What are people's musical tastes here?

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2675

Re: What are people's musical tastes here?

Post by Snagglebee » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Kraftwerk? I knew that term only as 'Power Plant' till now xD.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 am

It is the name of a famous German electronic pop group, that I have a real respect and admiration too. I love their discography, and I went to see a concert of them live in 2004, when they went to play in Lisbon. It was unforgettable. :D I saved the tickets along with the live concert DVD released some months later under the name of Minimum-Maximum.

Some examples of their discography:

Some examples of their live concert clips:

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 am

I already got that they're German. (Obviously enough from name). But that they're famous in Germany? I kinda doubt that. Never heard of them till your post.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am

I edited my post. They are very known among the fans of electronic music since they are considered to be one of the pioneers of the genre.

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 am

All Youtube links are banned in Germany >_>

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am

Ah that's a shame. :o

I guess it is obvious too...

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am

emshomar wrote:All Youtube links are banned in Germany >_>
Let me help you with that friend.
First you need to copy URL of the video, go to website http://hidemyass.com/ and paste URL. Click on button Hide My Ass and you will go on website. Video will load. I used that many times to watched banned videos.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am

Thank you very much my friend :D

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:00 pm

No problem, glad I could help.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Tobbe
Bad Rayman
Tings: 288676

Post by Tobbe » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Why is that?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resumé:
Moderator 2009-2013
Super Moderator 2013

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Because Karaftwerk is German band and YouTube does not want to allow people to listen to their music free. They want to force Germans to buy their music.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Actually it's GEMA who blocks those videos. I used to call them as 'Grundlose Erfindung Menschlischer Arschlöcher' which means in English 'Useless Invention of Assholes'

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:36 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote:
Let me help you with that friend.
First you need to copy URL of the video, go to website http://hidemyass.com/ and paste URL. Click on button Hide My Ass and you will go on website. Video will load. I used that many times to watched banned videos.
Got to compliment the website's name.

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 pm

I heard in some of Kraftwerk's tracks and the most I enjoyed was Radioactivity :lol:

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 am

It was pretty good I admit. I am gonna listen to more of their songs.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 am

It is hard to recommend just one album because I pretty much love everything they created, but I think that Autobahn and Trans-Europe Express are good trials.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 pm

I am listening to Autobahn right now and It is really good. Thanks for recommandation Haruka.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini

Post by Snagglebee » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:07 pm

You guys know what actually a 'Autobahn', don't you? If not so the American Term is highway and the British motorway. People here telling Hotler invented the so called Autobahn xD

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Me, I really enjoy alternative rock and thrash metal. To start off, my favourite thrash metal band is Acid Drinkers- whom my parents and I are friends with which is pretty fucking amazing :mrgreen: they're a Polish band. In fact, I have an old photo of me with their drummer, Mangood (in Polish he's actually called Ślimak, which means snail).

Recently I've started listening to a shitload of Muse. I especially love Dominic Howard, their drummer. One of the more minor things I like about him is that he's left-handed. However, while I am a lefty also, I drum right-handed, and I dislike playing open-handed... so I'm pretty much a right-handed drummer.

Chris Wolfenstein or whatever the fuck his surname is (actually Wolstenholme I think), well what can I say, I honestly don't know what to think of him. He's a most excellent bass player and I like his vocals, but I just kinda don't like him as much as Dom, or...

Matt Bellamy, who is a brilliant guitarist and his vocal range is beyond amazing. I dare to say these three are musical geniuses. My favourite song of all-time is currently Muscle Museum from their debut album, Showbiz. In fact, Showbiz and Demon Days (by Gorillaz) are possibly the only two albums on which I like each and every song.

In fact, the only flaw about Muse I can find is this:

My other favourite band is definitely Gorillaz. While I kinda dislike calling them a band, seeing as they're moreso a project created by Damon Albarn of Blur fame and Jamie Hewlett (some of my favourite artists in their respective genres, actually!). I could write an essay on each of their main albums (Gorillaz; Demon Days; Plastic Beach) and perhaps also The Fall. However my favourite of the bunch is Demon Days, which has a really dark tone and catchy songs like Feel Good Inc. (which was one of their most popular and well-received singles) or DARE (featuring Shaun Rhyder). Their first album had a few brilliant tracks as well, but I can't say it's my favourite - it was a bit too hippity hoppity for my tastes, and the intro track (Re-Hash) is a perfect example of the album's tone. However, Sound Check (Gravity), 5/4, Clint Eastwood (probably their best single, and if not best, then at least most popular), M1A1 and a few others. Plastic Beach, their most recent album, is quite a bit more electronic, and I guess I like it, but not as much as the others. It has some really good tracks like Broken, Plastic Beach (the title track featuring Paul Simonon and Mick Jones of the Clash), To Binge (featuring Little Dragon), Stylo (featuring Bobby Womack and Mos Def I think), and of course one of my favourite songs of all-time (although beaten by Muscle Museum), Rhinestone Eyes. Words cannot describe how much I love that track, and the live versions are even better.

Speaking of the live performances of Gorillaz, I must say I love the line-up, which we could maybe call the actual Gorillaz band. Damon Albarn is always fantastic on his performances, I like how he improvises the lyrics sometimes, most noticeably on Rhinestone Eyes or Kids with Guns, hell even Feel Good Inc. I really like how the band is pretty massive, almost like a whole extended family. It has a string section (which I love, especially how Damon decided to give the string section a part in Clint Eastwood and Rhinestone Eyes, plus they're epic in Last Living Souls and Dirty Harry), two drummers (one of which is Cass Browne - one of my inspirators if that's a word; the other one is a black person who loves to rock out while playing Glitter Freeze, lol), two guitarists (a young guy who mostly plays acoustic guitar, I can't remember his name, and also Mick Jones) and, I believe, two bassists also (one of them of course being Paul Simonon). I love the chemistry the main three (Damon, Paul and Mick) share while on stage together - they even mildly resemble 2-D, Murdoc and Noodle from the animated band! Maybe not Mick, but definitely Damon and Paul.

I love what Damon prepares for the concerts - he always makes sure to bring in subtle changes that make the songs even better, a good example being the acoustic/electronic drum mixture in Rhinestone Eyes or the electric guitar in O Green World, fuck even the string section in Clint Eastwood I've mentioned before. Jamie prepares the visuals etc. and he does an excellent job at that.

Damon is a really swell guy, but he can't play xylophone for shit.

GNineify
Space Mama
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't care about genres. If it sounds good to me then I'll listen to it.
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!