Rayman 3

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Rayman 3

Post by Adsolution »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:And I do consider that minor - Rayman 3 is the kind of game where I wouldn't replay a level without finishing the game first. The HD port is completely fine if you just play straight through first.
Given how nearly half of everyone does replay levels before finishing the game, this is an objectively major issue for the general populous.
sonicbrawler182
Barbara
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 »

Not from what I know. Most people I know charge straight through a game. And if Sonic Lost World reviews and complaints relating to "the game's too hard" are anything to go by, people don't even think to replay early levels when they are having a lot of trouble with later levels, to brush up their skills.

And while I think the issue shouldn't be there, and I agree it's bad, I feel the HD version is a legit means to play the game if you have difficulty getting older versions (and the PC version has a major issue itself. It doesn't count as an alternative). Because if you know the issue before going in, you can just avoid it. It's not that hard. I didn't run into the issue either, and I DIDN'T know it existed (this is the first I've heard of it).

So if anyone comes to you and says "I can't get an older version of the game, should I get the HD version?", instead of saying "Oh no, don't go near it", just let them know about this game breaking issue. I can think of other great games (not ports, original versions) that have game breaking issues, but they are hard to run into, and I would still advise people to play the game - I'd just tell them to avoid triggering the bug.

Because I had a really pleasant experience with the HD port. It looked pretty nice. It's fine besides this one, avoidable issue.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

It's true that I won't usually replay any level before finishing the game if the scenario pushes me to do so. In Legends though, with no storyline pushing me to play the next level, I just replayed each one of them until 100% beaten.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Hunchman801 wrote:It's true that I won't usually replay any level before finishing the game if the scenario pushes me to do so. In Legends though, with no storyline pushing me to play the next level, I just replayed each one of them until 100% beaten.
I also do that too. Also, when I make a combo mistake on Rayman 3, I immediately restart the level til I think I got a great score on that level.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Post by Henchman1028 »

Rayman502 wrote:
Hunchman801 wrote:It's true that I won't usually replay any level before finishing the game if the scenario pushes me to do so. In Legends though, with no storyline pushing me to play the next level, I just replayed each one of them until 100% beaten.
I also do that too. Also, when I make a combo mistake on Rayman 3, I immediately restart the level til I think I got a great score on that level.
You could also just let the enemies/lava/etc. kill you and start that part of the level from the beginning.
Ray502
Magicien

Post by Ray502 »

Henchman1028 wrote:
Rayman502 wrote:
You could also just let the enemies/lava/etc. kill you and start that part of the level from the beginning.
I like restarting, its more faster then trying to kill your own self.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hm, I'm a little rusty on the Rayman 3 gameplay layout and the like, but doesn't restarting from the menu bump you straight back to the beginning of the world, and not just the level?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Indeed, though you can reload your game to start from the beginning of the section you were in.
Ray502
Magicien

Post by Ray502 »

Master wrote:Hm, I'm a little rusty on the Rayman 3 gameplay layout and the like, but doesn't restarting from the menu bump you straight back to the beginning of the world, and not just the level?
I pressed paused, click on Load, then load my file, then it loads it straight from the beginning of the level. That only happens when you don't save.

sonicbrawler182
Barbara

Regarding Rayman 3, I actually think that out of the original trilogy, it had the most potential. Shame it was so short, and kind of focused totally on toilet humour (not that I minded it, but it was a bit shoehorned at times). I also thought the jumping was really stiff and unnatural.

It's still a great game though.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"
Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Post by Henchman1028 »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:Regarding Rayman 3, I actually think that out of the original trilogy, it had the most potential. Shame it was so short, and kind of focused totally on toilet humour (not that I minded it, but it was a bit shoehorned at times). I also thought the jumping was really stiff and unnatural.

The only toilet humor I noticed was in the first part of The Land of the Livid Dead.
Earth Gwee
Ly
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee »

Henchman1028 wrote:
sonicbrawler182 wrote:Regarding Rayman 3, I actually think that out of the original trilogy, it had the most potential. Shame it was so short, and kind of focused totally on toilet humour (not that I minded it, but it was a bit shoehorned at times). I also thought the jumping was really stiff and unnatural.

The only toilet humor I noticed was in the first part of The Land of the Livid Dead.
I actually don't remember any kind of toilet humor. :?
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I still think that R3's atmosphere and overall feel are not suited for Rayman. They also changed Murphy/Murfy and Globox.
R2 had better story, characters and controls in my opinion. Although I like powerups from R3, I still consider it weakest Rayman game from main series. Do I think it is a bad game? No, but not good as others.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

OldClassicGamer wrote:

I still think that R3's atmosphere and overall feel are not suited for Rayman. They also changed Murphy/Murfy and Globox.
R2 had better story, characters and controls in my opinion. Although I like powerups from R3, I still consider it weakest Rayman game from main series. Do I think it is a bad game? No, but not good as others.
I like Rayman 2 more than 3, I just think 3 had so much untapped potential. 2 did as well, but 3 even more so.
Rayman 1 is my least favourite, though.

OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

You didn't like the way everything was designed in R1?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

The level design and a few programming issues put me off Rayman 1. Everything else about it is near perfect. And I have completed it 100% (PS One version). And it's enjoyable, but it's the kind of game I need to be in an already good mood for. Otherwise, I just get frustrated with the game.

Ray502
Magicien

Post by Ray502 »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:The level design and a few programming issues put me off Rayman 1. Everything else about it is near perfect. And I have completed it 100% (PS One version). And it's enjoyable, but it's the kind of game I need to be in an already good mood for. Otherwise, I just get frustrated with the game.
Yes, its frustrating, but when you complete the game, you actually want to play it again and again like I did. R1 is my favorite with RL being 2nd, then R2.

SegaNintendoUbisoft
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3390

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft »

sonicbrawler182 wrote:The level design and a few programming issues put me off Rayman 1. Everything else about it is near perfect. And I have completed it 100% (PS One version). And it's enjoyable, but it's the kind of game I need to be in an already good mood for. Otherwise, I just get frustrated with the game.
I entirely agree with you, Rayman 1 is not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. I just think it's really frustrating and rather cheap at times, it's a good game, but it's my least favorite in the main series.

Rayman 3 on the other hand, is my favorite in the series. The game's combat feels right to me, and how I think a 3D Rayman game should be. The humor, while a bit childish, gives me a chuckle here and there, and unlike a lot of people, I like 3's interpretation of Murfy. In 2, he just seemed like your generic "Navi" character to me, but I really love his sarcasm in 3, it gave him a bit more personality. I'm really hoping we get another 3D Rayman someday.
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Agreed, though since I've been playing the game for almost as long as I can remember, I've long since mastered its cheapness, something I can both use to gloat about and not have me get frustrated while playing it, rather, simply enjoy the scenery and music. :mrgreen:
sonicbrawler182
Barbara

Well, I have the Rayman 1 soundtrack on my phone, so I can enjoy it at any time! And I actually use the "Once More" track as my alarm sound for weekdays.

But yeah, the scenery and music is lovely, and you're right in saying one can master a game's cheapness, design flaws, and programming errors, but even when I do this with a game, I still can't ignore it's faults, and often times, just end up wishing I didn't have to consciously avoid all of those things. I've gotten all of the achievements in Sonic '06, but it's still my least favourite game of all time.