Rayman 3 Manual differences

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 395

Rayman 3 Manual differences

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

EDIT: Me and Hunch spoke and I have now decided to add a list of all the manual prints we currently need. Basically, we're going to have this thread as a main thread for all the rayman manuals (currently we're only doing rayman 3 manuals) and have their differences and console information with them (like my xbox and gamecube examples below.

If anyone can send me PDF files or links to manuals for rayman 3, they would be appreciated :)

thanks!

I've not actually seen a thread like this, apart from the actual game comparisons and to be quite honest, there's not much of a difference in the manuals but there are a few things people may have missed such as colour changes,layouts, sizes and more.. I'll split these up into different sections to make it easier to navigate.

Currently, i have only got images from XBOX (original) and GAMECUBE versions of the game since I cannot find the other console manuals at this current time but if anyone can find me them online or if i eventually find them I will consider updating this post.

Front of the manual comparison

XBOX - http://imgur.com/EdUu1fS

The front of the xbox manual is red, shows the rayman 3 logo and xbox logos respectively, it is has the hoodlum patches and stitches around it for design.

GAMECUBE - http://imgur.com/jhxUAQE

The front of the gamecube manual is the front cover of the game, the same shown on all rayman 3 console game boxes and it also has the words "instruction booklet" in both english and german. The UBISOFT and GAMECUBE logo are displayed in the bottom right hand corner.

Back of the manual comparison

XBOX - http://imgur.com/Ji7xF7H

The manual shows a rayman mugshot / target and the link to the now rayman legends homepage, http://www.raymanzone.com (which originally had downloads, forums and much more based around R3.) It follows the same as front with it's hoodlum stitching and patch design and is in full colour (red) and has a ubisoft logo.)

GAMECUBE - http://imgur.com/O6zCTq2

The manual is pretty much identical apart from the colour which is light and dark blue. It also has copyright information, Ubisoft's HQ address and printing information (origins etc.)

Inside the manual, various page comparison

XBOX - http://imgur.com/DqxbR1u,jTv5i8A

Fully in colour and shows the UK warranty on it's contents page, how to use the xbox and control pad etc.

GAMECUBE - http://imgur.com/P7jxP4W

Fully black and white, more information and the pages are different, eg. the story is page 2, unlike the xbox's which is page 4. It also includes a page about how to use the Gameboy advance to get extra levels.

To be continued...?

I know it seems pointless but it's actually quite interesting. I own all the ports of Rayman 3 and I found quite alot of good information and differences. Want more? Leave a comment telling me so! :) thank you.

Edit: LIST OF MANUAL VERSIONS WE NEED -

- Playstation 2
- N-GAGE
- PC
- Gameboy Advance

- IMA14
Last edited by IMissAndy2014 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I Miss Andy..." - Globox

Proud rayman fan since 1990 something when my grandparents thought a random game would be a good birthday present for my PC. They were right. Rayman is the best :3

IMA2014

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Re: Rayman 3 Manual differences

Post by OCG »

Cool. I remember I owned Xbox version but I sold it because it had some issues with loading game. Manual is awesome.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Hm, it's a minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but intriguing nonetheless, thanks for sharing.
On the note of manuals, I know other wikis have scanned manuals as part of their data archives, anyone want to chime in as to whether or not we should offer a like facility?

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

There's a shop near my town which sells older games pretty cheap so i got rayman 3 on xbox for just £3.00.

Yeah, Master, that's a pretty good service, i'd find that pretty interesting. Want me to add more of this thread? there's alot more information and things I could add c:

Proud rayman fan since 1990 something when my grandparents thought a random game would be a good birthday present for my PC. They were right. Rayman is the best :3

IMA2014

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

I wouldn't do anything yet, let's hear what my peers have to say first, but know that I personally am for the idea.

RibShark
Matuvu
Tings: 120

Post by RibShark »

Do you own the mac version of Rayman 3? If so, is it true that the mac version supports widescreen without any issues?

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

Master wrote:I wouldn't do anything yet, let's hear what my peers have to say first, but know that I personally am for the idea.
Hm, okay :)

IMA2014

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

RibShark wrote:Do you own the mac version of Rayman 3? If so, is it true that the mac version supports widescreen without any issues?
Unfortunately not, but I hear you're making a widescreen patch for R3, right? Good luck on that! :) I'll try and find the Mac version soon though and get back to you, but I don't own a mac so there's no point really getting it. I heard it has some errors, graphically, but i'm not really sure.

IMA2014

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Somebody could download Mac version from here and confirm it: http://download.cnet.com/Rayman-3/3000- ... 47931.html
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

Master wrote:Hm, it's a minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but intriguing nonetheless, thanks for sharing.
On the note of manuals, I know other wikis have scanned manuals as part of their data archives, anyone want to chime in as to whether or not we should offer a like facility?
So, master, if this thing is "greenlighted", we're basically gonna use my thread as a page for manual differences and such? :)

IMA2014

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

If we get a response, we'd co-ordinate such an endeavour, so there's every chance this thread might see some usage.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 561469

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:On the note of manuals, I know other wikis have scanned manuals as part of their data archives, anyone want to chime in as to whether or not we should offer a like facility?
It'd definitely be great to have these.

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78495

Post by Cairnie »

I may still have my PS2 copy as well as the anniversary edition (I'll have to wait till I get home tomorrow) if these are needed.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

Great! That would be awesome if this thread was used :) Any manual prints are welcome :D

IMA2014

IMissAndy2014
Obus à Pattes

Post by IMissAndy2014 »

bumpity-bump. So, uh, any manuals?

IMA2014

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

I've been occupied getting screenshots of Rayman Jungle Run, and I'm currently busy trying to unlock every level in Fiesta Run to get screenshots of those, however, I think I've added manuals on my to-do list, so I'll get whatever I can in at some point.

Cairnie
Magicien

Post by Cairnie »

I can confirm that I've still got my PS2 copy so if you want me to scan them (may have to start that tomorrow) I can.

so wuz old psn banner

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Hmm, given that this is now more a general project, do you think we should change the thread title to something like "The Rayman Manual Scanning Project," or something to that effect?

EDIT: I've managed to locate my PS2 R3 and Revolution manuals, seems like they weren't lost when the games themselves were sold on.

EDIT 2: Seeing as I've got time to spare, I've started the Revolution manual.

EDIT 3: The Revolution manual of mine is now fully scanned, see it here, note that the preview is of lower quality, download to see the full quality scan.

Cairnie
Magicien

Post by Cairnie »

Do you still want me to scan the R3 manual or do you wanna do it Master?

so wuz old psn banner

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

The manual's twice as big as the Revolution's, I don't mind doing it, but not at the moment, took me a good hour or so to get Revolution's. Though I have no qualms if someone else wants to do it instead.