TTQ Season 139 - The Jonster

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Re: TTQ: Season 78 - OldClassicGamer

Post by OCG »

Okay, I finished checking something and now I can 100% move on. Anyways,
The final standings:
Image First Place: Omar
Image Second Place: Master (9 pts)
Image Third Place: Brad (7 pts)

Joint Fourth: Haruka and Rayman502 with 5 points
Joint Fifth: Stace and Rayrobi with 2 points
Joint Sixth: RibShark, Dart, Xenon, todpole and Got4n with 1 point

Congratulations Omar! Do you want to host next quiz?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Congratulation to Emshomar, I'll give you your 500 tings shortly!
Anyways, this was supposed to be the second and final trial for the new ruleset, however, I've seen that 3 voters aren't wholly satisfied with the ruleset, I'd like to hear their thoughts so I can determine whether or not I should make another revision. Otherwise, this ruleset will be enforced and put into place come Season 79, with no takebacks.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

As I said before, I think the new rules are perfect, but hearing voices from people who would like rules to improve would be nice like you said.
But somehow I have a feeling that those people won't say who they were and that they won't speek.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I said it was good at first, but now it is great :D
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

Wow! :o I can't believe I won. It's been now almost 20 seasons, 20 seasons I was watching others win and host and archieve special ranks. From season to season I was wishing to also finally win. And today, I did it :D
I can't describe how glad I am. I want to thank OldClassicGamer and Master !
My holidays will start in 2 weeks anyways so that'd be perfect timing for me to host :)
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Good luck, Emshomar! I've no doubt you'll have some very neat questions in mind given your experiences with the Rayman 1 spin-offs.
On another note, I'm going to give a deadline for the delay of the ruleset implementation, if I'm not sufficiently informed and/or convinced of the criticisms against this ruleset within a week, I'll be editing the front post to reflect the Mk2 ruleset, and Xenon's original ruleset will be retired.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Omar will host? Awesome. I expect many R1 questions to come. Will I be active? Heck yeah.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

OldClassicGamer wrote:I expect many R1 questions to come.
You bet ;)
OldClassicGamer wrote:Will I be active? Heck yeah.
Cool :) Let's see who is going to be the next winner ;)
Master
Rayman 1

Re: TTQ: Season 79

Post by Master »

Okedoke, you're aware of the two week waiting period, so you won't be able to start 'til April 17th. Be sure to confirm an exact time closer to the quiz's start so I know when to edit the title of the topic.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

17th April at 18:00 CEST would be fine for me I guess.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Awesome day, I will be ready to win again.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Post by TFDS »

Congratulations,Emshomar!It was a long time,but you managed to win in the end. :)
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Oh hi TFD. Seems like you missed previous season. Will you be here for next one?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Post by TFDS »

No,I won't.I don't feel like participating in the next seasons.
todpole
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 980

Post by todpole »

I'll just do want I always do and answer for fun.
Who will win a Fight:Image vsImage
Master
Rayman 1

TTQ: Ruleset changed

Post by Master »

Right then, as I've not received any feedback, the new ruleset is now permanent. The first post has been edited, but for the sake of archiving, the original Ruleset can be seen below:
Unfortunately, so as to maintain some level of orderliness, a few rules have been devised to prevent cheating and generally uphold the stability
of the quiz. They are as follows:

.........................Image.... One answer per question, per user, unless otherwise instructed by the quizmaster

.........................Image.... No editing of answers under any circumstances

.........................Image.... Participants must not criticise the quizmaster in any way during seasons

.........................Image.... No off-topicness

In the interest of fairness, an additional rule is that players are only permitted to answer three questions in succession. Once three have been
answered, the player must then skip the following 2 questions. He will be able to rejoin after this. Alternatively, the player can choose to skip 1
question if he answers the two preceding questions correctly. Why was this rule devised? Simply to prevent victors from winning through activity
alone. This rule is sometimes quite difficult to follow so please ask the quizmaster for assistance if you are confused.

Failure to comply with any one of these rules will result in severe punishment, up to and including expulsion from the quiz!

Hosting Seasons

So, you've accumulated ten correct answers and are now faced with the prospect of hosting the following season. What are your options? You can
either choose to accept ownership of the following season or reject the invitation. Should you reject, the English Moderator Master will host the next quiz by
default. However, an additional prize is awarded to players who successfully host a season: a customised avatar to wear for a month. 'Successfully'
is the operative word here, though, as is defined by complying with the following hosting rules:

.........................Image.... Always maintain a reasonable level of activity; questions should be asked at least daily

.........................Image.... Questions must always be Rayman related and must be connected to the main games (although infrequent harder questions may be used)

.........................Image.... Questions must be achievable and realistic

.........................Image.... Questions must be easy to understand (both grammatically and typographically)

.........................Image.... Refer to the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 and the PC version of Rayman 3 when asking questions which vary upon versions

.........................Image.... Ask at least one Bonus Question during the season, and a maximum of two per season.

.........................Image.... Complete the season - host until one player reaches ten points

Bonus Questions

Bonus Questions will be asked from time to time to test the depths of your Rayman knowledge, a season must have one bonus question minimum, and two maximum. These questions will be harder than standard questions but will come with a small reward of up to 100 Tings. Naturally correctly answering a bonus question will not alter your position on the current leaderboard.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I had a feeling nobody would say anything in the first place, but I am very glad that this new ruleset is now permanent.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Re: TTQ: Season 79 - Emshomar

Post by Snagglebee »

Welcome to the brand new season 79, featuring me emshomar as a host :)
Before you answer any of my questions please read the new rulesets if you haven't done that before. I shall remind you, that breaking any of these rule can result in punishments like tings detuction or disqualification from this season. I am looking fornward to see a successful and enjoyable season for every participant :D .
I wish good luck to everybody!

That being said, let's begin with the first question.

Question 1:
What does the red Hunchman in Rayman Revolution shoot?
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

They fire homing missiles which look like miniature brown versions of those used by the Grolgoth in the PlayStation adaptation of the game.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

Correct!

1# OldClassicGamer - |||||||||| 1 point

Question 2:
Name all enemies in Band Land in Rayman 1.