Moving On...

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

BabyDragonChef
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1800

Moving On...

Post by BabyDragonChef » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 pm

..Yeah, I've decided to move on from being part of a fanbase/community. I love Rayman and all that, but I cause nothing but trouble when I'm here. So I'm basically just gonna say bye and hope everyone at least has a good time! :)

Xenon
Globox
Tings: 132565

Re: Moving On...

Post by Xenon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 am

I wish you luck with the future, but maybe it would be better if you explain how you "cause trouble" here. It's much better to leave the forum on a positive note, with the possibility of returning, rather than with a mutual lack of understanding and respect. I have certainly had no cause for concern about you and I don't believe any of the other moderators did either.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 am

I think he's more referring to his experience on the IRC, where he would only really talk about things he wanted to talk about, constantly interrupting others' conversations with irrelevant postings. But that was a while ago, and as far as I know, he's never done anything wrong on the forum.

From my point of view, there isn't really any specific point in time in which you 'move on.' Regardless of what you say, it will still live on in your own head. With that in mind, I've always found the idea of 'goodbye' threads talking about community departure to be rather silly. If you really doubt you'll be coming here again, then just don't say anything. That way, in the event that you do come back for whatever reason, you won't have made an ass of yourself. And I'm not saying that you have, but given what's happened on the IRC in the past, this thread is basically just you reminding everyone that these things did happen after half a year of no-showing.

neo
Froutch
Tings: 66309

Post by neo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 am

I don't see it as silly. It shows that the person has problems and wants to express how they feel. Who cares if you make an ass of yourself, as long as others see that you feel bad about what you have done or how you don't feel like you fit in. If the person didn't feel this way, there would obviously be no thread titled 'moving on' or 'i'm leaving'. They'd just come in less and just drop in randomly, like me. :fou:

About a person changing, I agree a person won't ever change. I remember coming back from summer and going into 8th grade, and the girls were like "Oh Carlos did you change?" and I"m like "huh?" and they are like "Nope. :lol: "

Yet, I do think people can improve, or even mature. If he knew that he had problems with interrupting people, he might reflect on that and work on ways to 'abstain' his impulses. Maybe.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:43 am

Well, uh, bye.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am

neo wrote:as long as others see that you feel bad about what you have done or how you don't feel like you fit in.
Aye, and any of those things would have made this thread a little better. Take note of the current situation however, he didn't apologise or anything. He doesn't even really have to, which is why the thread is even more pointless. He never caused trouble on the actual forum either, so, again, this thread is all the more pointless. All it is is the declaration: "After a long stretch of total inactivity, I'm here to say that I'm no longer a part of this fanbase."

To me, it's dumb. That's all, really.

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Looks like our dragon chef ain't a baby no more. :cry:

Fly, young one, and have a good life!
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Xenon
Globox
Tings: 132565

Post by Xenon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Adsolution wrote:I think he's more referring to his experience on the IRC,
Ah. That would explain my ignorance then.

Anyway, I fully agree with neo. Everyone has acted in a regrettable way at some point in their lives, and everyone has a chance to change and be forgiven. Most members on this board (even some of the ones who don't want to admit it) started their RPC lives with highly dubious reputations but they matured into respectable and amicable members over time.

Creating a thread like this is nothing more than an emotional outburst and one which I believe you will regret in the future. The best way for you to procure respect is to prove to the community that you can be a valued member through good posting and contributions. The worst solution is to run away and pretend that the persona you created never existed in the first place.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Aye, you're completely right.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Xenon is totally right. I have nothing to add.

neo
Froutch
Tings: 66309

Post by neo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Adsolution wrote:
neo wrote:as long as others see that you feel bad about what you have done or how you don't feel like you fit in.
Aye, and any of those things would have made this thread a little better. Take note of the current situation however, he didn't apologise or anything. He doesn't even really have to, which is why the thread is even more pointless. He never caused trouble on the actual forum either, so, again, this thread is all the more pointless. All it is is the declaration: "After a long stretch of total inactivity, I'm here to say that I'm no longer a part of this fanbase."

To me, it's dumb. That's all, really.
Ah, point taken. I will assume he is either insecure about how others really feel about him then and imagines others to be saying things (when it's possible) but when it's probably not true. (Like when you imagine when someone has a serious, mad look, that it's because of you, but then you learn it's because they had a bad day, see you were just assuming the worst) Yet it's only a guess, as you are right, he didn't really express much other than "I'm leaving, I just cause too much trouble here."

So like you said, it's pointless to the point of us discussing the merits of posting a "I'm leaving" thread, and not what he is saying or his actual actions (because he isn't saying anything else nor has he done much). (This thread specifically)