Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Re: 850 Gigabytes of Bad Clusters?!

Post by saerleiya » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 am

Decidetto wrote:Ah. Okay :)
I did not even know of [sic] before today.
Don't worry many people know it but are not used to put it into their sentences.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

Decidetto
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 12315

Post by Decidetto » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm

It took a really long time, but I finally got my new laptop! They intended to suggest a new laptop to me, but in the end, they told me that I could just choose a new one :P
While the processor is .2 GHz faster than my previous one, the graphics card in this one is only a GT650M instead of a GTX660M. Ah well. :)
Also, it has Windows 8, which I absolutely adore for its startup and shutdown times.

I've had this one for two weeks now, and luckily no signs of failing hard drives yet ;)
Computers, computers. So calculative, yet so incalculable.

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64530

Post by Shrooblord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 am

Good for you!
So how is Windows 8 working out for you? I remember coming over to a friend's house, who had downloaded a test version (the one identical to the release) and we were just constantly joking about how absurd it was and how hard it must be for people who are new to computers to understand. Everything about it is counter-intuitive, in my opinion - but what is yours?
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Decidetto
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 12315

Post by Decidetto » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 am

I think everything is very, very user-friendly, actually.
At first, I thought the separation into Metro and the standard Desktop was ridiculous, just like having to move your mouse all the way to a corner in order to do certain things. However, after getting used to it (which took only two days), I can work waay faster than before, using those corner commands. As for Metro, I don't really mind it, but I think it is really weird how Metro Apps and Desktop programs are treated as two completely dfferent things. For example, because the Desktop is actually a Metro "App", using the corner command for switching between windows, you can choose all your current Metro Apps separately, but can only choose your Desktop as a whole, no matter hom many Desktop programs you're running.
But I really like how it warns you several days ahead of when it has to restart because of updates. The level of customization you get for the Metro menu is also great: just being able to slide those squares around and change background patterns and colours is very satisfying!
So in short, I really do like it!
Computers, computers. So calculative, yet so incalculable.