Rayman 1

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Jaguar
8
5%
PC
38
25%
PlayStation
84
55%
Saturn
13
8%
Game Boy Colour
0
No votes
Game Boy Advance
4
3%
DSi
6
4%
 
Total votes: 153

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 27070
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 63710

Re: Rayman 1

Post by The Jonster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 am

Ray502 wrote:
steocullen91 wrote:I got to Eat At Joe's last night and that really brings back childhood memories. Just seeing Joe and hearing that reggae music brought me back to being 9 again. The nostalgia :P
At least you got that far at 9. I was still frustrated by the trumpets in Allegro Presto.
The second phase in particular was not fun. But that’s only bc I kept missing the last ledge leading out of that pit. Not even the two trumpets at the end fooled me.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:24 am

Ray502 wrote:At least you got that far at 9. I was still frustrated by the trumpets in Allegro Presto.
Oh those damn things got me a few weeks back when you were asking does anyone else's PS3 versions have the skipping music tracks. I started playing it to test it for you and got stuck at that part for about 10 minutes :lol:

I don't actually know if I ever got past the final boss but I did get to Mr. Skops before. After beating Skops last night again nothing happened and I've yet to try figure out what's next so I doubt I knew what to do at 9.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 27070
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 63710

Re: Rayman 1

Post by The Jonster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:27 am

steocullen91 wrote:
Ray502 wrote:At least you got that far at 9. I was still frustrated by the trumpets in Allegro Presto.
Oh those damn things got me a few weeks back when you were asking does anyone else's PS3 versions have the skipping music tracks. I started playing it to test it for you and got stuck at that part for about 10 minutes :lol:

I don't actually know if I ever got past the final boss but I did get to Mr. Skops before. After beating Skops last night again nothing happened and I've yet to try figure out what's next so I doubt I knew what to do at 9.
Well I don’t want it to spoil it for you so all I can say for you is “cages and pink smiling circles” :wink:
I hope that hint isn’t too revealing... :oops2:
Last edited by The Jonster on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:28 am

The Jonster wrote:Well I don’t want it to spoil it for you so all I can say for you is “cages and pink smiling circles” :wink:
I figured that and the funny thing is I remember doing that as a kid (freeing the electoons) so maybe I did get to Mr. Dark. I'll know if I done it before when I see the level ;)
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16900

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Greeness » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 am

Speaking of Rayman 1's level design, did anybody else here play the levels that came packaged with Rayman Designer? Always found them to be the most memorable Rayman 1 stages when I was young, and thanks to them I got to experience themes like the Cave of Skops and Candy Château.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:35 am

Greeness wrote:Speaking of Rayman 1's level design, did anybody else here play the levels that came packaged with Rayman Designer? Always found them to be the most memorable Rayman 1 stages when I was young, and thanks to them I got to experience themes like the Cave of Skops and Candy Château.
I actually haven't tried them but since I bought Rayman Forever the other day, I have them to try now :)
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 27070
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 63710

Re: Rayman 1

Post by The Jonster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:36 am

I have though I’ve only played the band land themed ones. I wonder how interesting/infuriating the game would have been if these levels were part of the main game. I think there also Rayman by his fans in the forever version of Gog’s That I got years ago, has anyone tried that yet?
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16900

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Greeness » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:43 am

steocullen91 wrote:I actually haven't tried them but since I bought Rayman Forever the other day, I have them to try now :)
You absolutely should try some of them, for example, there's a really well designed Bad Rayman stage that uses some obstacles from the Atari Jaguar version and a Picture City level that requires unlocking multiple paths to get through.

Edit: Thinking about it, I probably have more nostalgia for the packaged Rayman Designer levels then the original game, since in it every level is available from the start.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:05 am

Greeness wrote:You absolutely should try some of them, for example, there's a really well designed Bad Rayman stage that uses some obstacles from the Atari Jaguar version and a Picture City level that requires unlocking multiple paths to get through.

Edit: Thinking about it, I probably have more nostalgia for the packaged Rayman Designer levels then the original game, since in it every level is available from the start.
Nice! I'll definitely have to try some of these out. I'm sure playing the levels will make me much better at the original game too :P

Might try some of them out tomorrow :)
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Posts: 12249
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Tings: 125

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Ray502 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:10 am

The Jonster wrote:Rayman by his fans in the forever version of Gog’s That I got years ago, has anyone tried that yet?
A few times I did, albeit briefly. The level designs are way too repetitive, which makes it boring.
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

PluMGMK
Pâquerette
Posts: 30347
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 14568

Re: Rayman 1

Post by PluMGMK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:14 am

I've run the gauntlet of all 24 Designer levels twice in my life: once at the end of 2014, and once at the end of 2017. That said, I'd got through the Band Land ones and some of the others many years previously, but they do need a huge amount of patience.

The "By his Fans" ones have no quality standards it seems. There's one in Picture City where you can get softlocked very easily.

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 27070
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 63710

Re: Rayman 1

Post by The Jonster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:33 am

Ray502 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Rayman by his fans in the forever version of Gog’s That I got years ago, has anyone tried that yet?
A few times I did, albeit briefly. The level designs are way too repetitive, which makes it boring.
PluMGMK wrote:I've run the gauntlet of all 24 Designer levels twice in my life: once at the end of 2014, and once at the end of 2017. That said, I'd got through the Band Land ones and some of the others many years previously, but they do need a huge amount of patience.

The "By his Fans" ones have no quality standards it seems. There's one in Picture City where you can get softlocked very easily.
So it seems. The reason I asked is because I have only gone through one level of it and immediately had no idea what I was doing. I love the fans' enthusiasm, but I imagine that a bunch of kids made these since they look so jumbled, disorganized, and without any real...cohesion to the level (I don't think of explaining my point correcly, maybe that horrible pink theme I saw in the you game is messing with my brain), this looks worse than the original game. I just watched a few videos of someone playing the fans version and I wanted to rage quit even though I was not the playing. Thanks for the input though guys. Think I'll give Designer another shot along with the original since it's been awhile since I played it. If I can get Gog's rayman version to run on my Windows 8/10.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

PluMGMK
Pâquerette
Posts: 30347
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 14568

Re: Rayman 1

Post by PluMGMK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:36 am

The GOG version should have no trouble on new Windows. :)

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Or if you were cheap like me and got that deal on uplay instead :lol:

I have no problems running then on Windows 10 though. Even Rayman 2 works grand. Rayman 3 is the only one that gave any problems (mainly just some framedrops at times) but I think I may be able to sort that out with nvidia inspector now.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 27070
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 63710

Re: Rayman 1

Post by The Jonster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:16 pm

PluMGMK wrote:The GOG version should have no trouble on new Windows. :)
OK, cool I'll try all the versions out sometime this week then. Except the fan version, i don't think that's going to be pleasant even if i tried to lose.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

The Jonster
Murfy
Posts: 27070
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 63710

Re: Rayman 1

Post by The Jonster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:17 pm

The Jonster wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:The GOG version should have no trouble on new Windows. :)
OK, cool I'll try all the content in GOG's version out sometime this week then. Except the fan version, i don't think that's going to be pleasant even if i tried to lose.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:45 am

Did anyone ever notice the pencils on Pencil Pentathlon keep changing colours if you move until they're off screen and go back again? I noticed because I was trying to get the cage that only appears when you go right and climb then it appears, then you go back again to get it. The pencils you have to stand on randomly keep being different colours :P
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

RibShark
Bébé Globox
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 pm
Contact:
Tings: 45

Re: Rayman 1

Post by RibShark » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:38 pm

Steo wrote:Did anyone ever notice the pencils on Pencil Pentathlon keep changing colours if you move until they're off screen and go back again? I noticed because I was trying to get the cage that only appears when you go right and climb then it appears, then you go back again to get it. The pencils you have to stand on randomly keep being different colours :P
Yep. In addition, the dark blue pencil is a different shape from the others.

Steo
Rayman 2
Posts: 26503
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 182078

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Steo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:51 pm

RibShark wrote:Yep. In addition, the dark blue pencil is a different shape from the others.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to look at that dark blue one now. I pay attention to such weird things :lol:
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

PluMGMK
Pâquerette
Posts: 30347
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 14568

Re: Rayman 1

Post by PluMGMK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Yeah, the pencils acquire a random sprite every time they're rendered. It's just one of those cartoony things. :lol:

Post Reply