Rayman M-Arena

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Carrot-master
Murray
Tings: 21715

Re: Rayman M-Arena

Post by Carrot-master » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Stormtrooper934 wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Does anyone know what's required to unlock the Bonus League levels?
Do all the races, and battles.
I've done that. Or do I also have to do all the different modes? Does that unlock all the bonus levels then?

SpyroGuy
Razoff
Tings: 7291

Post by SpyroGuy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:43 am

Carrot-master wrote:Does anyone know what's required to unlock the Bonus League levels?
Well, if you're playing the PS2 version, you can always create a new save file called "ALLRAYMANM" and press L2, Circle, Square while still being in the naming screen. :D

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Carrot-master wrote:
Stormtrooper934 wrote:
Do all the races, and battles.
I've done that. Or do I also have to do all the different modes? Does that unlock all the bonus levels then?
Yes, you have to complete all the challanges.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53255

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 am

Competitive Rayman Arena should be a thing. It would be the only competitive game (aside from Smash) that I would get into.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Stormtrooper934
Mouru
Tings: 890

Post by Stormtrooper934 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Competitive Rayman Arena should be a thing. It would be the only competitive game (aside from Smash) that I would get into.
Rayman Arena Hd remaster with features from both Ps2, and gamecube versions.

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Competitive Rayman Arena should be a thing. It would be the only competitive game (aside from Smash) that I would get into.
The game isn't very balanced though, Fireworks are way too OP :fou:
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Stormtrooper934
Mouru
Tings: 890

Post by Stormtrooper934 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:21 pm

CHRdutch wrote:
The game isn't very balanced though, Fireworks are way too OP :fou:
But the racing is fun though.

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53255

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:52 am

Yeah, I was mostly referring to the racing. There's really no other game like it.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Man, this game is pretty dark.

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64530

Post by Shrooblord » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 pm

Haruka wrote:I just tried out Evolve along Rayman Arena for the online and I can definitely say it works! :D I managed to play two quick matches with OCG!
What! Awesome news!! I've been dying to play this game with others for so long! Now... I need to get my grubby hands on that fourth mask Windows desktop PC.
RibShark wrote:
SpyroGuy wrote:How about telling us how to edit that config file instead, so we don't have to wait for who knows how long until the Evolve staff decides to care about the game themselves?
Sure, if you add me on Skype (my Skype name is RibShark) I will guide you through it.
For future reference and other people living on the Internet who may come across this later in their life, please, could you explain the necessary steps here, instead of on Skype?
Thanks Spyro:
SpyroGuy wrote:Alright, here are the steps for an online compatible working Rayman Arena which RibShark told me through Skype:

1. Get Evolve (register on their site and download their client), also get Rayman Arena (the PC version's US release which for some reason has a LAN option in it while the "M" version doesn't)

2. Get this file and copy it to:
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Echobit\Evolve

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbuy9yftiuo03 ... b.xml?dl=0

Note that this file will manually overwrite Evolve's game database, so it'll recognize Arena when you launch it.

3. Open Evolve, click on "Help", then "Console" and write:
"gamesdb reload" (without quotes of course)

It should give you a message somewhat like this.
"Successfully reloaded games database (4392 games)."

After all this, if you want to play with someone just invite him/her as a friend just like you do it on Steam, BUT in order to play together, you need to create a "Party" first, into which your friend must be invited, then someone will host the game, the other one will connect to it and PIZZAZZ!!! Online Rayman Gaming Achieved! :mryellow:
GOT4N wrote:haha, I'm thinking of Time Attack leaderboards on forum it could be cool :P
god yes!

Oh oh and those checkpoint 1v1 races where you have to get to the same checkpoint as your opponent did a few seconds before you within a certain time limit lest you be eliminated from the race by timeout!
SpyroGuy wrote:
Squiz wrote:What are the steps to create a party and invite a friend in the game?
Ahh..click on a button which says Create Party or something like that and invite your friends into it. An interesting thing to note is that once you've created your party and invited your friends into it you won't have to do it with the same people ever again, because Evolve saves the party members' name list which is cool. :D
Quoting to put all the instructions in a single post.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:31 am

I see that Evolve was updated lately and I also found Rayman Arena on their game list after manually typing it into their search filter thing.
Does this mean that Arena is finally usable with Evolve without having to manually insert it into the local database or does that list only show the amount of people who have ever played it using Evolve?

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 am

I believe so. It is all a matter of trying out. I might be free for few matches in early February, it is only a matter of arranging.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9620

Post by OCG » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:54 am

I tried it once after update and yes, now the manual steps are no longer required since game was added to database. Evolve staff before thought M and Arena are exactly same in content :P
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:07 pm

This only works with Arena, not M though, right? I'd be inclined to give this a shot, but regional differences be damned.

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Master wrote:This only works with Arena, not M though, right? I'd be inclined to give this a shot, but regional differences be damned.
Just look for an iso on the internet. Only the US version is called Arena, so it shouldn't be that difficult to find one. I think that links for the correct version's iso were already posted around this forum. Lemmesee....got it! :D

http://fullypcgamesdownloadlinks.blogsp ... -game.html

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:08 pm

I am bumping this as I entered in mini-holidays and would be willing to deal a day and hour to do some matches in Rayman Arena with RPC members that are willing to play. Big groups are fun.

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Haruka wrote:I am bumping this as I entered in mini-holidays and would be willing to deal a day and hour to do some matches in Rayman Arena with RPC members that are willing to play. Big groups are fun.
(raises hand)

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9620

Post by OCG » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Well, both of you are in Rayman Arena Skype group alongside with other players so maybe a tournaent can be made if enough people show interest?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:59 pm

Well, thanks to Haruka and RibShark, I've been able to get Arena working on my laptop. Complete noob at it, and I still need to figure out how to set up Evolve, but I'd be happy to give the networking features a shot. Closest I've ever gotten to competing with members in a Rayman game is RL's Challenges, so a direct competition sounds pretty cool.

Carrot-master
Murray
Tings: 21715

Post by Carrot-master » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:40 pm

I might be interested. What's required to get it to work? I've only got Rayman M so I guess I can't get it to work or was there some workaround to it?