Rayman Raving Rabbids

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Gordswitch
Ugly
Tings: 715

Re: Rayman Raving Rabbids

Post by Gordswitch »

So weird seeing a thread here from 2005.

In regards to the Rabbids games, I feel the original is the only one that actually still kind of feels like a Rayman game, albeit as a smaller spin off title rather than a main line entry. Probably because its the only one that seems to focus primarily on Rayman himself.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

The GBA one, right? It's still the only one I played.

But yeah most of the other games seem to just focus on the Rabbids themselves.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

i see an opportunity to vaguely plug my idea i wont stop thinking about of a mario + rabbids sequel where rayman has a major role as well and its like a crossover between those three series!
Dear Mario,

Where am i
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

That would be really neat ngl. A crossover between Rayman and Mario would be something special to me and I'm sure to you too. :D
Gordswitch
Ugly
Tings: 715

Post by Gordswitch »

The Jonster wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:30 pm The GBA one, right?
Actually I was talking about the console version
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Oh. The console version of Rayman Raving Rabbids most definitely feels like a spin-off Rayman game to me. The original is probably the only one that even has any sort of focus on Rayman. As far as I know the other(s) focus mainly on Rabbids themselves.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Gordswitch wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 pm So weird seeing a thread here from 2005.
You'll even find some from 2003!

As for RRR, they dropped Rayman from the name after TV Party, but it's true that only the first one seems slightly linked to the main series. Not that much, though.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

TV Party has a few nice references though, like the Hoodblaster scarecrow in Rayman's garden. The premise is nonsensical though – Rayman should be well able to get rid of those Rabbids, not let them torment him in his telly!
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

i think its also hilarious that he just has a normal regular people house in the middle of nowhere. with a normal regular people tv and a goldfish
which also confirms that rayman does not know how to take care of fish cause it should NOT be in this itsy bitsy bowl
Dear Mario,

Where am i
MortisDoors
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by MortisDoors »

Even though the rabbids always acted moronic it's a shame that they were REALLY dumbed down later on. I miss the ridiculous edginess they had. Now they're just ridiculous and nothing more.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I found some odd unused artwork in the RRR GBA rom which appears to be using a level from R3 as the background:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well that's funny! Any idea what it could have been used for?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

No clue. They weren't very efficient with this game when it comes to unused content. There are a ton of leftovers from their older games, everything from full localization tables to loading screens etc. No wonder they had to use 16mb cart for this :fou2:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Are those older games using a similar engine? I'm asking because I thought the artwork might have been from R3 GBA but then again it's a completely different engine.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I had no idea that the Berenstein Bears had a racing game.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I didn't even know what those were until I googled them just now. :P
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:16 pm Are those older games using a similar engine? I'm asking because I thought the artwork might have been from R3 GBA but then again it's a completely different engine.
Seems like they might. I downloaded the rom for the Ford racing game and the data seems structured in the same way.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Then probably not an R3 GBA leftover. The mystery is complete. :P
MIITRINMan
Œil Rebondissant
Tings: 30

Post by MIITRINMan »

I've been looking into extracting the data from the .bin files of Rayman Raving Rabbids .bf file to no avail. Not sure if anyone else has done it though. I have seen a thread years back by Droolie where he linked to unused ambient sounds that are thought to be linked to the prototype, but the disappointing thing is the website he was hosting those sound files on is now completely gone, so does anyone have an archive of those sounds? I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere. And I guess while I'm at it, anyone else know how to extract or examine .bin files?
Nve
Chasseur
Tings: 1954

Post by Nve »

RayCarrot wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:04 pm Image
I am convinced that I have seen those artworks before, when I was searching for some Rayman stuff on the internet. I decided no to save them because they looked too much suspicious to be true. Search engines provide no old results for those files and I can't remember where I first spotted them, so it might as well be a false memory. Nevertheless, I take a note in case it turns out to be true.

Btw, thanks for posting such things RayCarrot, your work is impressive.
MIITRINMan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:16 am I've been looking into extracting the data from the .bin files of Rayman Raving Rabbids .bf file to no avail. Not sure if anyone else has done it though. I have seen a thread years back by Droolie where he linked to unused ambient sounds that are thought to be linked to the prototype, but the disappointing thing is the website he was hosting those sound files on is now completely gone, so does anyone have an archive of those sounds? I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere. And I guess while I'm at it, anyone else know how to extract or examine .bin files?
There has been some work done for sure, but from what I can see RRR beta info seems to be shredded. RayTunes has prototype music tracks hosted. Dunno if they are related to these "ambient" sound files. I think I would be good to ask Droolie or wait for the response of someone more familiar with the subject.