Rayman M-Arena

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Re: Rayman M-Arena

Post by OCG »

You need ISO of Rayman Arena - USA version of game because only that version supports LAN.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

RayCarrot
Uglette
Tings: 25924

Post by RayCarrot »

But if I get the Rayman Arena ISO, won't it complain over me not having the disc in?

SpyroGuy
Razoff
Tings: 7321

Post by SpyroGuy »

Carrot-master wrote:But if I get the Rayman Arena ISO, won't it complain over me not having the disc in?
Nope, but even if it does, you can just mount the iso and call it a day. :)

Stormtrooper934
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1000

Post by Stormtrooper934 »

SpyroGuy wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:But if I get the Rayman Arena ISO, won't it complain over me not having the disc in?
Nope, but even if it does, you can just mount the iso and call it a day. :)
Is the ISO virus free?

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

Well if it wouldn't be then I guess we'd already have at least 5 people claiming that OMG MY PC IS INFECTED!!! or something like that.

I'm pretty sure that an RPC member is hosting the link btw.

IIITA
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1045

Post by IIITA »

If you are looking for Rayman Arena iso, it's here;

http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ilit=Arena

No infection !!

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

It could also be a false positive.

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

Yesterday evening I did another test with raymanHUN to see how well Arena works after the latest Evolve update.

First we had to wait app. 30 minutes until the Matchmaking system was able to give us a spare Party room due to some overloading issue, but eventually it worked out. Evolve recognized the game and automatically put in into it's local library right after the first launch. Manual editing of the game database is no longer necessary.

I also noticed that Evolve has got it's own overlay system now which seems to block Fraps out completely from the program it's being used on.
I assume that the reason behind this is that the Evolve overlay has it's own built-in recorder software which possibly conflicts with Fraps somehow as Fraps stays active during the Evolve overlay's running time but it doesn't respond to any inputs nor does it recognize the program which uses the overlay (the fps counter doesn't appear on the screen and pressing the record button doesn't do anything, yet Fraps is running in the background).

Howewer this isn't really an issue because the Evolve overlay's built-in recording software's layout seems almost identical to Fraps anyway and it works quite well too. :yeah:

RibShark
Tribelle
Tings: 55

Post by RibShark »

SpyroGuy wrote:Manual editing of the game database is no longer necessary.
Yeah I requested it to be added, guess I forgot to mention that.
SpyroGuy wrote:I also noticed that Evolve has got it's own overlay system now which seems to block Fraps out completely from the program it's being used on.
I assume that the reason behind this is that the Evolve overlay has it's own built-in recorder software which possibly conflicts with Fraps somehow as Fraps stays active during the Evolve overlay's running time but it doesn't respond to any inputs nor does it recognize the program which uses the overlay (the fps counter doesn't appear on the screen and pressing the record button doesn't do anything, yet Fraps is running in the background).

Howewer this isn't really an issue because the Evolve overlay's built-in recording software's layout seems almost identical to Fraps anyway and it works quite well too. :yeah:
I believe the overlay can be disabled, which should fix the problem with FRAPS.

I've also been looking into whether or not I could get Rayman M online. In UnlockRay we found a debug menu a while back that works on Arena and M, and has an option for LAN play, but unfortunately it crashes on M. So for now, it seems like online will remain Arena only.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

The Nintendo eShop for both Wii U and 3DS are having a Ubisoft sale and they're using this render of Rayman.
How odd.

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

Tbh that is kinda strange seeing as they're using Rayman's old design :o

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

That's fucking bizarre. I love it, but why?
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

Might this be a sign that they're releasing a new Rayman Arena?
Or did they just find the image on their hard drive and smashed it on to the skype background?
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

After even more testing I came to the conclusion that the Evolve overlay's built-in recording software is inferior to Fraps since it can barely sustain a full scale screen recording session for half a minute without crashing itself. Howewer it works like a charm in "half size" recording mode. Almost. The image capturing is flawless, but the sound part of the recording is doubled and/or lagging for some reason. Right now my theory is that the software MIGHT be recording the game's audio AND the microphone audio as well which results in this strange combined lagging sound recording which can be heard. Gotta test that one as well. Anyway, the screen capturing itself works kind of fine.

mario182
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by mario182 »

Hi everyone,
I have been trying getting Rayman Arena online with a friend over the last days without much success. I am pretty sure I am just missing some stupid thing I've overlooked.

The hamachi method in the OP didn't work at all. (Server creation failed)
The evolve method allowed me to start the server, but my friend couldn't find it.

Evolve setup: http://puu.sh/nOSrc.png
Rayman Arena setup: http://puu.sh/nOSpp.jpg
What my friend sees (nothing): http://puu.sh/nOSoA/6cd61a0c49.jpg

Firewalls are off, ping (in evolve) does work, game is recognized by evolve's library.

Order we did stuff:
Both started evolve and connected to party.
I start Arena and launch the server.
He starts Arena and opens the server list.
No server to be found.

I would really be thankful if somebody could help me getting it to work, Rayman Arena is a great game that I wanted to play again :D

raymanHUN
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3331

Post by raymanHUN »

Okay, so both of you are in party in Evolve. Then maybe try launching Rayman Arena as administrator. It sometimes work. Let me know if this helped. :) (sorry, at this moment I couldn't think anything other that can be the problem)

mario182
Électoon

Post by mario182 »

Nope, we both started both Evolve and Arena as Admin, same results as before. :|

Both of us tried hosting and joining, but the other one never gets a server to join to appear in the list.

(Forgot to add before, also using Windows 98 compatibility mode)

raymanHUN
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3331

Post by raymanHUN »

I guess you don't need compatibility mode. (I don't use it, and it works fine) Maybe Spyroguy can help more, I'll ask him, if he won't appear here.

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

If your friend has Windows 10 he must set an additional thing in the Control Center (or whatever it's called in english) to make it work, so my question is:

Does he have Win10 or not?

mario182
Électoon

Post by mario182 »

We both have Win 10. And will turn compatibility mode off.
If you mean that "set MAC address to 0" to get the Evolve adapter to work, already did that.