Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Imco
Clark
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:16 pm
Location: Somewhere only we know
Contact:
Tings: 123535

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Imco » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:36 pm

rgazel wrote:
Disionity wrote:This is fantastic. Rayman 1 has one of my favorite video game soundtracks, as well is one of my favorite games to boot. Now to finally see all of those compositions performed by proper instruments,... it's just magical. I'm truly ecstatic, you have my full support, Mr. Gazel.
Thank's a lot, I hope you will not be disappointed by the result :)
Rémi, I know I speak for a lot of us. We. Won't. EVER. Be. Dissapointed.
Image
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Waaouh.... what can I answer that?
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Haruka » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Mister Rémi, I have a question to do to you.

I actually have got a project on my YouTube channel running for a while called "Rayman video catalogue". Its main goal is to archive official videos or relevant videos about the Rayman franchise to be easily available for every fan to watch. I have divided the project per game title, one of them being "Rayman 1 video catalogue". Knowing that you intend to upload videos on YouTube with the songs of your orchestra, I would like to know if I perhaps could also have the same content displayed on the "Rayman 1 video catalogue" playlist (I would evidently include the credits to you and your orchestra, while inviting watchers to visit the real link). I would only do this under your permission. If it is not possible, I totally understand and respect that.

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:19 am

Haruka wrote:Mister Rémi, I have a question to do to you.

I actually have got a project on my YouTube channel running for a while called "Rayman video catalogue". Its main goal is to archive official videos or relevant videos about the Rayman franchise to be easily available for every fan to watch. I have divided the project per game title, one of them being "Rayman 1 video catalogue". Knowing that you intend to upload videos on YouTube with the songs of your orchestra, I would like to know if I perhaps could also have the same content displayed on the "Rayman 1 video catalogue" playlist (I would evidently include the credits to you and your orchestra, while inviting watchers to visit the real link). I would only do this under your permission. If it is not possible, I totally understand and respect that.
Hi Haruka, I think It would be a great idea :) Let me know about the progress of your project...
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

OCG
Roméo Patti
Posts: 18552
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am
Location: RPC Pirate Ship
Contact:
Tings: 9620

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by OCG » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

I will also make a promotion video for the website soon.
Image
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Haruka » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Thank you, mister Rémi! :D

I also have other question to do. Do you need any gameplay videos of Rayman 1 for your project? If you need, I invite you to check out my YouTube channel, that has got full walkthroughs of different Rayman 1 versions, including the PlayStation one that shows up all the musical work you did. You could use the videos. :)

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:38 am

Haruka wrote:Thank you, mister Rémi! :D

I also have other question to do. Do you need any gameplay videos of Rayman 1 for your project? If you need, I invite you to check out my YouTube channel, that has got full walkthroughs of different Rayman 1 versions, including the PlayStation one that shows up all the musical work you did. You could use the videos. :)
Yes I need :) One of my ideas, if the project works well, is to project some gameplays while we play the musics, in live. Of course, the images will match the corresponding music (pfffffffffffffffff, so sorry for my very very bad english :(
But the point to consider is if we want to project on a large screen, we need some HD videos... are you videos hd ?
I just watched this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDw8tdkV ... verview-vl and it seems the max resolution is 480p, which is not sufficient for a large screen.
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

OCG
Roméo Patti
Posts: 18552
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am
Location: RPC Pirate Ship
Contact:
Tings: 9620

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by OCG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:09 am

I think that the problem was that YouTube didn't support HD videos back then when Haruka recorded (or did they? I can't quite remember).
I do have full HD videos of Rayman 1 but it is Sega Saturn version and I don't play that good like Haruka does (it is not terrible but she is a better player than me).
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... F7NxrdmSbk
Image
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:34 am

OldClassicGamer wrote:I think that the problem was that YouTube didn't support HD videos back then when Haruka recorded (or did they? I can't quite remember).
I do have full HD videos of Rayman 1 but it is Sega Saturn version and I don't play that good like Haruka does (it is not terrible but she is a better player than me).
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... F7NxrdmSbk
Thank's OCG, I've seen your videos too :)
Perhap's I can organize a new contest for the best actuals Rayman 1 gameplays ? :D
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

OCG
Roméo Patti
Posts: 18552
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am
Location: RPC Pirate Ship
Contact:
Tings: 9620

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by OCG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:22 pm

That would probably be best idea since everyone gets a chance.
Image
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Posts: 11776
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Yes
Tings: 2675

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Snagglebee » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 pm

rgazel wrote:Perhap's I can organize a new contest for the best actuals Rayman 1 gameplays ? :D
*starts recording from my saturn*
btw. I can provide high quality footage by using my Scart RGB signal, my RGB to HDMI upscaler and my Elgato Game Capture HD.
Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Haruka » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:26 pm

rgazel wrote: But the point to consider is if we want to project on a large screen, we need some HD videos... are you videos hd ?
I just watched this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDw8tdkV ... verview-vl and it seems the max resolution is 480p, which is not sufficient for a large screen.
Ah right, sadly mines are not in HD, because like OldClassicGamer said after, at the time I've recorded the walkthroughs, YouTube was not supporting HD footage.

Well, a contest could be interesting. :D

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Posts: 11776
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Yes
Tings: 2675

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Snagglebee » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm

I just started a new Playlist featuring the Saturn version of Rayman 1. The videos are recorded a 1080p quality from an actual console using the RGB signal:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz
Image

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Great !
For those who want to make new gameplays, I'll create a new page on the Rayman 1 Musics and I will publish them on the site.
And if the project materializes as I wish, I would like to make a selection of the best, with your authorization and with your credits, for
broadcast during the concert.
Attention, it must not contain references videos infringing copyright (no brand ...).
To be used on a large projection screen, the resolution must be the highest possible.
The ideal would be that your videos have only phases games without cinematics.

Here is the list of music used for the project Rayman 1 Musics:

Dream Forest (pink plant woods)
Mr.Moskito mosquito's nest (the swamps of forgetfulness) (speed increase)
Mr.Sax
The Caves of Skops (joe1)
Crystal palace (La grotte)
Mr.Skops
Candy Chateau (le cirque - The mad race)
Mr.Dark
Bonus (magicien)
Continue? (replay)
Credits (joe2)
Perdu (game over)

Thank you all for your participation :)
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Haruka » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 pm

I see. I think I can record few videos in purpose for the matter. Is there any deadline?

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Haruka wrote:I see. I think I can record few videos in purpose for the matter. Is there any deadline?
No deadline Haruka, take cool, we have time :)
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

OCG
Roméo Patti
Posts: 18552
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am
Location: RPC Pirate Ship
Contact:
Tings: 9620

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by OCG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:08 pm

In my Rayman 1 Sega Saturn recording, there is a watermark with my logo in corner. Is that a problem for participating?
Image
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Haruka » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:08 pm

That's good. I will try to do some videos everytime I have the chance. I'll try to make them in high quality.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Master » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Blimey, not a shortage of eager contributors, hm?
I wish I could play more of a role myself, but without adequate equipment, I can only offer my best wishes.
Image

rgazel
Pizzicatta
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am
Location: France
Contact:
Tings: 3200

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by rgazel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote:In my Rayman 1 Sega Saturn recording, there is a watermark with my logo in corner. Is that a problem for participating?
No, it's ok for your watermark, but not a brand like Ubisoft for example...
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com


"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"

Post Reply