Rayman 3

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Lex
Reclu
Tings: 2680

Re: Rayman 3

Post by Lex »

Huh, so it's not an uncommon glitch or anything like that. Would still like to know what triggers it though. Spooked me the first time I saw it lol
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1725

Post by RibShark »

This happens when holding up or left as the level starts. There is a small window where holding a direction can move Rayman before the start of level cutscene plays. Moving Rayman up or left at the start of this level will cause him to collide with the wall behind him. This wall has a weird property where it is set to be climbable, but for some reason when Rayman attempts to climb it, he will instead attach to a midair area a bit behind the wall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axIIcOCkEI

So what is happening when this message appears, is that Rayman is being moved in the first few frames of the level starting to be touching this wall, the wall then teleports him out of bounds. The game then has a hardcoded failsafe for if Rayman goes out of bounds during the start of level cutscene, where it displays this message and teleports him back to where he is supposed to be.
Last edited by RibShark on Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lex
Reclu
Tings: 2680

Post by Lex »

Interesting!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 596584

Post by Hunchman801 »

DaveRattlehead wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:25 pm That video reminded me of this Reddit calculation about... His huge features :fou:
I missed this when Elite posted it for the first time in 2021, but thanks for the laugh, I'm glad that people are dedicating time to the real important questions in life. :lol: