Rayman 3 Shadow/Texture Issues

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Madirex
Électoon
Tings: 5

Re: Rayman 3 Shadow/Texture Issues

Post by Madirex »

Hi! I'm new to this community and I come to give the solution to this problem (Sorry for my English, I speak Spanish).

The problem arises because the new display drivers, the game is incompatible with them, making these errors cause textures.

There is an option, but not recommended.

Reverse display driver (Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display adapters -> right click -> properties -> Roll Back Driver)

What is the problem with this option?
Some of the latest games will malfunction, they will slow, will not work, enter into small screen, low quality.
Netaro
Lums Rouge
Tings: 55

Post by Netaro »

Okay guys! I fixed it! The fix doesn't make any sense and I'm not sure if it'll work for anybody else but I actually changed TnL = 0 to TnL = 1. Normally the fix should be the other way around but this actually fixed all of my problems.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Netaro wrote:"Rayman 3 already runs and looks well on PC, so we don't need to make Rayman3 HD for PC" -Ubisoft
Yeah right.
The game doesn't even run for me xD
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Translation please. :pfff:
CHRdutch
El Stomacho

Post by CHRdutch »

That's just Directplay refusing to install :pascontent:
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

I'm wondering if it didn't already happened to me, try to install the 3.5 Framework.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho

Post by CHRdutch »

It already was installed
Attachments
net framework.PNG
Record Day 2015 madness
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

CHRdutch wrote:It already was installed
Was it done with the x64 dvd and the command line trick ?
CHRdutch
El Stomacho

Post by CHRdutch »

incognito wrote:
CHRdutch wrote:It already was installed
Was it done with the x64 dvd and the command line trick ?
Record Day 2015 madness
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

I guess you're under Windows 8, so :

Code: Select all

cd

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Replace "F" by your disk, *with a girly voice* Good luck !
CHRdutch
El Stomacho

Post by CHRdutch »

incognito wrote:I guess you're under Windows 8, so :

cd

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Replace "F" by your disk, *with a girly voice* Good luck !
I tried it, DirectPlay still gives a giant middlefinger. :fou:
Record Day 2015 madness
raymanik01
Tribelle
Tings: 275

Post by raymanik01 »

i have the same problem.
when TnL = 0 i have a problem when nothing of character's textures ( and most of environment ) are disappeared.
when TnL = 1 some of textures are just black ( not all, only some of them are disappeared )

i really need help, because in the last system it worked ( worked on windows 7, even after upgrading to W 10. ) now, when i formatted , and from the beggining it was windows 10, i can not fix that.
help
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

raymanik01 wrote:i have the same problem.
when TnL = 0 i have a problem when nothing of character's textures ( and most of environment ) are disappeared.
when TnL = 1 some of textures are just black ( not all, only some of them are disappeared )

i really need help, because in the last system it worked ( worked on windows 7, even after upgrading to W 10. ) now, when i formatted , and from the beggining it was windows 10, i can not fix that.
help
Try this: http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 7#p1109422
It helped for me at least
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Rayman 3 GOG.com works fine to me.Try running as administrator.
kristaldoodle
Antitoon

Post by kristaldoodle »

If you're having problems running the GOG version of Rayman 3, (either installing or Directplay being an arse), this has to be the dumbest way, but it worked for me to start playing Rayman 3 again on PC.
I use a x64 Windows 10 computer with an i5 in it and 8Gb of RAM and my way of fixing the directplay issue and installing the damn thing properly was :
-Put Rayman 3 in Windows XP compatibility mode by right clicking and selecting "Troubleshoot Compatibility".
- It will start 'installing' Directplay. All PCs using Windows 8 and 10 come with DirectX (and Directplay) so it's gonna turn itself on.
-Put your compatibility mode back to Windows 8-10. Or else Rayman 3 just crashes upon boot (why).
je parle en Francais aussi. (je suis quebecoise).
Karozilla
Électoon

Post by Karozilla »

Hey i have some problems in Rayman 3 HH i tried diffrent ways to fix it but without results...anyone know how to fix it?
this is a picutre with the problem:
http://imgur.com/a/UT1LM

System:
Windows 7 (64bit)
Procesor:
Intel(R)Celeron(R)
CPU B815 1.60 GHz

Thanks for help :)
RayHeart
Électoon

Post by RayHeart »

Hello, everyone, I am new to this forum and I've got the same problem as OP had. No one of advices mentioned in this topic worked for me. For better demonstration of my problem I am including a small album on imgur.com: http://imgur.com/a/oJVpr. I am using Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, running the game on laptop (Packard Bell), using Intel Pentium CPU 2020M @ 2,40 GHz Processor, with my display using Intel HD Graphics, my graphic card is nVidia GeForce 710 M. I am having an original Rayman 3 Copy, and I also tired GOG version of the game. While I am troubleshooting problems on my laptop, game runs without any problems in Full HD on my desktop computer. Can somenone help me with this issue? Any help will be much appreciated. :)
rickiewars
Électoon

Post by rickiewars »

I think i found the solution.

Firstly download better rayman 3 at viewtopic.php?t=12854 and install it into your game directory.
After installation head over to the game directory and launch R3_Setup_DX8.exe (NOT AS ADMINISTRATOR!!!)
Now check the checkbox what sais "Hardware Vertex Processing".
Press ok and launch the game normaly.

It worked for me so far.
My settings in the C:\Windows\Ubisoft\Ubi.ini file are as default (TnL=1)

I hope this helped!
Attachments
Settings.PNG
Game result.png
FenderBender69
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by FenderBender69 »

I fixed all my textures!!!(Solution)

I have the GOG version of the game and all most of my textures were missing, character models were all grey, most of the map was missing, couldn't see lums.
I fixed this issue and got my textures working normally as they should and here's how:
- First get GOG version of game
- Download "Better Rayman 3" (Look it up if you dont know what it is)
- Copy all files from "Better Rayman 3" into the same file as your game
- Open "BR3_Config.exe and deselect "Hardware Vertex Processing"
At this stage if you open up your game most of the textures will have been 80% of the textures will have been fixed but now theres all these black patches as if some textures had been blacked out all over the map. Here's the fix:
- Open a file up called "d3d8.ini"
- Set D3d8to9 from 0 to 1
- Set DdrawCompat from 0 to 1
- Set ForceTermination from 0 to 1
- Set SingleProcAffinity from 0 to 1
- Save file
(If you cant save the file because you dont have access:
- Right click the file
- Select "Properties"
- Select "Security" tab
- Select "edit"
- Click on your computer and Select "Full Access"
- Apply changes and close)
If this works your game should run with full textures.
If the game is lagging or still not working go back into "BR3_Config.exe" and turn "Hardware Vertex Processing" back on.
At this stage game should be fully functional.
Some people have solved these issues by simply going to a file called "ubi.ini" and changing "TnL" from 1 to 0. I highly recommend trying this too.
I doubt anyone will see this in 2020 but i hope i can help out atleast someone trying to play this great game.