Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 555380

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Hunchman801 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Guys, Rémi isn't new to this community! It's great news nonetheless, I've posted an article on the portal to let everyone know about it. :)

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:40 pm

I was not aware Rémi was among the Pirate Community. I can hardly believe it!

Hearing of this project is wonderful news! I adore the Rayman 1 soundtrack, I sometimes listen to it on the bus to and from college. I most certainly will be listening to it tomorrow thanks to this piece of news! I have always wanted to hear the Rayman 1 soundtrack with really rich instrumentation, to hear it reach it's full potential!

Wishing you the very, very best of luck Rémi, and I hope this project really works out for you. It's always heartwarming to see a creator who eternally values their projects, as much as their fans do!
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:18 pm

emshomar wrote:Wow I can't believe my hero of my childhood is here :D Back then when people asked me what is my favourite album I used to say Rayman 1 of course. I find it pity that the PC version got all tracks combined and I am trying to outbind them but appearently these track choosing information thingamajig is in the source code of the executable, or am I wrong?
That's actually my main problem with the PC version (don't tell Adsamalation), as I personally feel that it sucks a lot of atmosphere out of the game.
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you Rémi! This sounds like a fantastic idea. You should know that the Rayman 1 soundtrack is still very fondly remembered by those of us who were lucky enough to encounter the game at the right age. The music synchs up perfectly with the game's visual universe, and to this day the atmosphere has never been recreated.

Could you tell us who some of your influences were? I've always thought there were similarities between the Rayman 1 music and Pink Floyd, but that might just be my imagination.

Will this project be limited to YouTube videos? I'd love to get my hands on a proper iTunes or even CD release, though there might be issues with Ubisoft – it's been nearly twenty years and we still don't have an official soundtrack!

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:37 pm

If a CD gets ever released, it will be a must-buy without any doubts :D!

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Post by Imco » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:44 pm

It wil be a must-buy, buy again, buy special edition, buy every edition, buy again for friends, copy for parents...
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Having a Rayman 1 OST, with extra never heard gems, would definitely create extreme interest, I'd hope. I know I for one would be over the moon for such a thing.
Last edited by Master on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: illicit? Really?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:36 pm

technology4617 wrote:Also, dear Addy is making a remake of R1 in CryEngine, so your new tracks could be used in that if you wish. ;)
We won't be using CryEngine, we're using that for Revenge of the Dark. The Rayman 1 remake we're conceptualising would probably use something similar to UbiART. If there isn't something open-source like that available, we might give making our own a shot.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Master wrote:Having a Rayman 1 OST, with extra never heard gems, would definitely illicit extreme interest, I'd hope. I know I for one would be over the moon for such a thing.
Yeah, the rap song in particular sounds like it'd be hilarious.

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3200

Post by rgazel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 am

spiraldoor wrote:Thank you Rémi! This sounds like a fantastic idea. You should know that the Rayman 1 soundtrack is still very fondly remembered by those of us who were lucky enough to encounter the game at the right age. The music synchs up perfectly with the game's visual universe, and to this day the atmosphere has never been recreated.

Could you tell us who some of your influences were? I've always thought there were similarities between the Rayman 1 music and Pink Floyd, but that might just be my imagination.

>> Hi,
My influences are very very varied (sorry for my english !). I played lot of jazz and latin music, but I love many variety of musics. In fact, I'm more concerned with a project, a song, a special ambiance, to an artist or a particular style...

Will this project be limited to YouTube videos? I'd love to get my hands on a proper iTunes or even CD release, though there might be issues with Ubisoft – it's been nearly twenty years and we still don't have an official soundtrack!
>> Youtube videos is the first step I plan.
The next step will depend mainly on the reactions of fans :) I would like to organize a series of shows to play this music, also with projections of images, gameplays ... Many things are possible. And perhaps in collaboration with Ubisoft, I don't know yet :)
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com

"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

rgazel
Pizzicatta

Post by rgazel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:50 am

Thank you all for your encouragement, it gives me great pleasure !
If you wish to be informed of the progress of the project, you can subscribe to the newsletter on http://rayman1musics.gazel.net
An English version will be online soon :)
Rémi
Rémi

technology4617
Antitoon

Post by technology4617 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 am

Adsolution wrote:
technology4617 wrote:Also, dear Addy is making a remake of R1 in CryEngine, so your new tracks could be used in that if you wish. ;)
We won't be using CryEngine, we're using that for Revenge of the Dark. The Rayman 1 remake we're conceptualising would probably use something similar to UbiART. If there isn't something open-source like that available, we might give making our own a shot.
Ah. I thought you mentioned that you'd be using CryEngine for the R1 remake as well, but I guess I was wrong.

rgazel
Pizzicatta

Post by rgazel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:50 am

Guys, the english version of the Rayman 1 Musics Project is online.
But... really really sorry for my bad english !
If anyone can help me for the translations, he is welcome :)

It's here : http://rayman1musics.gazel.net/en/
Rémi

MisterDark'sFanClub
Photographe
Location: Mushroom Valley w/the Super Rayman Bros to save Princess Betilla Toadstool from King Dark Koopa.
Tings: 7760

Post by MisterDark'sFanClub » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

I am truly excited about all this; the Rayman 1 music is my favorite! My support and best wishes to you, Remi Gazel!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MY LOVE FOR RAYMAN

1. It's MISTER Dark, not Mr. Dark!

2. I call Rayman's limbless species Toons (for the Protoon; they're pretty much human atoms).

3. I have 4 favorite video games: Rayman, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, and Fallout.

4. I'm currently debating 3 names for the Valley: Toon Valley, Pallet Valley, or the Valley of Light.

5. I theorize Rayman's species used to be human, 'til they moved to the Valley and became atoms like the Great Protoon. Their torsos are the nucleus and their floating limbs are electrons.

6. I theorize Joe's fairy heated up Rayman's body so his fist would glow when he'd punch it; just as an atom glows when it's heated up and its electrons drop from a high ring back to their groundstate.

7. I took Chemistry around the same time I got back into Rayman; so when I theorize about Toons' origins, you're about to get scienced!

8. I don't LOVE Mister Dark; I ADMIRE him for being an excellent strategist w/a sadistic Vegeta-like sense of humor!

AlyTheRaygirl
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by AlyTheRaygirl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:31 am

Awesome! So awesome!!!!! :mrgreen:

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 am

Whoa, the composer of most of the music from Rayman 1? That's cool! And you're going to remake the music? Nice! Can't wait to see this project bloom!

Rayrobi
Clark
Tings: 115130

Post by Rayrobi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Adsolution wrote:
Whoa wait, who do you mean by "we"?

technology4617
Antitoon

Post by technology4617 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:45 pm

AlyTheRaygirl wrote:Awesome! So awesome!!!!! :mrgreen:
introductiation
Rayrobi wrote:
Adsolution wrote:
Whoa wait, who do you mean by "we"?
Meaning the development team, which possibly might include me if I can do a good enough VA job for the Musician.

Disionity
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:04 pm

This is fantastic. Rayman 1 has one of my favorite video game soundtracks, as well is one of my favorite games to boot. Now to finally see all of those compositions performed by proper instruments,... it's just magical. I'm truly ecstatic, you have my full support, Mr. Gazel.

rgazel
Pizzicatta

Post by rgazel » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Disionity wrote:This is fantastic. Rayman 1 has one of my favorite video game soundtracks, as well is one of my favorite games to boot. Now to finally see all of those compositions performed by proper instruments,... it's just magical. I'm truly ecstatic, you have my full support, Mr. Gazel.
Thank's a lot, I hope you will not be disappointed by the result :)
Rémi