Fourteenth edition of the posts in a day record

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Fourteenth edition of the posts in a day record

Post by Hunchman801 »

Welcome to the fourteenth edition of the posts in a day record! Here is a short description for those of you who joined recently:
Hunchman801 wrote:Each year since 2006, we organise a posts in a day record at PC. The whole thing is quite simple: it consists in posting the most possible messages in a predetermined time span of 24 hours. The goal is not only to break a new record every year or bring more activity to the forums, but also to shuffle our topics in order to bring new discussions for the following year.

This is not a spam contest, and useless messages are obviously not welcome. However, the special conditions during the record day will be the cause of a certain leniency, especially as concerns old topics, which can be bumped freely.
The current record stands at an insane 32252 posts. Can we do better this year? That's up to you!

The rewards rise to the occasion: each post is worth 15 Tings within the given time span, and then come the bonus Tings: 1500 for participating, 1500 for beating one's previous posts in a day record, and 3000 Tings for the winner. For example, a couple years ago someone earned the incredible amount of 84690 Tings that day.

As for the date, since there aren't so many of us at the moment, I was thinking it might be easier for everyone to say when they are not available, and then maybe we can find a date that suits all. :)
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Re: Fourteenth edition of the posts in a day record

Post by Aaron »

Wow, the fourteenth edition of RD already? Time flies! :o

Anyway, the days I can't make it on are June 24-29 and August 11-17 but I can make it on June 15th from then onwards until we go on the trip on the period of the 24th to the 29th and then on July I'll be available and free the most if there aren't gonna be events or something or things we will do since it's the summer and all and you gotta make the most of your summer break as well since that's when you are free for the most amount of time but since RD is fun and all, I'm gonna try to be the most active and as I said, I wanna make the most of it unlike last year when I was only active for a bit before it ended. I definitely want to avoid that this year because it is a really fun event. :)
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Since ALL of my exams are all done. I SHOULD have loads of time on my hands, even for an all-nighter.

June 24-29 sounds good. But if there are objections to that and a later time is suggested then it doesn't really matter for me. I should have lots of time either way. As long as it is before the start of September. :winkgrin:

I eagerly await the upcoming event of another Record Day. I should have no problems since I try to make myself active on this forum the most at this time now. Discord is no longer a concern of mine anymore.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, as I already said privately, 22 and 29 June are most likely out for me.
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

R4Y_ANC3L wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:02 pm Since ALL of my exams are all done. I SHOULD have loads of time on my hands, even for an all-nighter.

June 24-29 sounds good. But if there are objections to that and a later time is suggested then it doesn't really matter for me. I should have lots of time either way. As long as it is before the start of September. :winkgrin:

I eagerly await the upcoming event of another Record Day. I should have no problems since I try to make myself active on this forum the most at this time now. Discord is no longer a concern of mine anymore.
As I said before though, I really want to make most of RD if not all unlike last year and it would absolutely suck if I could only drop in to RD for the last few minutes.
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

Unfortunatly I will not be available at all from the 25th of June to the 28th of August. :(
I wish you good luck for beating last year’s record though. :D
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I'd like to think last year's "record" won't be too tough, but then again we have no guarantees…
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Not sure if I'll be up for another all nighter, especially since I haven't really been well lately. I'll be sure to show up though.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I’m probably not going to come to RD this year, much less pull an all nighter (which is impossible now considering my condition).

Sorry, but I have to think more about my current situation tbh. But I might be able to make some time if it's on the weekend though.
Last edited by The Jonster on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Lysol
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lysol »

Count me in!
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Post by TFDS »

Ey, count me in. I will have a hard time being here in June, but afterwards, I should be able to drop anytime.
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Post by #Rubber mark# »

I should be available too.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

How about August 24?
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

Perfect for me.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

There might be a little problem. Remember when I said that I would be available for a long time? It turns out that my little tooth extraction appointments are getting in the way.

My next and final appointment is the 21st in August and getting this thing done is a living hell since I have been through that recently. It WILL take me a week or two OR EVEN MORE for me to recover from the tooth extractions.

I really doubt I would make it at all on the 24th or even Record Day considering that my mouth is going to give me trouble after the surgery is done. :(

Life.... :tssk:

But I will TRY to make an effort to show up but I am afraid that the discomfort really kills me and that CAN prevent me from coming.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Not sure if I'll be able for an all nighter but I'll definitely be here for it.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I’ll try and make it too. No all nighters for me though, especially considering the date is near the end of my 3-month training.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

I can confirm 100% now that I'll be able to make it. And this time, unlike last year, I'll be able to make it from start to the majority of it or for as long as I can before I get tired and not just drop in for near the end.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I think I'll be able to make it. Sound like a good time for me to take some holidays. :chinois:
Lysol
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lysol »

I will not be available. 😞