Rayman M-Arena

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

SpyroGuy
Razoff
Tings: 7321

Re: Rayman M-Arena

Post by SpyroGuy »

mario182 wrote:We both have Win 10. And will turn compatibility mode off.
If you mean that "set MAC address to 0" to get the Evolve adapter to work, already did that.
Crap. That was the one I was about to suggest since it did fix our party when we were playing and one of the players was a Win10 user.

RibShark
Tribelle
Tings: 55

Post by RibShark »

If possible, DO NOT run Rayman Arena as administrator. Change the compatibility settings if it is. If you cannot stop it running as Administrator, then run Evolve as Administrator also.

Sbaffo
Master Kaag
Tings: 4314

Post by Sbaffo »

Hello anyone!

I've been reading a few pages of this and i saw you use hamachi for play... but what if you guys used tunngle instead? Try it, i think it's easier to use than hamachi, let me know if anyone wants to try out with me! ;)

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Uhm no, we don't use Hamachi, I dunno how you concluded that. We use Evolve to play and I don't think that playing it using something else could change much.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

OCG wrote:Uhm no, we don't use Hamachi, I dunno how you concluded that. We use Evolve to play and I don't think that playing it using something else could change much.
first post says about hamachi... can you tell me more about this "Evolve"?

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

Ok i gave a look at this evolve thing... i don't like it, or at least i do. The fact is that in order to play you must give a link to your friend, and if you want to host an open game to anyone (and you don't know anyone in these forums, just like me xD) it gets harder. Tunngle offers a channel option where you join and chat with anyone, no link required or any bullshit

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

A link? What are you talking about? If you open a party you can invite people into it, but as far as I'm aware only from your friend list, so yes, you DO need to contact the people you want to play with beforehand, but this part is essential anyway, because the player base is extremely limited for this game (pretty much the members of this forum, lol AND my brothers, cuz we all love Rayman M/Arena in the family :3).

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

SpyroGuy wrote:A link? What are you talking about? If you open a party you can invite people into it, but as far as I'm aware only from your friend list, so yes, you DO need to contact the people you want to play with beforehand, but this part is essential anyway, because the player base is extremely limited for this game (pretty much the members of this forum, lol AND my brothers, cuz we all love Rayman M/Arena in the family :3).
Exactly, you can only invite people from your friend list, this make the player base even smaller! Guys please give Tunngle a try, trust me ;) if anyone wants to try it out pm me

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

Sbaffo wrote: Exactly, you can only invite people from your friend liste, this make the player base even smaller! Guys please give Tunngle a try, trust me ;) if anyone wants to try it out pm me
And why exactly should I when I already have people here to play online with in a game that only supports a maximum of 4 players anyway? Most people have already managed to make it work and use it from time to time, so don't expect masses of people randomly jumping after you just because you don't seem to like a program that everybody else here uses. :|

Not to mention that as far as I know joining into a game mid-match is NOT POSSIBLE, so you can either wait until the end of time for some random person to jump into your open lobby (nobody will) or ask us to play some matches when we're happening to be free. :)

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

This is how it looks the tunngle client on the rayman arena channel. You have only to join it and then you can do anything you want! I think you need to unforward your router's port tho if you want to host afaik

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

SpyroGuy wrote:
Sbaffo wrote: Exactly, you can only invite people from your friend liste, this make the player base even smaller! Guys please give Tunngle a try, trust me ;) if anyone wants to try it out pm me
And why exactly should I when I already have people here to play online with in a game that only supports a maximum of 4 players anyway? Most people have already managed to make it work and use it from time to time, so don't expect masses of people randomly jumping after you just because you don't seem to like a program that everybody else here uses. :|

Not to mention that as far as I know joining into a game mid-match is NOT POSSIBLE, so you can either wait until the end of time for some random person to jump into your open lobby (nobody will) or ask us to play some matches when we're happening to be free. :)
I don't want to force anyone to change your way to play online through, i'm just telling you an alternative. If none would have proposed "Evolution" as client the default one would have remained hamachi.

EDIT: I don't get what you're saying here bro:
SpyroGuy wrote:Not to mention that as far as I know joining into a game mid-match is NOT POSSIBLE, so you can either wait until the end of time for some random person to jump into your open lobby (nobody will) or ask us to play some matches when we're happening to be free. :)

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

First of all, stop double posting and second thing, Hamachi is not compatible with Rayman Arena. Thats the first thing we tried to play with. I am unsure with this forwarding you mentioned but I did not have to do anything with my router when using Evolve. I won't download this and I prefer to stick with the way of playing we did before. Why should all of members here download new program when old one works anyways. It will just confuse others who got used to Evolve already.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

OCG wrote:First of all, stop double posting and second thing, Hamachi is not compatible with Rayman Arena. Thats the first thing we tried to play with. I am unsure with this forwarding you mentioned but I did not have to do anything with my router when using Evolve. I won't download this and I prefer to stick with the way of playing we did before. Why should all of members here download new program when old one works anyways. It will just confuse others who got used to Evolve already.
Your reasoning doesn't make sense because you either are lazy or simply you haven't tried tunngle yet, but anyway i'll stick to your method then... may you help me with it?

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

I don't see what is not understandable about my reasoning. If something works why replace it? Why should I need to try different program if all others use Evolve and it works good for them? What sort of help you need with? Anything confusing to you about Evolve?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

Why not use something that works even better then?

I need to understand how you guys play with Evolution, do you guys have to add me in a party or smth else , it's pretty confused.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

For us, Evolve works pretty good. Just because other program works better for you does not mean all of us should change it.

The way we play on Evolve, we have eachother added as friend on accounts we made there, then some of us just creates party, sends link, others join and thats how we play.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

Okay, who in Polokus' name started to spread this "send link" crap around, because I'm fairly positive that this will lead many people to the false assumption that actual links are being shared which is not the case.

Evolve's system layout is largely the same as Steam's. Register to it, download client, contact with the people who you want to play with, invite them into your party which looks exactly like a Steam chatroom, only with a different purpose and play!

Also I thought that I was pretty clear about this, but I'm gonna say it again: As far as I'm aware, your match disappears from the server list as soon as the actual round starts because the game was not programmed with online capabilities in mind, strictly for LAN usage which means that it doesn't matter what you think about random-ass people joining into your server through Hamachi or Tunggle or whatever else you wanna use, they won't join, because joining into a server mid-game is simply not possible. You can't join into a match while it's in progress and you can only see it if it's in the "lobby phase/selecting levels". Considering the fact that the player base is extremely limited to begin with, the most logical solution is to stick with the handful of people who are still interested in playing the game.

Besides, Evolve doesn't need any additional tinkering either, not even port-forwarding. :)

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Actually, in Evolve, there is option for actual link. Once you create party and go to invite people, you can either invite the people you have on friend list or use special URL that is shown.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

SpyroGuy
Razoff

Post by SpyroGuy »

OCG wrote:Actually, in Evolve, there is option for actual link. Once you create party and go to invite people, you can either invite the people you have on friend list or use special URL that is shown.
Oh, my bad then, I thought that it was just some false info spreading around. :lol:

Sbaffo
Master Kaag

Post by Sbaffo »

I downloaded evolve, add me guys: Sbaffo

How often you play?