Rayman himself

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

WizardMinecraft
Mouru
Tings: 800

Re: Rayman himself

Postby WizardMinecraft » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 am

Polokus wrote:Probs been mentioned before but I've only just realised!

Why is Rayman always asleep?
at the start of (almost) ever game the lazy s.o.b is sleeping. :lol: :lol:

Why?, is it just a recurring quirk or is there any reason you can think of?

Maybe Its Due To The Fact Rayman Doesn't Have Nothing Better To Do If There Isn't A Villain To Face.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3135

Postby PluMGMK » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 am

Haruka wrote:Well, that Instagram post surely opens room for speculation. Does this means that the UbiArt games aren't really cannon? Would be funny actually to think about it :mryellow:. Now then, it is pretty vague. He could be just saying that for just saying "what people want to read" or talking for real. As far they do bring a 3D title on surface I do not really care if it is a 4, or any other name.
Well, as I was saying to boombo, maybe it's Rayman 3 he's ignoring, since he didn't work on it, and then he's treating the UbiArt games as one long adventure. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 396410

Postby Master » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Bit ironic then, given that's a Rayman 3 statue he's musing over. :P

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3135

Postby PluMGMK » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Maybe when he called it "pathetic" he was actually referring to that ignominious incarnation of his character!
ImageImage

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 396410

Postby Master » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Perhaps, but he still used it as a basis for his UbiArt designs, and wholesale for Raving Rabbids.

CHRdutch
Murray
Tings: 20485

Postby CHRdutch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Maybe he was trying to say that he thinks that that shitty thrash game called "Rayman 3" belongs in a pawn shop.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...

Record Day 2015 madness

Thebananacrafter!
Boomboleros
Tings: 1615

Postby Thebananacrafter! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:01 pm

I wonder how Rayman eats, ya know? he has no neck or throat, does he just have a portal in his mouth that goes to his stomach? its just real strange

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama
Tings: 6650

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Thebananacrafter! wrote:I wonder how Rayman eats, ya know? he has no neck or throat, does he just have a portal in his mouth that goes to his stomach? its just real strange

I think Rayman does have arms, legs and a neck. They are probably just imaginary. :hehe:

Aaron
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 1575

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:54 pm

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Thebananacrafter! wrote:I wonder how Rayman eats, ya know? he has no neck or throat, does he just have a portal in his mouth that goes to his stomach? its just real strange

I think Rayman does have arms, legs and a neck. They are probably just imaginary. :hehe:

Michel Ancel said that he was worried that Rayman's arms and legs would break. And so because of that, he didn't make limbs for him.
Signature made by R4Y_ANC3L

Aaron
Magicien Ptizetre

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:59 pm

By the way, I really like how he charges up his fist in Rayman 2 and then after a while electric sparks come out. It looks really cool!
And I also love how also in Rayman 2, if you don't do anything for a while an idle animation will play where Rayman takes his hoodie out and spins it like a basketball.
That's pretty cool too.

WizardMinecraft
Mouru
Tings: 800

Postby WizardMinecraft » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Aaron wrote:Michel Ancel said that he was worried that Rayman's arms and legs would break. And so because of that, he didn't make limbs for him.

Rayman's limbs could break if he did some moves that are impossible to do without Causing injury to yourself in real life. (i.e walking up 45 degree ramps)

Aaron
Magicien Ptizetre

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Yeah, you're right.

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Aaron, Don't forget that you are not supposed to double-post. That's a "No-no" here. You only need to wait until someone else posts in order to post again.
But otherwise, use the Edit Button. (which is the icon with the square and little pencil) :wink:

The animation that I like is in Rayman Revolution where Rayman fires a charged shot and he looks as if he actually doing a "Kame-Hame-Ha" from Dragon Ball Z.

Aaron wrote:Michel Ancel said that he was worried that Rayman's arms and legs would break. And so because of that, he didn't make limbs for him.

Oh, well that's interesting. It is like a doctor's recommendation.

Aaron
Magicien Ptizetre

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:20 pm

The Kame-Hame-Ha is pretty cool too! Oh, and sorry for double-posting. I didn't know that it wasn't allowed. :oops2:

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Is anyone else confused at the fact that in the cutscene where Rayman discovers that Clark is sick in the Menhir Hills, this question is asked to Rayman?

Clark asked: "Hey little buddy, you wanna arm wrestle?
He doesn't actually have any arms. I didn't really realize this thought when I was younger.

Aaron
Magicien Ptizetre

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Yeah, now that I actually think about it, I never realized that before! How come the developers didn't think of that?

Adsolution
Sandra Misu
Tings: 4562

Postby Adsolution » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm

that's probably the joke
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

Aaron
Magicien Ptizetre

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Oh, okay then. :D

Rulez
Grand-Mère
Tings: 595

Postby Rulez » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:32 pm

R4Y_ANC3L wrote:Is anyone else confused at the fact that in the cutscene where Rayman discovers that Clark is sick in the Menhir Hills, this question is asked to Rayman?

Clark asked: "Hey little buddy, you wanna arm wrestle?
He doesn't actually have any arms. I didn't really realize this thought when I was younger.
Not really. That's clearly a play on the fact that Rayman doesn't have any arms, and since he doesn't, how could he possibly arm wrestle!? :fou2: :oops2:

Polokus
Feuillu
Tings: 410

Postby Polokus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:15 pm

Just came across an article there about how Scotland has been voted the number one most Beautiful country!
So I started to have a browse through Google images and honestly, The first thing that came to mind was Rayman, I seriously thought I was looking at real life renditions or Rayman's World.
I know Rayman is obviously French if confined to earth but Michel most definitely took some inspiration from Scotland for the scenery design.

I also found out that Scotland has the biggest range of "Geographical Features" from rocky, snow cap mountains and white sandy beaches to vast forests and lakes. (And The Waterfalls :shock: )

Even things like the Loch Ness Monster and the overall mystical fairytale like vibe feel like their plucked straight from a Rayman game.

What do you guys think, obviously Rayman could take influence from anywhere, but take a look at some pictures of Scotland and see if you understand what I mean, i'm curious :D

Return to “Rayman”