Is an english version of L'Histoire de Rayman ever comingout

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rayinator
Lums Jaune
Tings: 155

Is an english version of L'Histoire de Rayman ever comingout

Post by Rayinator »

Anyone know?
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Re: Is an english version of L'Histoire de Rayman ever comingout

Post by Bradandez »

I unno
Eshap
Barbara
Tings: 10182

Post by Eshap »

Motormike wrote:@ocg : I have absolutely no idea. Don't know if it will happen at all... :( (Maybe I'll know more after E3 Ubi conference.)
^ From the author himself. Whilst this was from a while back, I imagine if he ever got news that an English release was in development, he'd make a post about it on the L'Historie de Rayman thread.
Rayfist wrote:It's r34 artwork. Haha Jesus christ Eshap.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

My mind is fuzzy here, wasn't someone working on a translation but that immediately got canned?
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Yeah, someone was translating but they had to be stopped due to legal reasons.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Sharing an English translation in public is considered illegal so either people must buy the French version and read by themselves or waiting for an (possible) English version. I would be interested in the English release of course because although I had French classes before I needed some help from a native for a full understanding.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Eshap wrote:
Motormike wrote:@ocg : I have absolutely no idea. Don't know if it will happen at all... :( (Maybe I'll know more after E3 Ubi conference.)
^ From the author himself. Whilst this was from a while back, I imagine if he ever got news that an English release was in development, he'd make a post about it on the L'Historie de Rayman thread.
Well, E3 is over and Mike has no updates. I think it is safe to say that official translation will never happen.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Well, negociations aren't something that can be done from a day to other either. No need to jump to conclusions yet.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

So far, no evidence points out that English translation is planned at all. Pix'N Love never released any book in English. For example The History of Sonic the Hedgehog English translation was done by Udon Entertainment. Unless someome gains rights from Pix'N Love to legally translate The History of Rayman, we will never have official English version. Sadly, Rayman is far less profitable than Sonic.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

As the author pointed once, the best way of making this happen is to contact the editor about it. Can't be worse than doing nothing anyway.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

Hunchman801 wrote:As the author pointed once, the best way of making this happen is to contact the editor about it. Can't be worse than doing nothing anyway.
Could someone who has read the book and knows french make summaries of each chapter on RayWiki? That is the second best thing to actually reading the book in english and it isn´t illegal to write summaries of chapters online. May be even post a few screenshots of the book?

Link to page on RayWiki: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/L%27Histoire_de_Rayman
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I wrote some essential informations in this topic but if that doesn't work then it must be a French-native or a fluent French speaker to do the work.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

Haruka wrote:I wrote some essential informations in this topic but if that doesn't work then it must be a French-native or a fluent French speaker to do the work.
That is great, but those appear to be headlines rather than summaries of the chapters in a paragraph. Sorry should have clarified that the summaries should be in the form of paragraphs. Is there anyone that is currently active on the forum who is both fluent in french and has a copy of the book that can at least write down a few key words about each chapter? Based on those keywords a fluent english speaker can make a summary of the chapters, if the french speaker in unable to that is.