Favourite Rayman Game Survey

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Dart
Musicien
Tings: 48085

Re: Favourite Rayman Game Survey

Postby Dart » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:02 am

Glad to see we can all agree that Rayman 3 is the best game in the franchise! B)
[Miiverse/PSN: DartThePirate] [My Steam] [My Art Blog]
Dart wrote:"...and I think that's a powerful thing, that we can feel and learn very real and human things through fictional people."

PluMGMK
Ly
Tings: 93265

Postby PluMGMK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:32 pm

It's a result that I honestly wouldn't have expected. It's funny how it only recently became my favourite too.
Xenon wrote:Any user registered on Pirate Community who has made more than 100 posts is a cruel heartless scavenger!
incognito wrote:Yeah, with all that shit it's like if the forums collided with the Skype Chat, couldn't people do like where I live and solve their problem with rocks and broken glass bottles?! At least that gives forensics some job.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 370720

Postby Master » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Concurred, especially how many folks tend to deride R3 onwards for their more light hearted and zany tone. That being said, while most express a preference for Rayman 3, it seem that Rayman 2 is the highest rated on average, though it looks like the other titles (except R1) aren't as far behind as they were the last time I looked.

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24932

Postby Bzzit » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 pm

PluMGMK wrote:It's a result that I honestly wouldn't have expected. It's funny how it only recently became my favourite too.

What made you realize it was your favourite?

Steam/PSN/NN-ID: Frinker
Youtube - Iain2k7

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Looks like we may have been a bit hasty in our conclusions (well, this is meant to run for the whole year, so it's a given), Rayman 2 has been boosted to being only one favourite behind Rayman 3. Meanwhile, it's gained a bit of a lead on the average scores.

Ray502
Spécial Rayman 2
Tings: 35334

Postby Ray502 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:43 pm

I think Rayman 1 doesn't get enough respect and gets too much heat because of how certain players have trouble with completing the game. Granted, it was never play-tested, which would be a flaw to those struggling players. But in my opinion, I like that it's a challenge. I want a challenge in a game, and R1 really gave me that for years before I was finally able to complete it 100%. Now, its just a simple, easy game now for me to play. Rayman 3 is a great game, the scoring system is an excellent addition, and maybe I would put it over R2 as my 2nd favorite in the series if wasn't for Globox and Murfy going through character devolution.
Image Image

My Rayman fangames

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Announcement Coming Soon!)

Adsolution
Ambre Écueil
Tings: 6050

Postby Adsolution » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

I mostly agree with you, though not regarding Globox and Murfy. Globox, whatever, but I can't comprehend how Murfy going from a literal help window to a sassy, Billy West tour guide is in any way a devolution. That's like saying humans are a devolution of sticks because they're capable of killing one another or something.
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.

Drolpiraat
Musicien
Tings: 49590

Postby Drolpiraat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 pm

It's just an evolution that a lot of people don't like. Globox and Murfy's characters weren't defined as well in R2 but from what we saw of them, they did act like they were taking everything a lot more seriously than in R3 - Murfy especially went from a fly that surveys the area around Rayman and warns him about dangers to a comic relief character that seems pretty dumb since he reads all of his info from a book and jokes around in what should actually be a pretty serious situation. I guess it's mostly just because some people (including myself) didn't like the humor though - they have different styles of humor. That's why I think the decision to make Rayman games more comedy-focused from R3 on wasn't a very good one, since a specific style of humor excludes large groups of the target audience.

Ray502
Spécial Rayman 2
Tings: 35334

Postby Ray502 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Another thing that kinda annoys me is how while Globox and Murfy change, Rayman doesn't. Compared to R2, he slightly matured, where he already was a mature, taking everything serious hero. It's kinda like Rayman is the leader, and Globox is the goofy, unhelpful sidekick, which he was none of that in R2. And whatever happened to the rain dance he did? That's just my two cents there. Everything else about R3 is great, just the humor take didn't work out well. Origins/Legends, everyone went goofy, which was terrible. But that's a different discussion.

Adsolution wrote:literal help window to a sassy, Billy West tour guide

EDIT: You basically answered it right there. Murfy actually gave Rayman guidance and tips throughout R2, and did it in a more laid-back mode. In R3, he is too energetic, and makes sarcastic comments and references. He's actually more of a burden.
Image Image

My Rayman fangames

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Announcement Coming Soon!)

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 am

Hmm, it is interesting to see that there currently seems to be a 50:50 split in preference between the titles considered as wackier (R3, RO and RL), and the ones considered to be more serious (R1 and R2). Of course, there's probably more to it than wackiness, but still, rather interesting.

PluMGMK
Ly
Tings: 93265

Postby PluMGMK » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:59 am

Bzzit wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:It's a result that I honestly wouldn't have expected. It's funny how it only recently became my favourite too.
What made you realize it was your favourite?
I think listening to the soundtrack helped. I picked up on things I hadn't noticed while in the game, like the echoes of the Mad Spirits in the tower in the Land of the Livid Dead. There's also the beautiful part of "the Moonlit Swamps" which you normally don't hear in-game since you need to stand around for ages. I admit that's a problem with the presentation of the soundtrack in-game.
Also, as my score keeps inching towards 500k the game makes me feel more and more satisfied! :P
Xenon wrote:Any user registered on Pirate Community who has made more than 100 posts is a cruel heartless scavenger!
incognito wrote:Yeah, with all that shit it's like if the forums collided with the Skype Chat, couldn't people do like where I live and solve their problem with rocks and broken glass bottles?! At least that gives forensics some job.

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Looks like Rayman 2 and 3 are now tied, with 38.5% each. Overall, 77% of those surveyed have preference towards one of the 3D titles, interestingly.

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like Rayman 3 now leads once more.

Return to “Rayman”