Rayman M-Arena

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9120

Re: Rayman M-Arena

Post by Eeeebray »

Thats a bummer, but I hope one day this will get solved.

While digging deeper into the official Rayman M website, I found this pic. Looks like a strange weapon there you could shoot portals.
Attachments
Snap0048.jpg
Snap0048.jpg (96.89 KiB) Viewed 3249 times
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Could this be what generators originally looked like?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Eeeebray wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:17 pm Thats a bummer, but I hope one day this will get solved.
I was able to find this page:
https://www.discogs.com/es/Ripley-Very- ... se/4873133

If you look at the cover of the album, it is the same image that appears in the bottom-left corner of the Rayman M website. Also "V.C.F." coincides with the name of the album listed in Discogs (Very Common French). The weird thing is that there is no "House of Love" song mentioned anywhere.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Weird. According to that site, that album came out in 2002, whereas the Rayman M site was advertising it for Jan 2003. Maybe it was brought forward. Also, from those song titles, it's a wonder they were advertising it at all on a site about a kids' game!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:41 pm The weird thing is that there is no "House of Love" song mentioned anywhere.
Maybe it's actually from another Ripley album, despite them using the cover for "Very Common French"? :pardon2: Or not from an album at all, but then again I can't find any information about a Ripley song called "House of Love", at all.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, it's not from that album. The site just states that the game used the song "House of Love", then segues to a promo for the band's yet-unreleased next album, "VCF".
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, it's either from an earlier album or from no album at all.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I was able to find the page of DJ Cook, someone who collaborated with RIPLEY, and the bio states that: "They also work for cinema, publicity and video game,
in particular with a music for the game RAYMAN and a remix of Lalo Schifrin for the last Splinter Cell."
https://web.archive.org/web/20081113131 ... ookbio.htm

There is also this page that mentions that they did work for Rayman M:
http://www.wiki-rennes.fr/Ripley

The band had a myspace, but it seems that the page was not archived.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Interestingly, the Rennes wiki says they also worked on Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.
I'mokwiththis
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by I'mokwiththis »

Hi there, I'm new here so if i post this in the wrong Place, let me know It.
I really Need help for controller setup for Rayman M.
I tried to figure that myself, but in vain.
I use a PS4 original controller and use ds4windows for connect It to PC. It seems work but when i start the game only the touch pad works like I'm using a mouse, and i can't set the buttons in the respective menù. Thanks you in Advance for the help.
Sharaya
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Sharaya »

I'mokwiththis wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:44 am Hi there, I'm new here so if i post this in the wrong Place, let me know It.
I really Need help for controller setup for Rayman M.
I tried to figure that myself, but in vain.
I use a PS4 original controller and use ds4windows for connect It to PC. It seems work but when i start the game only the touch pad works like I'm using a mouse, and i can't set the buttons in the respective menù. Thanks you in Advance for the help.
I'm new here too, I looked for a solution for this problem but had no success.
I have the same controller and using ds4windows too, but at least you managed to let it work a bit, mine seems completely dead, even if I binded the pad buttons as keyboard buttons. Hope we will find a solution asap!
Image Sharaya__
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

So I finally beat the "On and On" mode tonight! :teuf: For a year now, I've been trying it occasionally, never able to get past two, three or maybe four levels at the best of times. But I got it in one attempt (even with a few mistakes) after I went back and got four more Lums in the Lums mode of Nebulous Tower. So I guess On and On is actually not that hard at all, unless you make it hard for yourself by making literally minimum effort in the first few levels in Lums mode :fou:
Minor-T5
Knaaren
Tings: 5654

Post by Minor-T5 »

Bumping this topic really quick, but I recently been playing through Rayman Arena and have wanted to play LAN games with friends. However I get "server creation failed" when I try to create one. Is there a certain reason that I am getting this, and is there a way around it?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I've no experience of this, but off the top of my head, do you need to run the game as admin?
Minor-T5
Knaaren
Tings: 5654

Post by Minor-T5 »

I just tried this, but to no avail. I've also tried messing with the network settings but that didn't work either.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

ICUP321 accidentally found a fix for the infamous "Rise and Shrine" freeze on Dolphin! Simply add this Gecko code:

Code: Select all

0405EE90 38600001
0405EE94 4E800020
0405EF08 38600001
0405EF0C 4E800020
What this was meant to do was disable objects disappearing off the edge of the screen for widescreen hacks, but for some reason it has the side effect of also "fixing" the freeze!
zZeckHeck
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by zZeckHeck »

Minor-T5 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:47 pm I just tried this, but to no avail. I've also tried messing with the network settings but that didn't work either.
I just got done working on a dll to fix this. Opens up a menu on startup to let you select a network adapter, like hamachi. Tested it out with a friend, and netplay works. Has some bugs in lums battle, but that appears to be unrelated.

Source and release

If you have any trouble, make an issue on github or post it here and get my attention.
zZeckHeck
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by zZeckHeck »

Just did a bugfix and new release of the patch. Hope I'm not violating a forum norm on double posting. But if the patch wasn't working for you before, it may now.

Discussion is in this github issue

The more testing the better. I'll try to get this patch solid for as many configurations as I can.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Thanks for releasing this. I would love to try, but I don't really have anyone to play the game with. Maybe this topic could be useful for this?
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9120

Post by Eeeebray »

I found some Rayman M videos which IGN uploaded 2001 and this video contains some differences in battle mode:

https://www.ign.com/videos/2001/05/19/3 ... 01-05-19-1

I uploaded all videos I could find of Rayman M from IGN on my YouTube account to show them to you: