Do you feel like this sometimes?

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Do you feel like this sometimes?

Post by Master »

Ah, ol' SoD, popped 'round for another visit, eh?
How've you been keeping?
Son of Dark
Reclu
Tings: 2565

Post by Son of Dark »

Well... Hard to say, if you know what I mean, it's one of those things, as in, it's been very mixed throughout this time. But yes, I'm here again, perhaps for even a while this time
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ah, alright then.
Nice to see you again though regardless, don't think there's anything major you've missed, though check the RPC Documentary if you want to be sure.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

I always like to keep checking into RPC and keep up with what's going on, even if I don't post or mostly hang around a few off-topic threads like right now. Strangely enough I always consider this my overall "main" internet community despite not always being active. I like occasionally visiting the old posts (despite my early posts being fucking awful). I'm glad that the I suppose "main bunch" is still here, cause I'm really curious to see where all of us including myself will be in five years, and RPC is the only community that I legitimately believe I'll still check in time to time after that much time.

In some cases I'd say that people coming and going isn't a bad thing. I'm currently in my third year on my Minecraft server and that place turned from a warm, silly community to a bit dull. Sometimes I think it's probably better to leave a community while it's still alive and kicking instead of being part of the small group that's waiting for it to release its last breath, as it does leave kind of an odd last impression on you.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

Yeah I do feel like that sometimes. I can imagine a lot of people do. It's sad when you look back on past friends on forums/websites and see that they're no longer around. It's also frustrating when you don't actually know what happened to that person. Although truth be told, I've just left loads of forums without saying goodbye, or why I'm going. I think that comes down to actually not intending to properly leave the forum. I may just forget about the place for a while, but I won't say 'I'm leaving' because there's a likelihood that I'll come back someday. I've done that before with forums, left for ages and then come back. That's why it always pisses me off when people delete their accounts on forums. It's like, what's the point? Really, someday you might actually want to go back.
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

I often reminisce about my younger years on RPC. In a way I miss being a child and being a bit of a tingwhore, to be honest. People have grown up and attitudes have changed, and while that is a shame, in a sense, I don't think it's something I could ever be actively depressed about.
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

Xenon wrote:I often reminisce about my younger years on RPC. In a way I miss being a child and being a bit of a tingwhore, to be honest. People have grown up and attitudes have changed, and while that is a shame, in a sense, I don't think it's something I could ever be actively depressed about.
A tingwhore?! ;O Never! - Hah, that's a good phrase. I think I'll start using it, you dirty tingwhore.

Well ex tingwhore technically
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Bump.

I feel this way quite often, especially when I look up members who I've never met/don't interact with on a regular basis, such as Master, who recently departed from the forum. There are so many members here who were once active and posted here all the time, but these days I hardly ever see them around, and it kind of makes me sad, since I never get the chance to talk up a nice chat. I am sorry to have heard about JInzo and Rayray1994, since I've never met them and probably never will, but from what I've seen on this forum I'm sure they were nice people :)

Like others, I also come across threads in my digging through old forums and i find both things I wish I had never seen, and conversations that I feel I could really blend well with, and sometimes it makes me regret not joining up sooner.

I know this is going to sound weird, but I'd like to have the chance to chat with everyone around here, both new and old, and it always make me happy when members of old come around and visit. I hope someday they will all return.... I'm glad this forum isn't completely empty though, as I've made quite a lot of friends here that I like and I hope we can all continue having a good chat and making fun for years to come. Heheh I'm sorry if I sound a little sappy at this point, but that's kinda what I want to say on this subject. :)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I have to stop looking back over some of the posts in the past few months because looking at some of them can annoy me as much as they did at the time. I feel like there were a lot of posts that wouldn't have been pleasing to the eye and even some of my posts from April were a bit silly. Even looking at the ones where I lost my cool are a pain to look at again but tbh I was doing that for a reason, I didn't like the state RPC was in (full of spam basically) and I hated seeing it like that. Me losing my temper and criticising others wasn't helping the cause but I had the decency to apologise about all of that at least :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Steo wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:16 am I have to stop looking back over some of the posts in the past few months because looking at some of them can annoy me as much as they did at the time. I feel like there were a lot of posts that wouldn't have been pleasing to the eye and even some of my posts from April were a bit silly. Even looking at the ones where I lost my cool are a pain to look at again but tbh I was doing that for a reason, I didn't like the state RPC was in (full of spam basically) and I hated seeing it like that. Me losing my temper and criticising others wasn't helping the cause but I had the decency to apologise about all of that at least :P
The old posts of mine make me feel uncomfortable looking at them, I mean I still make some of those, but not as much as I used to like a year ago. :)
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Well having a bit of fun by making the odd silly post is alright in certain game threads anyway, but I think there's much more to the community than strictly posting in game threads, like I was guilty of for a couple of weeks back in April.

That's the reason I was talking about post count and a good few of mine were game thread ones, but I just acted a little mad when I was new here. I'd rather have a lower count and them all have been contributing to the community, but at least the majority of the posts I made has some insight to them.

We all get caught up in the nonsense phase at one at one stage, some for far longer than others :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Greengoop
Creveton
Tings: 29850

Post by Greengoop »

It’s extra depressing when they had an unanswered post that never got to have a good chat on. :nostalgic:

Whenever I find a dead account I always make myself feel better by thinking they’re probably out there living life to the fullest right now :winkgrin: