All you need to know about Pirate-Community

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

All you need to know about Pirate-Community

Post by Hunchman801 »

First of all, welcome here!

Pirate-Community was founded on August 8th 2003, as a consequence of the deterioration of the official Rayman forums. Since then, it has survived and become the largest Rayman community ever.

:arrow: What's Pirate-Community about?

Our community is mostly known for its message board, which you are currently browsing. However, it's also home to a couple great services:
  • RayTunes is the one and only reference for Rayman music on the internet, with more than 4GB of songs from the very first Rayman game to the latest Rabbids series, which can be downloaded from the site or with the dedicated program.
  • RayWiki is a community encyclopedia about Rayman. Whether you're looking for a specific piece of information or simply feel like contributing to this great project, do not hesitate to visit the largest Rayman resource ever.
  • The Rayman 3 Hall of Fame, created with the collaboration of UbiSoft, allows you to add your score to the list and to compete with the other players by posting the unique key code you are provided at the end of the game.
:arrow: How does it work around here?

Pirate-Community is an unconventional place, and the most significant consequence is that there is no proper set of rules. Our members are, on the other hand, invited to post decent messages, respect the other users and make use of a proper spelling. In order to make sure that these few points are respected, a certain hierarchy exists on the forums.
:arrow: Who should I contact?
  • Any problems, questions or thoughts about the community itself and/or its moderation? Please send a private message to the English Moderators group.
  • Anything that requires the intervention of advanced permissions, such as changing one's username or password? Please contact PluMGMK.
  • Any technical problems with the server itself or the server scripts? Please contact Hunchman801.
:arrow: Anything else I should know?

Every time you post a new message at Pirate-Community, you earn five Tings. These points are used to determine your avatar: please see the Ranks topic for more information.

You can also get bonus Tings by either:
  • inviting friends to join PC. If they are active for a few weeks, you will get 500 Tings per mentee.
  • advertising on other websites. You can create a topic about PC or add a link to PC in your signature (200 Tings each).
  • submitting your Rayman 3 score to the Hall of Fame. You will get 1 Ting every 100 points scored in the game.
However, please keep in mind that any abuse in regard to the behaviour standards of our community may result in a subsequent Tings loss, especially in case of message flooding in order to rise one's post count and/or Tings count.

We also host a variety of contests where you can not only win bonus tings but also special ranks. Here are our current on going contests :
  • Challenge Of The Month (COTM) - Are you a competitive Rayman player? COTM lets you compete with other players to earn high scores or fastest times and bags you tings depending on how well you do.
  • Riddles Of The Glade (ROTG) - Do you have what it takes to solve clues about certain things from the Rayman series? Then ROTG is for you; answering a clue correctly earns you the chance to give your own clue to other competitors. Having the most points by the end of the round earns you prizes.
  • Signature Of The Month (SOTM) - Do you enjoy making signatures or want your favourite sigmaker to be rewarded for their hard work? Earn tings and special ranks by submitting a signature to SOTM be it your own or one someone made for you. The more people that enter means more ting rewards for the lucky winner.
  • The Teensies Quiz (TTQ) - Test your Rayman knowledge by answering questions on the series. Winning each season will earn you 500 tings and the chance to host the quiz yourself for one season.
Thanks for reading, and have fun at Pirate-Community! We count on you to help us make this place as enjoyable as possible ;)

~The Pirate-Community Team
Last edited by Hunchman801 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
silverlumbb
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1360

Re: Pirate-Community

Post by silverlumbb »

Hunchman801 wrote:Talk here about the Pirate-Community :D
what i dont get it
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

There are a lot of things on the Pirate-Community ! Rayman Comics, Rayman Trading Card Game, a webiste about Metal Gear and Rayman... :D
silverlumbb
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by silverlumbb »

Hunchman801 wrote:There are a lot of things on the Pirate-Community ! Rayman Comics, Rayman Trading Card Game, a webiste about Metal Gear and Rayman... :D
sorryie edit it becuase you said trading carg game and i put trading card game
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Would you advertise for this great community ?? :D
Rexy
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Post by Rexy »

I might do, and... if it's possible, you don't mind if I get put on the team as an English localisation tester? ;)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Localisation Tester? :| What is it? :) :wink:
Rexy
Lums Vert

Post by Rexy »

They translate the BDs into English. Do we need a more brief explanation? :P
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah I'll make a topic with the pages and the translations :wink:
Locked but mods shoudn't post :wink:
Rexy
Lums Vert

Post by Rexy »

ok, thanks ^.^ That's just in case Babelfish goes haywire :P
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rexy wrote:ok, thanks ^.^ That's just in case Babelfish goes haywire :P
What's Babelfish ???
Rexy
Lums Vert

Post by Rexy »

A translator I use for French phrases I'm not sure of o_O
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I'll translate this myself :wink:

Post by Guest »

I read a piece of the comics, I was pretty sweet :wink:
silverlumbb
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by silverlumbb »

Anonymous wrote:I read a piece of the comics, I was pretty sweet :wink:
dont spam guest
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

His IP odesn't look like any IP of the forum member :| i dunno who he's but if he spams i'll have to ban him :evil:

Post by Guest »

You guys don't know me? I thought I registered successfully :?
Xenesus
Fantasnip
Tings: 1323

Post by Xenesus »

Hunchman801 wrote:Would you advertise this super-community ?? :D
Sure! I will tell some people about it!
Creator of 'The You Game' and 'The Person Above You Game' threads.
Former 'notorious spammer', now a grown-up...
Xenesus
Fantasnip
Tings: 1323

Post by Xenesus »

silverlumbb wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I read a piece of the comics, I was pretty sweet :wink:
dont spam guest
You spam too! Well, at least at RZ and my board, and stuff..
Creator of 'The You Game' and 'The Person Above You Game' threads.
Former 'notorious spammer', now a grown-up...
lockewong
Ugly
Tings: 696

Post by lockewong »

Hunchman801 wrote:Would you advertise this super-community ?? :D
I would do my best. I'll add it to http://www.dmoz.org because I'm an edited of the Rayman category. Once I add your community in, worldwide search engines would get the UL from it and your community would be listed in every major search engine!!! :D
NO SIG