Why did you pick your username?

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
TommyOliverMorgan
Lums
Tings: 40

Re: Why did you pick your username?

Post by TommyOliverMorgan »

I decided on my name because of Power Rangers being a series I grew up with. I wanted to strive to be a great person so I decided Tommy Oliver Morgan will be the real name that I'll one day change it to provided I'm worthy. At least if I'm being honest my current real name ATM is filled with shame all over.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

RaymanNotAdvanced wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 pm I came up with my username by playing Rayman Advance one day. I was kinda bored so I just tried to think of a thing while playing. I thought of Rayman Not Advanced and thought it was funny. Reason? Rayman Advanced, wasn't really the advanced or better version of the game. It seemed to be the worst. As much as this is a boring story, I really liked the phrase. I one time accidentally called it Rayman Not Advanced. When I found the forums, I decided to call my username RaymanNotAdvanced.
Truthfully, I think many people would agree with you that Rayman Advance is the worst Rayman 1 port. Though at this point I've played the better ports of Rayman 1, the first Rayman game I ever played was Rayman Advance, ironically. :mrgreen:
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Shared
Sulfator
Tings: 5000

Post by Shared »

I select this name because making connections is easy by remember.
I love Hellen💗
Is better Rayman adventures character.
Ubisoft Is King🏆

Les intellectuels des Lumières étaient les plus intelligents du monde

мојата нација е Земја;За ова ги мразам оние кои живеат таму
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

zelen vaguely comes from russian for green (zyelyonyi/зелёный), but isnt pronounced the same way lmao. its something more like helen with a z i feel?
aand pixel comes from me dabbling in pixel art sometimes (i dont do it much lately) and it just sounds nice. though ive been dropping that part in places lately and just going for zelen instead
Dear Mario,

Where am i
Dancaa
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2345

Post by Dancaa »

Dancaa is just an intentionally misspelled version of the word Dancer. Simply because I love rock and roll and dancing around at concerts is one of the best experiences you can have in my opinion.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

So it's a soft C then? Maybe a cedilla would have been a worthy addition. :winkgrin:
Dancaa
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2345

Post by Dancaa »

Perhaps. I didn’t think much of it, and most people I know read it as a soft C.
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Post by Henchman1000 »

How I got my username?
I thought of a dream where I was Henchman 1000, so that's it.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I was about to suggest you have a look at the dreams topic, but I can see you've already found it!
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Post by Henchman1000 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:11 pm I was about to suggest you have a look at the dreams topic, but I can see you've already found it!
Aye! Truly interesting thread, I felt the need to contribute there. ;D
ScalieDan
Feuillu
Tings: 1651

Post by ScalieDan »

My username is simply a result from me being a Dan and a Scalie.
I was told of unintentional references to like steely Dan which idk about.

🦎 c:
S&Watch (RaymanFan)
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

Post by S&Watch (RaymanFan) »

I got my Original username from being a Smash Ultimate Fan and I've stuck with the name on all social media platforms ever since. The only exception is my Discord username.

I got my RPC username from being lazy on trying to make an original name next to my Other name. So i just choose "RaymanFan"
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

ScalieDan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:22 pm My username is simply a result from me being a Dan and a Scalie.
I was told of unintentional references to like steely Dan which idk about.

🦎 c:
The reference would be kind of ironic actually. I remember a Steely Dan song called Do It Again that I used to play in Guitar Hero World Tour years ago. I never would have even thought of the reference though, Dan in itself is fairly common. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

I think I wasn't clear on why I specifically chose my name, but here it is: I recall seeing two or three veteran RPC members who have the names of their OCs back in the day. And my name (on RPC at least) stuck. It's short and simple. And, ever since I started shitposting my alias garnered some positive attention.

Probably not very original, but it still was my choice, and I have yet no desire to change my username into something edgy and controversial as 'Toxica'.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Sharaya
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Sharaya »

I used to have another username, more than 10 years ago, that was Rayana. It was clearly inspired from Rayman, mixed to my birth name that is Arianna.
After some time, I felt like that name didn't fit me anymore, so I came up with Sharaya, that contains the same vibes from Rayana, plus a phonetic musicality inspired from some names that come from the Myst saga.

The result is: I'm a big nerd.
Image Sharaya__
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Welcome to RPC Sharaya! My username is basically just short for my name, but I like this name.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Welcome to PC, Sharaya!
Sevy
Pti-lote
Tings: 2810

Post by Sevy »

My username SEVY is basically my nickname I've managed to call myself. Its my initials slammed together except for the Y. But as Ive grown to love calling myself that on the internet instead of my real name (Susannah) and Ive been known as Sevy for a long while, it kinda stuck ^^
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Oh, interesting backstory, I like it! :o

As for my username on RPC, you can clearly see that there's no interesting story behind it as it's my first name, but I'm "A man called Ray" almost everywhere else, and on YouTube too. It actually originates from this commercial for the N64 version of Rayman 2 and I was like "huh, I could use "A man called Ray" as a username" :lol:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Welcome, Sharaya! And I never realized that your alternate username was a reference to that commercial, Aaron, though now it sounds pretty obvious.
Sevy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:23 pm My username SEVY is basically my nickname I've managed to call myself. Its my initials slammed together except for the Y. But as Ive grown to love calling myself that on the internet instead of my real name (Susannah) and Ive been known as Sevy for a long while, it kinda stuck ^^
Yeah, I noticed that you're even signing your drawings that, now!