http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/618/dscf1275.jpg After destroying one segment of Boss Chenille, the aforemented picture came up. The question is: What is Boss Chenille's resistance? --iHeckler9 17:39, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Boss Chenille splits up into multiple caterpillars as the battle goes on. Try counting the total number of shots required to defeat every single one of them; that's the best measure of its resistance that I can think of right now. You might want to repeat the fight a couple of times to avoid a miscount. You may also want to try turning off your magic fist upgrades first: pause the game, go to 'Options', then 'Language' and highlight 'Mute'. While holding down L1 and R1, press L2, R2, L2, R2, L2, R2. A menu appears, allowing you to enable and disable your powers at will.
- I'd forgotten about this cheat until now. Perhaps it holds further possibilities for divining the mechanics of Revolution's resistance system. —Spiraldoor 19:20, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Wow, where did you learn about that cheat code? I should try this out. --Haruka 22:50, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- For every red mini-shadow there's four black mini-shadows. Judging by this, it definitely has over 40 health. --iHeckler9 07:48, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- Spiral's suggestion is indeed the best way to evaluate Boss Chenille's resistance: 1 HP per black caterpillar or 4 HP per red caterpillar. It shouldn't be too hard to count them if done with caution, but I was unable to do it from a YouTube video; someone's gonna have to play the game. There is, however, a significant problem: in Revolution, caterpillars can be defeated with a blue shot, and most likely with a white shot as well. That would mean they have less than 1/3 or even 1/9 HP, therefore dividing Boss Chenille's resistance by the same ratio. What do you guys think? — 14:58, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm. I see. This means that I will now have to try it again (having purchased the rebound upgrades). However, we could find out that the head takes three hits to get rid of, and every other one takes one...This means overall Boss Chenille takes around 56 hits to kill. --iHeckler9 16:24, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- No, 'chenille' is just the French word for 'caterpillar'. —Spiraldoor 16:12, 6 May 2011 (UTC)