Better Rayman 3

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Better Rayman 3

Post by RibShark »

What is Better Rayman 3?
Better Rayman 3 is a collection of fixes that allow Rayman 3 to be easily played in widescreen resolutions, while also offering additional features, such as windowed mode and restoring the ability to skip video cutscenes.

Currently, the fixes and features include:
  • Widescreen compatibility built in: previously, an INI file would have to be edited to change to a widescreen resolution. This would cause menus and other 2D elements to become broken, and FMV cutscenes to not show any video. With Better Rayman 3, widescreen resolutions can be chosen while configuring the game, and menus/FMV cutscenes work perfectly.
  • Ability to skip cutscenes: UbiSoft decided to remove the ability to skip FMV cutscenes from the PC port of the game. Better Rayman 3 restores this ability.
  • Extra options in the configuration: the original configuration program that comes with Rayman 3 is missing a number of options that the game allows. I have created a new configuration program that allows more settings to be tweaked, including Windowed Mode, FMV Cutscene Quality, and Trilinear filtering.
  • Missing textures fix: The new configuration program fixes all known graphical errors, including missing textures, while still maintaining a good framerate.
  • More stable framerate: Due to the game attempting to convert PAL to NTSC (which is unnecessary on PC), it may play 1.2× as fast as it is meant to. Additionally, the game may often drop the framerate unnecessarily. With Better Rayman 3, neither of these bugs happen meaning gameplay feels much smoother.
  • Proper gamepad detection: Rayman 3 would often not detect when gamepads are connected. Better Rayman 3 fixes this.
  • Full XInput support: Using a modified version of Noserdog's input fix, Better Rayman 3 adds full XInput support, allowing you to use your controller in the menus as well as during gameplay.
Downloads
Better Rayman 3 Installer

Installation Instructions
  1. If Rayman 3 is not yet installed, install it.
  2. Download and install Better Rayman 3.
  3. Configure the game as you would normally.
Changelog
  • 2017-09-19: Added a complete graphics fix (enable Hardware Vertex Processing in the setup if you had disabled Transform and Lighting), as well as full XInput support using a modified version of Noserdog's input fix.
  • 2017-04-01: Added a user customisable dead zone.
  • 2017-03-25: Fixed an issue with certain gamepads that caused Rayman to move slower when moving diagonally.
  • 2017-03-24: The game will now always recognise when a gamepad is attached. In addition, I have refactored the code to make it easier to develop future fixes. Patches are also now applied with d3d8.dll.
  • 2016-12-03: I have updated the patching method that I have used. All patches are now applied via Microsoft's compatibility settings, meaning that certain files are now no longer required. In addition, the patch is now uninstallable.
  • 2016-11-15: There is no longer a dependency on the Visual Studio 2015 redistributables. Additionally, .NET Framework 4.0 should automatically be installed if needed from now on. This should fix various issues people were having with missing DLL files.
  • 2016-11-03: The patch now fixes various issues with the framerate of the game. The framerate will no longer attempt to reach 72fps, even on 60fps monitors, and the framerate should additionally have less drastic drops.
  • 2016-10-09: The patch now also fixes cutscenes in resolutions wider than 16:10. All cutscenes can now also be skipped by pressing Esc or Space.
  • 2016-09-29: The patch now has an installer, a new configuration program designed to replace that of the original game, and therefore does not require any files to be edited by hand. Additionally, the patch now has the name "Better Rayman 3".
  • 2016-07-25: Updated patcher to modify the assembly rather than the value in memory. This allows a more accurate value to be used and also fixes some bugs, such as objects popping-in around the edges. This does require either the No-CD or GOG version to be used.
  • 2016-02-24: Added auto-patcher that works on all screen resolutions.
Last edited by RibShark on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Re: Rayman 3: Widescreen Patch

Post by Snagglebee »

Gonna try that out now :)
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Any chance you could modify files so that audio is on French but text on English?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Tried the patch, cutscenes don't seem to be working though :/
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Any chance you could modify files so that audio is on French but text on English?
Sorry. That isn't possible at this time unfortunately.
Imco97 wrote:Tried the patch, cutscenes don't seem to be working though :/
RibShark wrote:I was planning on releasing this after I had got the cutscenes working beyond 16:10, but it doesn't appear that that is going to happen anytime soon.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Ahh, sorry, I'm afraid I completely misread that.
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ah, you've released it publicly now. Should I update the one you gave me to test?
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Works great :D
To bad the cutscenes couldn't be fixed yet, but maybe sometime soon :)

This looks even better than Rayman 3 HD on PS3/XBox360 ^^
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Master wrote:Ah, you've released it publicly now. Should I update the one you gave me to test?
Don't bother, it is pretty much exactly the same.
emshomar wrote:Works great :D
To bad the cutscenes couldn't be fixed yet, but maybe sometime soon :)

This looks even better than Rayman 3 HD on PS3/XBox360 ^^
Yeah, the cutscenes are weird. Don't quite understand why they don't work. Thanks though.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

emshomar wrote:This looks even better than Rayman 3 HD on PS3/XBox360 ^^
That's not that difficult. :P
Hoozang
Matuvu
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang »

So, can I change my settings to voice and text to Spanish? If not, then it's ok, but...
YOU ARE AWESOME!
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Sugar, that should be possible. In ubi.ini just change "Language=English" to "Language=Spanish".
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Any chance you could modify files so that audio is on French but text on English?
I don't think so: There are no subtitle files in Rayman 3 (the non-HD version: HD has subtitle but of course it is only on Xbox360 and PS3 so if you don't have one of them...), or any kind of option related to them. Only the audio :/.

I'll give it a shot right now for the patch...

EDIT:
Sugar wrote:So, can I change my settings to voice and text to Spanish?
RibShark wrote:Sugar, that should be possible. In ubi.ini just change "Language=English" to "Language=Spanish".
Be careful though, it's possible Spanish audio is not supported by the original version, according to GOG:
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rayman_3:_ ... alizations

At least the UI is.

EDIT2:

It seems to work okay for me. I'm missing half textures while playing, but it is probably due to my setup or something: it also happened to Rayman Arena as I tried to play the game a few months ago.
Cutscenes don't seem to play. I'm only hearing the music and I can't see the video ;).

It's very nice though: Going to non 4:3 resolutions doesn't seem to stretch HUD in a horrible way like it was the case before according to GOG. Good job, my dear RibShark :D!
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Hoozang
Matuvu

Post by Hoozang »

Hmm, okay. Actually if everyone is talking that the Spanish audio isn't supported in the GOG version, the page is probably wrong.
I have played R3 in the GOG version while the Spanish voices and UI was there. So get rekt PCGW, get rekt.
I uninstalled R3 a time ago, I'll later download the game to test this out.
But then, in the original non-GOG version there was no Spanish Voices? I think it's actually wrong...
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Sugar wrote:the page is probably wrong.
Not anymore. :bad:
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Rayman 3 has Spanish voices in every version ever (minus mobile and GBA version which has no voice acting at all).
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Hoozang
Matuvu

Post by Hoozang »

Plum...is magical.
That's what I was talking about, every R3 copy has a full Spanish game, voices and UI! But, of course, PCNoobGaming gave wrong info about the Spanish version of the game.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

I said it was possible, I never said it was confirmed there were not Spanish audio in R3. This website just listed it as unknown :?
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

GG for this Rib'! :mryellow:
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Hey Rib, I don't wanna annoy or something... but I kinda discovered how to fix the cutscenes issue just myself. It's simple: The original bink files are all rendered at 320x400. I simple rerendered one clip at 360x400 and boom: I see it :D
Only thing I am still working around is, that the Audio track cannot be detected somewhy.

EDIT: Jup got that worked around too, Sound Track IDS is 2.