Rayman Raving Rabbids

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102730

Re: Rayman Raving Rabbids

Post by PluMGMK »

So I take it you no longer want to kill Loïc Gounon, Saber?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Could anyone who has the PS2 version please tell me which case it uses? I noticed that my copy isn't in a PS2 case and I'd like to change ti one, but I'd like to know to which one. Like, does it have a memory card holder or not etc.?
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

PluMGMK wrote:So I take it you no longer want to kill Loïc Gounon, Saber?
Holy shit, I forgot that was my "location" for like years. How violent of me. :hinhin:
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I remember back when the Rabbid hate was at its peak, there was a video discussing the Rabbids creation, noting how they were created by Michel.

I then saw someone had left a comment blaming "Michelle Ancel," which I found kinda amusing.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Michelle Ancel :lol:.
Carrot-master wrote:Could anyone who has the PS2 version please tell me which case it uses? I noticed that my copy isn't in a PS2 case and I'd like to change ti one, but I'd like to know to which one. Like, does it have a memory card holder or not etc.?
Here's mine.

ICUP321
Bébé Globox
Tings: 625

Post by ICUP321 »

Could anyone who has the PS2 version please tell me which case it uses? I noticed that my copy isn't in a PS2 case and I'd like to change ti one, but I'd like to know to which one. Like, does it have a memory card holder or not etc.?
My copy does have a memory card holder.

RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Thanks for the pictures :D It seems like the PAL version has the standard case while the NTSC version has a memory card holder case. That's a bit annoying though as I've easier to find the memory card holder ones to replace with, but oh well, thanks a lot anyway!
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Carrot-master wrote:Thanks for the pictures :D It seems like the PAL version has the standard case while the NTSC version has a memory card holder case. That's a bit annoying though as I've easier to find the memory card holder ones to replace with, but oh well, thanks a lot anyway!
My (PAL, UK) PS2 copy is in a blue case (like Haruka's but slightly darker) but with a memory card holder like ICUP321's.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78350

Post by Fifo »

Carrot-master wrote:Could anyone who has the PS2 version please tell me which case it uses? I noticed that my copy isn't in a PS2 case and I'd like to change ti one, but I'd like to know to which one. Like, does it have a memory card holder or not etc.?
This is how mine looks like:
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Oh, well, I guess there's a bunch of different cases the PAL version was shipped in. Thanks everyone for all the pictures and info!
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Today appears to mark the 10th anniversary of the Nintendo Wii and the Wii version of RRR so my partner and I have begun a let's play series starting with this episode. Enjoy.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

How time flies!
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

My PAL copy actually has a memory card holder:
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
The Amazing Rayman
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by The Amazing Rayman »

Anybody else hear the rumor that Nintendo and Ubisoft are making a Mario/Rabbids crossover RPG?
I don't really think it will happen, but it's an interesting topic nonetheless.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Sergio beat you to the punch: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25102

From what's been said, it's looking somewhat plausible at present.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I just made this really odd discovery about the PC version of RRR. In the game you have the option to set it to either 4/3 or 16/9 in terms of aspect ratio. I always believed the 16/9 was true widescreen since the game has that option, but it turns out it simply stretches the game (at least for me). I then went into the registry settings for the game and played around a bit with the aspect ratio value, which got me some rather odd results:

0 - Having this value doesn't show any text at all for the aspect ratio in the in-game settings and oddly enough shows the game in true widescreen (16/9 without stretching it). The view area is however smaller, since the game basically crops the top and bottom of the screen. The text placement is also a bit messed up on certain screens.
1 - Titled "4/3 Black bands". Shows the game in 4/3 with black borders on top and bottom and stretched across the screen.
2 - 4/3
3 - 16/9 (stretched)
4 - Titled "Locked". Same as 0.
5 - Titled "Deactivated". Same as 0
6 - Titled "Old movie" (reference to the Rayman M cheat?). Same as 0. I checked the game and it runs the same, so no "old movie" effect or anything.
7 - Titled "High contrast". Same as 0.
8+ - No title, same as 0.

Anyway, is the simple 16/9 option stretched for everyone else, or is it just me? I took comparison screenshots of 4/3 and 16/9 which made it clear it was simply stretched. Having the value set to 0 isn't ideal either since it crops the game. I'm also not sure what the other titles are meant for (old movie, high contrast etc,). Maybe the text isn't at al related to the aspect ratio setting, and that it grabbed the text from somewhere else when the value exceeded 3.

Edit: Okay, after a bit searching it seems to be known that 16/9 stretches it: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rayman_Rav ... resolution
So... well, that was... a disappointment. I really thought the game ran in true widescreen, and the cropped mode isn't a good solution.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Has anyone seen that a new mobile Rabbids game has just suddenly been released called Rabbids Crazy Rush? Don't get too excited, it's only a Temple Run type clone and lol it uses bits of the original RRR soundtrack.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Yeah, I gave it a go and got bored rather quickly. Rabbids Big Bang was a way better mobile game in my opinion.
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

Bump.

I don’t know if somebody already see that but in the RRR prototype images, most of rabbids seen in the screenshots are a 2D images instead of a 3D model.

(Look in the background)

I wonder if the 2D rabbids are a placeholder or they were just used out of the maps when RRR was still a adventure game ?
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61820

Post by Droolie »

2D images in the background are a common technique games (especially older ones) use to create the illusion of crowds. It's easier to render a few hundred planes with a single texture than a single 3D model, and if they're in the background people will notice less.

The final version of RRR also does this for the spectator rabbids in the colosseum, for example.