About Ubisoft, RZ, PC, and stuff..

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Newray
Électoon
Tings: 5

About Ubisoft, RZ, PC, and stuff..

Post by Newray »

I've created this topic in here mainly because I want to end the negative words about RZ, RZ's past, and the Ubisoft forums in general. I'm not saying all this stuff because I hate anything or anyone, but I just want to get rid of all those negative things that have killed a big part of the Rayman community since the end of 2004.

So about Ubisoft and their forums, the main goal from every gaming company is just like all other companies, getting the daily loan. But they won't get that money if the fans and the other customers are unhappy. So they do care about their customers. But the Ubisoft forums are in no way managed by the higher-ups at Ubisoft, in fact, the admins don't have a say on what forum system they're using. And the admins do try their best to keep the place as good as possible. But the quality of the forum's content is still mainly in the hands of the members and the moderators.

RZ is an official forum and is completely affiliated with Ubisoft's official sites, PC is the most active unofficial Rayman forum made by fans. So I still wonder why so much people were and are comparing those two in such an serious way. You can't 'rate' the quality of Ubisoft and their games by looking at the forums and their management. Ubisoft's community part could be a little better, but the way how their management works can't be compared with PC and any other fan made Rayman forum.

And at last, never ever care about the things those anti RZ people have said in the past, there were no professional hackers on RZ. The attack on the old phpBB forum at the end of 2004 was nothing more than a little security worm that was able to infect older phpBB versions on a webserver. It could have been send to the server's IP by a person, but that was in no way a professional hack. The first lost of data on the Eve system was nothing more than a hard disk break at Groupee's servers, and it was in no way caused by an high amount of queries, even an out to date forum system like Eve has protection for that. The same problem happened again a few days ago though. And about the spam attacks with mine and pok2's accounts, our passwords were way too easy to guess with some nooby computer tools and we really had to change those back then, we never had any trojans on our computers that were tracking logins. Xeiqu, AntitoonNato, and Cyberscreen weren't 'hacked' because they had safe passwords. So then again, never listen to those fakers and don't even call them 'ARZO' or whatever.

Hope this will clean up the existance of the Rayman community a bit. :wink:
Rayman Origins Progress: 100% Image246/246 Image51/51 Image31/31 Image10/10
Rayman Jungle Run Progress: 100% Image70/70
Rayman 3 HD Progress: 100% ImageScore: 702322 ImageCages: 60/60
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: About Ubisoft, RZ, PC, and stuff..

Post by Hunchman801 »

I am glad to see that we now have another place than Blackorb's topic to talk about RZ. Unfortunately, in the name of freedom of speech, I will not be able to lock it :roll:
I mainly agree with you, even if I think you are underestimating those madmen who swore to destroy RZ ;)
About PC and RZ, there will always be a kind of competition between the two largest Rayman communities. I do even think it is a good thing, as rulers of both forums keep making or trying to make them better. I deplore the existence of narrow-minded members on both sides, who think their board is the best and who hate the other one though.
Several members of the Rayman community are active at PC and RZ, so it creates links and avoids major clashes between the two boards, but I can only applause the creation of your topic, which could announce the beginning of a new era for all of us :)
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

I'm posting on both RZ and PC. But I don't think this topic will start a new era for the Rayman community. I just created it because most PC and RZ members were always wrong about the way how RZ is managed these days, and because fights about which community is better + ARZO things were also some problems for the community in the past and the present. Anyway, at this time, RZ is very glitchy because of the Groupee system (Grew Pee). But one of the admins will try to discuss with the higher-ups at Ubisoft to change software!
Shape of Death
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Shape of Death »

Everything Ruy said is is just obvious.. 'ubisoft is a company', 'rayman is a game', 'rz is the official forum and pc is unofficial'...

Whats even the point in discussing some forum, raymanzone in this case, on another one?

If they get hacked or their system gets f-cked its their own problem.

If you want to say something about rz do it on the rz.. :/
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I don't fully agree with you. :| Apparently some members here were wrong and we can't reproach Ruy for explaining them what is happening :idea:
Welcome, by the way ;)
Shape of Death
Antitoon

Post by Shape of Death »

Yeah well but then again why not check the RZ itself, it says that its the Groupee error in like every topic, not hackers or whatever.

Which is quite obvious as well, cos the whole ubi forums got blanked, not JUST the Raymanzone.

I doubt 'arzo' would/could do that.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hunchman801 wrote:Welcome, by the way ;)
May I amend that? Welcome back.
Anyway, most people here know it was a Groupee error, but read some messages here and you will understand why Newray felt like posting this topic :|
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

Yes, I didn't posted this topic to cause trouble or something, I just wanted to refresh peoples thoughts about the Ubisoft forums, RZ, the Groupee system, and ARZO. Mainly because some members who are active on this community these days were wrong with some of those.

And by the way, who are you really Shape of Death? Somebody who knows one of my other nicknames is Ruy can't be a new member. Welcome back!
timoo
El Luchador
Tings: 22216

Post by timoo »

Master Hunchman told him welcome back, so he isn't new apparently. Anyway, I don't think this deserved one more topic. I don't think we're bugging RZ members about PC, are we? :|
Today is another death.
Image Image
Lachimax
Antitoon

Post by Lachimax »

I recently started a petition on the Raymanzone about getting the stupid Groupee system changed. Already, twenty odd people have signed, and the moderators think that it is making a difference. Apparently a six-hour maintenence thingy is coming up in the UbiSoft forums, so I hope it gets changed!
:destroy:
Check out my writing at A Web of Worlds
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I hope so for you, but I can't help thinking that Ubi haven't changed ;)
noob1
Antitoon

Post by noob1 »

The most fundamental concept in chemistry is the law of conservation of mass, which states that there is no detectable change in the quantity of matter during an ordinary chemical reaction. Modern physics shows that it is actually energy that is conserved, and that energy and mass are related; a concept which becomes important in nuclear chemistry. Conservation of energy leads to the important concepts of equilibrium, thermodynamics, and kinetics.

Further laws of chemistry elaborate on the law of conservation of mass. Joseph Proust's law of definite composition says that pure chemicals are composed of elements in a definite formulation; we now know that the structural arrangement of these elements is also important.

Dalton's law of multiple proportions says that these chemicals will present themselves in proportions that are small whole numbers (i.e. 1:2 O:H in water); although in many systems (notably biomacromolecules and minerals) the ratios tend to require large numbers, and are frequently represented as a fraction. Such compounds are known as non-stoichiometric compounds.
:fou:
jugrot
Bracadabreur
Tings: 3615

Post by jugrot »

I'm sorry but that's far more interesting than talking shit about RZ.
Beyond illusion is the key,
Go through your fear and find me.
May you discover reality,
You'll understand who is worth an army.
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

That noob1 guy is pretty funny. He's like those old english RZ-spammers from 2003.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

I find it hard to believe that you actually remember members from 4 years ago.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Newray wrote:That noob1 guy is pretty funny. He's like those old english RZ-spammers from 2003.
Are you talking about ARZO spammers, Newray? :| Cause it's just matyuv ^^
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

I've heard there were thousands of noobs and spammers in year 2003, so I guess he was refering to those.
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

Hunchman801 wrote:
Newray wrote:That noob1 guy is pretty funny. He's like those old english RZ-spammers from 2003.
Are you talking about ARZO spammers, Newray? :| Cause it's just matyuv ^^
No, ARZO spammers were more serious. I was actually talking about those spammers from 2003 saying 'Let's make some people interested in me, let's spam up the forums'. And if somebody is spamming PC, it could be matyuv or else t3h1, that's for sure.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I actually remember them, we also had many of them spamming French forums ^^ For instance, the high-ranking noob and MSPaint graphics master known as jinzo was one of them. He quickly stopped flooding the boards but that didn't make him more clever :|
Roquetpunch
Podocroc
Tings: 285

Post by Roquetpunch »

I need a signature, but I'm not going to ask jinzo ;)