Rayman Headcanons

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Zinx
Tribelle
Tings: 270

Re: Rayman Headcanons

Post by Zinx »

The Rayman Breakout minigame was supposed to be the floating present on the JAG/PSX version of the game.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Please use the edit button instead of double posting. ;)
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

mister death is the actual grim reaper for the universe but nobody takes him seriously ever. partly because people keep Not Dying also hes kinda a wimp
Dear Mario,

Where am i
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

ZelenPixel wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:29 pm mister death is the actual grim reaper for the universe but nobody takes him seriously ever. partly because people keep Not Dying also hes kinda a wimp
This is actually brilliant! The bubblization makes so much sense when you think of it that way…
LavaLampLoveInn
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by LavaLampLoveInn »

Ryanisluigi wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:46 pm Ok but real Challenge

Since I'm 99% no one knows the context behind this video, please come up with a headcanon that caused Rayman and Globox to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINfHRXx1kQ
The day Rayman also found out he was "Allergic" to plum juice.
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000

Post by ZelenPixel »

matuvus/bo-peeps actually sound like birds. you think you hear a bird chirping and you look up and its actually a weird lil lizard lmao
this entirely comes from the fact that the stock sfx used for their chirp thing was also used in spore for the omnivorous bird mouths and as i grew up on spore this just keeps throwing me off
Dear Mario,

Where am i
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I played Spore for a while when it was still fairly new, but I can't say I picked up on that. Good catch!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

I clearly don't have enough attention to detail to notice such small similarities between games. :mrgreen:
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000

Post by ZelenPixel »

the previous knaaren king or whatever just sorta. died and the only remaining heir, gumsi, happened to be A Baby! but everyone just sorta stuck with that and hes been doing surprisingly fine
also pretty sure hes got a bunch of dads somehow
Dear Mario,

Where am i
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

ZelenPixel wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:57 am the previous knaaren king or whatever just sorta. died and the only remaining heir, gumsi, happened to be A Baby! but everyone just sorta stuck with that and hes been doing surprisingly fine
also pretty sure hes got a bunch of dads somehow
I think the official story was that he was proclaimed king at birth, seemingly because they worshipped his youth. It does make you wonder what happened before...
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000

Post by ZelenPixel »

oh huh never heard that before
what if he stops being a babey then... what to heck!
Dear Mario,

Where am i
Dancaa
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2345

Post by Dancaa »

My personal headcanon is that none of the Rayman type characters in Legends are actual separate characters, and are indeed just Rayman wearing goofy costumes (or lack thereof in the case of Rayomz). All except for Raymesis who as far as I’m concerned is just Dark Rayman’s form before he changed to the all black form that is seen in the invaded levels.
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000

Post by ZelenPixel »

ya pretty much what i think too. i see a few other alts as separate characters but thats about it. same applying to globox also
while im at it! mama hite real and is also the muse of the poets, now just sorta hangs around in the sea of serendipity's huts and like every red wizard there has taken to calling her their mom. none of them are aware that she happens to be the wife of the very guy they worship lmao
Dear Mario,

Where am i
Dancaa
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Dancaa »

I do agree with you on the Globox costumes. I don’t consider Glombrox to be Globox though. I also don’t believe the Rayman hair creatures backstory is canon as the Origins website and manual both state that the origin story seen in the original trailer is canon and Rayman had hair in that trailer.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Dancaa wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:44 pm I do agree with you on the Globox costumes. I don’t consider Glombrox to be Globox though. I also don’t believe the Rayman hair creatures backstory is canon as the Origins website and manual both state that the origin story seen in the original trailer is canon and Rayman had hair in that trailer.
Some unused subtitles for that clip were discovered recently, which revealed that the hair creatures are called "Mini-Villi". The sequence also begins with the words "They say", which strongly suggests that it was never intended to be taken as truth / canon.
Dancaa
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Dancaa »

Really? How recently was that?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Dancaa wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 pm Really? How recently was that?
Last November, apparently – Carrot discovered the text: viewtopic.php?p=1363343#p1363343
Dancaa
Magicien Ptizetre

Post by Dancaa »

Never knew that. Truly fascinating.
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000

Post by ZelenPixel »

lemme repost from the /r/rayman discord (typos intact)
zelen wrote: makes sense lmao

i like to theink globoxs species originally inhabited olympus maximus. ancient greek dumbass frogs. and they also came up with multiple of their own gods and all that having only vague knowledge of one existing (which was polokus) i guess they werent that far off in makeing the gods in their own image though

anyway the minotaurs drove them off or something

also ive brought this one up a fwe weeks ago already but like. you know that zappy hand in the sky in its firts level??? so thehy thought that was also one of their gods right. also made him in their image. but turns out the whole thing literally Is just a hand in the clouds that zaps people for the heck of it

well that was an infodump !
pretty sure a fair bit of it came to me from legends concept art
yea im starting to kinda inhabit this thread but i just have a lot of headcanons i keep.. keeping to myself. might as well spew em out!
Dear Mario,

Where am i
Croboculous
Piranha
Tings: 120

Post by Croboculous »

My headcanon/theory is that the Voodoo Mama is the Muse of the Poets. It just makes too much sense! I also believe that the Teensies are Polokus's true first nightmare. They're a living reminder of his greatest regret. That constant thought of the Muse leaving him plagues the inner working of his mind. It then manifests itself into Polokus's dreams, essentially being the reason to his nightmares. It would make a whole lot of sense to the name "Momma of all Nightmares." Maybe if she never left him, the Nymphs would have never created Rayman at all? :shock:
:lololol: :destroy: