The Pirate-Community Documentary

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

incognito
Ratcognito
Posts: 15619
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am
Tings: 15073

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by incognito » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Whoever's behind it, it is magnificent. I can't deny it. :mwahaha:

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 23067
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 137870

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Steo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:54 pm

The Jonster wrote:> The Jonster reaches top 10 in 5 months, faster than any other member in RPC history :lol: :lol:
I need to know why you care about this? Like you are obsessed with posting more than any other member and I actually genuinely wonder why (no joke)?
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76977
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 555600

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Hunchman801 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:45 pm

The Jonster wrote:> The Jonster reaches top 10 in 5 months, faster than any other member in RPC history :lol: :lol:
Yeah right that second one's probably not true lol
While I technically beat you by becoming top poster in less than a day and with just one message, I've just realized you have a PPD of 140 which is an impressive level of sustained activity. And so is Steo's 96. I think only Beebop during his return in 2007 might be able to compete.
incognito wrote:>29/08/2018 : A lot of RPC members inexplicably get a toilet rank.
Just to clarify, no one was hacked today. Danone's password was obtained a while ago by hackers from a collection of leaked credential databases, and because he was the leader of an old group called the Teensies Club, it was possible for them to set the group rank to our beloved toilet avatar. To be fair, we had no idea this was even possible, but no harm was done!
Image

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 23067
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 137870

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Steo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:50 am

Hunchman801 wrote:While I technically beat you by becoming top poster in less than a day and with just one message, I've just realized you have a PPD of 140 which is an impressive level of sustained activity. And so is Steo's 96. I think only Beebop during his return in 2007 might be able to compete.
So there Jonster, you'll never beat Hunch's record no matter how much you post, so you can stop trying now. :P

I mean yeah, since I love Rayman and really like this community, I just enjoy it here. I wouldn't care if my PPD read 0, I had like 2 posts and I was on the bottom of that list of top posters, I just like it here. I don't even know where I am on that page or care frankly because that's not the reason I'm on RPC. I did spend about a month or 2 posting random things just because I wanted a higher rank, but I've since realised that was silly and now I just want to contribute and help others on here however I can.

But yeah Jonster, you don't need to go mad overthinking everything and trying to break records that don't exist, just enjoy it here and don't bother trying to get the better of people at everything, especially when they're things like this which don't matter. :lol:

You'll get more attention / acknowledgement by helping people or having genuine conversations with them than having a higher post count than everyone else ;)

As I already said to we're here because Rayman is an amazing game and we like the community, not for some numbers that don't mean anything that you get absolutely nothing out of. :hap:
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

The Jonster
Magicien
Posts: 25186
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: The Bog of Murk
Tings: 71760

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by The Jonster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 am

Steo wrote:
Hunchman801 wrote:While I technically beat you by becoming top poster in less than a day and with just one message, I've just realized you have a PPD of 140 which is an impressive level of sustained activity. And so is Steo's 96. I think only Beebop during his return in 2007 might be able to compete.
So there Jonster, you'll never beat Hunch's record no matter how much you post, so you can stop trying now. :P
Ok I admit I was a bit obsessed when I first started but now that I've been here for a little while now I'm not as invested in posting so much these days. I apologise if it looked like that way, I was just joking around.
Steo wrote: But yeah Jonster, you don't need to go mad overthinking everything and trying to break records that don't exist, just enjoy it here and don't bother trying to get the better of people at everything, especially when they're things like this which don't matter. :lol:

You'll get more attention / acknowledgement by helping people or having genuine conversations with them than having a higher post count than everyone else ;)

As I already said to we're here because Rayman is an amazing game and we like the community, not for some numbers that don't mean anything that you get absolutely nothing out of. :hap:
Yeah I need to keep telling myself that, it's much more fun talking about how amazing Rayman is than spamming the forums anyway. :hap:
I guess I can still be a bit overcompetitive and think things too much. :oops2:
Image
Condition: Blue
Steo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 pm
Frisco, Frisco, watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when he comes for you? :hap:
Rayman 3 (PC) score: FC: 33608 | CF: 88622 | BOM: 58063 | TLOTLD: 107189 | DOTK: 103915 | TLS: 40980 | SBTC: 76805 | HH: 97162| TOTL: 94702| Total: 701046

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 23067
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 137870

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Steo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:37 am

The Jonster wrote:I guess I can still be a bit overcompetitive and think things too much. :oops2:
Nobody's perfect, not even me :P
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37311
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 369965

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Hoodcom » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:
incognito wrote:>29/08/2018 : A lot of RPC members inexplicably get a toilet rank.
Just to clarify, no one was hacked today. Danone's password was obtained a while ago by hackers from a collection of leaked credential databases, and because he was the leader of an old group called the Teensies Club, it was possible for them to set the group rank to our beloved toilet avatar. To be fair, we had no idea this was even possible, but no harm was done!
I have to honestly admit, it was pretty hilarious in the end. :lol:

It almost felt like April Fools again. :P

The Jonster
Magicien
Posts: 25186
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: The Bog of Murk
Tings: 71760

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by The Jonster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:32 am

September 13, 2018
- Serza5 and Ambidextroid leave the team. (Dunno what else to put here)
- Ray502 steps down from being a moderator, but remains as a Raywiki Administrator.
Image
Condition: Blue
Steo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 pm
Frisco, Frisco, watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when he comes for you? :hap:
Rayman 3 (PC) score: FC: 33608 | CF: 88622 | BOM: 58063 | TLOTLD: 107189 | DOTK: 103915 | TLS: 40980 | SBTC: 76805 | HH: 97162| TOTL: 94702| Total: 701046

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 23067
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 137870

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Steo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:10 pm

It would probably be worth mentioning the phpBB update on September 21st also considering there were other updates mentioned.
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76977
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 555600

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Hunchman801 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Definitely! We also moved to a whole new server which is worth mentioning too.
Image

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 23067
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 137870

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Steo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:24 pm

I wasn't aware of the server change. I assume that's why the time is actually right now :P
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 29004
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3325

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by PluMGMK » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Yep! And that's why I went missing for a day, because it took me that long to twig that my manually configured hosts file was still pointing me at the old server!

Harpic fraîcheur
Rayman Origins
Posts: 26043
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Au pays des prouts
Tings: 1226589

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:19 pm

October 3: The Jonster attempts joining the Jlfksjlfl but fails.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
Image Image
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76977
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 555600

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Hunchman801 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:37 am

I'm not sure this information is of much interest.
Image

The Jonster
Magicien
Posts: 25186
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: The Bog of Murk
Tings: 71760

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by The Jonster » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:01 pm

No it's not as important to note my failures. :oops2: :lol:

Maybe this will though. :idea:
Sep 18:
The Jlfksjlfl declare war on MACHINE's server due to specific reasons and several of the Discord's members are either hacked/doxxed, which ultimately causes the Rayman Discord server to shut down. Several RPC members voice their opinions on the situation.
Image
Condition: Blue
Steo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 pm
Frisco, Frisco, watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when he comes for you? :hap:
Rayman 3 (PC) score: FC: 33608 | CF: 88622 | BOM: 58063 | TLOTLD: 107189 | DOTK: 103915 | TLS: 40980 | SBTC: 76805 | HH: 97162| TOTL: 94702| Total: 701046

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76977
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 555600

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Hunchman801 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:15 pm

I wish we had more positive news to report but I guess it's been our daily lot lately.
Image

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 23067
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 137870

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Steo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Well I guess there was the fact that RPC reached it's 5000th member on July 27th, I don't think that was mentioned :P
Glas an dath is fearr liom!
Image
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm
I have never thought Globox and Steo shared the exact traits after all until now.

Aaron
Joe
Posts: 6566
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:55 pm
Location: The valley, guarding the Great Protoon
Tings: 54414

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Aaron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:55 pm

It wasn't and that's something worth mentioning I think :P
Image

Harpic fraîcheur
Rayman Origins
Posts: 26043
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Au pays des prouts
Tings: 1226589

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:I'm not sure this information is of much interest.
As far as I know, attempts to join the Jlfksjlfl have always been recorded in the documentary!
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
Image Image
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76977
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 555600

Re: The Pirate-Community Documentary

Post by Hunchman801 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 pm
As far as I know, attempts to join the Jlfksjlfl have always been recorded in the documentary!
I'm pretty sure it's only when people actually joined, isn't it?
Image

Post Reply