The posts in a day record will take place from August 23, 11 PM to August 24, 11 PM (UTC+2).
During this day, you will earn thrice as many Tings as usual by posting, plus extra rewards up to 6000 Tings. We count on you to be here and post as much as you can in order to beat the previous 32252 posts record!
Time left before the record: 1 days 8 hours 23 minutes 13 seconds.

When did you first visit RPC?

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Ambidextroid wrote: I eventually stumbled upon this beauty: http://youtu.be/b66Y6WzsegM
I wonder how many people actually joined because of this video :lol:
This video I found it to be quite informative, I think more people should watch this video first before doing anything on the RPC. I have to admit though I was a slightly amused by it though it’s still a great video.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16895

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Greeness » Wed May 09, 2018 11:58 pm

I was just reminded of another event from my earlier days visiting RPC, it was at the time when I occasionally tried to look up any information I could find about the existance of Rayman 4 and to hopefully see an announcement of it, from that I remember stumbling upon an April Fools thread/post here about Rayman 4: Attack of the Zombie Rabbids or something similar to that, couldn't find it unfortunately, but I recall being disappointed by the fact that it wasn't real. :lol:

I could be completely wrong on this one since this memory is a bit blurry, but I'm pretty sure this happened and it was this site I visited.

(Also, I'd be thankful if someone would be able to find that thread/post, if possible) :wink:
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 am

Greeness wrote:I was just reminded of another event from my earlier days visiting RPC, it was at the time when I occasionally tried to look up any information I could find about the existance of Rayman 4 and to hopefully see an announcement of it, from that I remember stumbling upon an April Fools thread/post here about Rayman 4: Attack of the Zombie Rabbids or something similar to that, couldn't find it unfortunately, but I recall being disappointed by the fact that it wasn't real. :lol:

I could be completely wrong on this one since this memory is a bit blurry, but I'm pretty sure this happened and it was this site I visited.

(Also, I'd be thankful if someone would be able to find that thread/post, if possible) :wink:
Maybe it was this one?
https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13040

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16895

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Greeness » Thu May 10, 2018 12:31 am

The Jonster wrote: Maybe it was this one?
https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13040
Yep! That's precisely it!
(You deserve a Ting donation!)

It seemed pretty stupid and unrealistic, with it using artwork from the original cancelled Rayman 4, while at the same time saying it's mainly based on the Raving Rabbids prototype, but I was highly unaware of the forums even existing during that time, so just seeing people having a discussion about Rayman 4 made me content as a Rayman fan.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 24170
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 147690

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Steo » Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 am

We all would've loved it to be real so you just really wanted it to be true :)
Taobh istigh de 48 uair an chloig. :hap:
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16895

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Greeness » Thu May 10, 2018 1:02 am

This honestly makes me realize how empty the feeling of being a Rayman fan is before being a part of RPC, really aside a couple of friends that grew up on the series with me during the time, no one really knows about Rayman around these parts.

I guess at the end of the day we all have to thank Humch for the existence of this place. :wink:
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 24170
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 147690

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Steo » Thu May 10, 2018 1:20 am

Oh yeah definitely we do.

Also though, I only knew about it because a relative gave me Rayman 1 when I was 8 and I played it excessively. I returned to it a couple of times and never really played past Band Land on those returns. Around 2012 I actually paid €5 on the Vita when I seen Rayman for sale on the PS store so I clearly still liked it a lot at that stage, then in 2015 I was emulating it on an Android box just because it had the power to play it properly and that's when I realised it was supposed to be 60fps unlike the choppy PAL Vita version.

Anyway I played Origins as I said at the end of 2017 and start of 2018, then Legends and started playing 3 as I'd never played a 3D Rayman, got lead here a few times from googling for help then joined here in February.

That's when I proceeded to finish Rayman 3 and play Rayman 2 and 100% the others Ubiart games then complete Rayman 1.

I kind of wish I had played the 3D games years ago and the UbiArt ones when they were brand new but then again I still loved playing them all just recently :)

I still can't believe I stupidly didn't play Origins for 6 years because my friend told me it wasn't great :lol:
Taobh istigh de 48 uair an chloig. :hap:
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 am

Steo wrote:Oh yeah definitely we do.

Also though, I only knew about it because a relative gave me Rayman 1 when I was 8 and I played it excessively. I returned to it a couple of times and never really played past Band Land on those returns. Around 2012 I actually paid €5 on the Vita when I seen Rayman for sale on the PS store so I clearly still liked it a lot at that stage, then in 2015 I was emulating it on an Android box just because it had the power to play it properly and that's when I realised it was supposed to be 60fps unlike the choppy PAL Vita version.

Anyway I played Origins as I said at the end of 2017 and start of 2018, then Legends and started playing 3 as I'd never played a 3D Rayman, got lead here a few times from googling for help then joined here in February.

That's when I proceeded to finish Rayman 3 and play Rayman 2 and 100% the others Ubiart games then complete Rayman 1.

I kind of wish I had played the 3D games years ago and the UbiArt ones when they were brand new but then again I still loved playing them all just recently :)

I still can't believe I stupidly didn't play Origins for 6 years because my friend told me it wasn't great :lol:
Hey, at least you played all the games. I still haven't played the UbiArt games (mainly because I have so many other games to finish and I still have to fix my 3DS). I'm glad I picked up Rayman again back in 2016. At least I know now that I've never forgotten about him :proud:

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29543
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4218

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by PluMGMK » Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 am

I'd completely forgotten about that stupid topic! It even contains a snapshot of the old "Prolesverse", with my addressing roles as "dear". Crazy times...

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Thu May 10, 2018 8:31 am

Lol well it was april fools that day when that was posted. And anyway I could qualify all the antics that came up during the recent April Fools' Day as being really crazy times too! (well at least for me anyway) :)

Man whenever I think of all the times you guys must have had years ago, it makes me wish I had joined sooner instead of randomly wandering around the forum.
(excuse me if what I'm saying doesn't make sense It's like 2:30AM here and I feel so sleepy rite now :lol: )

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29543
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4218

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by PluMGMK » Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 am

Well, the crazy times I referred to were those of what was known as the "Proleshroobish love quartet", which went on for about four months!

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 am

:lol:
Oh I think I know the members who were involved in this quartet lol. 8)
Tbh I did know about this a month ago when I did some "researching" through the forum. What I found even more curious than that was this:
https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12003

Hmm..I should put my own strange shippings here :lol:
Imagine a The Jonster/Mr. Dark shipping!! :lol:
Although it WOULD look a little odd, everybodt would at least know I was joking right? :lol:

Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Tings: 125

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Ray502 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:09 pm

I actually visited RayWiki before RPC. I remember reading about Rayman Origins. In fact, I think that's how I found out about Origins. :P

Anyway, probably a few days before I signed up is when I first visited this site.
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77163
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 557185

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Hunchman801 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:11 pm

The Jonster wrote:Tbh I did know about this a month ago when I did some "researching" through the forum. What I found even more curious than that was this:
https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12003
Hunch/Xenon
:paranormal:
Ray502 wrote:I actually visited RayWiki before RPC. I remember reading about Rayman Origins. In fact, I think that's how I found out about Origins. :P
It appears that the wiki brought quite a few members to the forum, which is great indeed.
Image

lumz99
Antitoon
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:00 pm
Location: Q-C-A
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by lumz99 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:28 am

Has it really been 15 years, what the hell

If memory serves, I first visited RPC when Raymanzone disappeared all of a sudden, went through several forums, then kinda left the Rayman community

I still check the forums from time to time, but I can't believe it's been a decade and a half, someone save me from 10yo me's posts, good lord

PluMGMK
Sandra Misu
Posts: 29543
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 4218

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by PluMGMK » Fri May 18, 2018 2:13 am

Hmm…
lumz99 wrote:< vient de se rappeler que le forum existe.
lumz99 (five years later) wrote:< just remembered that this forum exists holey moley.
:fou:

Well, nice to see you anyway! :)

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 24170
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 147690

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Steo » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 am

Sounds like me on a few places including the gamemaker community. Funny thing is ^ keeps reminding me of it because one of the file extensions for the games made with game maker is .GMK :mrgreen:
Taobh istigh de 48 uair an chloig. :hap:
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Sat May 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Steo wrote:Sounds like me on a few places including the gamemaker community. Funny thing is ^ keeps reminding me of it because one of the file extensions for the games made with game maker is .GMK :mrgreen:
You are giving me strange theories about ^^'s username now... 8)
Though I don't think it would surprise me if that somehow was the case :)

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 24170
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 147690

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Steo » Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm

And funnily enough I was using Game Maker again a couple days after the post :lol:
Taobh istigh de 48 uair an chloig. :hap:
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 25752
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Tings: 64205

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by The Jonster » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:49 am

The Jonster wrote: Man whenever I think of all the times you guys must have had years ago, it makes me wish I had joined sooner instead of randomly wandering around the forum.
2 months that I've been here now and my opinion hasn't changed one bit despite the fact I was sleepy when I posted this. I'm glad I'm here now though! :)

Post Reply