Pirate Community Steam Group

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64530

Re: Pirate Community Steam Group

Post by Shrooblord » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Also the Steam sales raises awareness and popularity for the games, because tons of people purchase them cheap, and then tons more see those first playing the game, get interested and also purchase it. More public awareness for your game is good rep for the devs.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9620

Post by OCG » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:37 pm

MrBadGuy wrote:The reason they don't have sales like steam does, is that it's a lot harder to pirate games on console than it is on PC. Steam combats piracy with extremely good deals, while Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo don't have to. I'm fine with it, the more money the devs/publishers/console manufacturers make, the better the future of gaming will be.
Actually, more money would be made if console games were cheaper since more people could afford them. And hacking consoles was maybe harder in early 2000's where you would have to open consoles and install modchip but thats no longer the case and everyone is softmodding.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:37 pm

I think most people who can afford consoles, can afford the games at their current price. The big companies probably do a lot of research into how to make the most money, I doubt they wouldn't utilise that information. Plus 40 quid for 12 hours of entertainment (for example) is a bargain in my book. And demos still exist for people who really have no money yet still own a console somehow.
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 555170

Post by Hunchman801 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:36 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote:Actually, more money would be made if console games were cheaper since more people could afford them.
This:
MrBadGuy wrote:The big companies probably do a lot of research into how to make the most money, I doubt they wouldn't utilise that information.
For each market there's a price that maximises profit, and it's not in the long tail.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:40 pm

If I sent any message on Steam that has something weird and it does not sound like something I would say, do NOT do anything.
Some person was on my friend list who I never added and he sent me today two messages saying:
"Sent"
"Its hacked"

I blocked him and changed password.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Shrooblord wrote:(...) and then tons more see those first playing the game, get interested and also purchase it. More public awareness for your game is good rep for the devs.
Which is why I don't get some YouTube restrictions that some companies do when people upload gameplays like I already heard about once. Are they despising free publicity?

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Haruka wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:(...) and then tons more see those first playing the game, get interested and also purchase it. More public awareness for your game is good rep for the devs.
Which is why I don't get some YouTube restrictions that some companies do when people upload gameplays like I already heard about once. Are they despising free publicity?
Some people don't know how internet works sadly. Everyone who thinks normally is more than honored when someone records their game on YouTube and promotes it.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:27 am

Yeah I agree, I often buy games that look like fun after watching let's plays. That being said, I think there's a growing number of people who watch other people playing games online, rather than buying and playing them themselves. That's why I understand that some publishers want to block some of that content.

But as far as I go, and I can only speak for myself, watching let's plays only increases my likelihood to buy more games.
In fact I almost entirely stopped playing games for about 2 years until I stumbled across a series of Minecraft Let's Plays that led to my buying the game, then watching more videos, then buying more games, and here I am 2 years later, buying more games than ever, but I don't know that that's the norm.
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:58 pm

MrBadGuy wrote:Yeah I agree, I often buy games that look like fun after watching let's plays. That being said, I think there's a growing number of people who watch other people playing games online, rather than buying and playing them themselves. That's why I understand that some publishers want to block some of that content.
But still, I think that playing a game and watching other person to play are completely different experiences.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:08 pm

I don't think that is the case MrBadGuy. Okay maybe it is but for bad games only. Everyone always says a LP helped him to decide if he wants game or not, meaning that if game is good he will want it. Valve did say that they will never attempt to block videos with their games which is why Valve is awesome. Ubisoft also does not block.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:45 am

Sure everyone says that on sites like this, where most people are dedicated gamers, but there's a whole other demographic out there that would get all they need out of just watching a game rather than taking the extra time to play it themselves, and as someone with an increasing amount of work to do, I can definitely understand this, and there have been games that I've decided not to buy since I could just watch a let's play instead, not to say that they're bad games, but it's just sometimes easier.

But like I said, I agree and I think that overall it is free marketing for games, and it probably does increase sales, but I certainly understand companies not wanting cutscenes uploaded for example. Otherwise you're giving the story away for free and I think that's perfectly reasonable to wish to avoid.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:21 am

Well, to ve fair, main reason why SSB4 is less story driven than Brawl is because Sakurai hated cutscene leaks.
Last edited by OCG on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Haruka wrote:But still, I think that playing a game and watching other person to play are completely different experiences.
Agreed whole-heartedly. I watch the YogsCast sometimes for their humour and interaction with each other while playing Minecraft. When I play Minecraft myself, I build houses, caves and worlds (and program droids). I watch your videos for Rayman-related reference material in-game, but when I go in-game myself, I rarely go to shoot pics, but to play.
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:04 am

Thanks to the Steam sale, I now have 17 games now in my library. It's not much, but hey, I'm barely starting.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty to appear in STEAM.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:51 pm

I am waiting same thing but I don't see it happening before summer for some reason. It is still TBA status so it can be anytime in 2015

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Can't say the same, I was pretty much broken during Xmas :D
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 pm

*broke saer ;)

I owe most of my library to Humble Indie Bundles and Steam Sales myself.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:20 pm

I owe most of my steam library to stupidity

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:10 am

Shrooblord wrote:*broke saer ;)
I won't be broken anymore in a few days :P
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.