Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Bionichute
Glombrox
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 am
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Bradandez wrote:
Simina-Cindy wrote:Is there a reason for that?
1) Pointless. Super Mario 64 and New Super Mario Bros. are entirely different games but they're still under the main series. Why can't that apply to Rayman too?

2) It's inevitable that if you did separate the series, you're going to have high nosed fans dissing the existence of the UbiArt games as not real Rayman games, which they are.

Rayman 1, Origins, Legends have all hits of surrealism. Can't say for 3 because I have still not played it. Rayman 2's surrealism never made me believe this was a far away place. It seemed "normal".
As someone who has played 3, I can say that it is honestly the surrealist Rayman game.
Image

Simina-Cindy
Flabard
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 am
Contact:
Tings: 190

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Simina-Cindy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Bradandez wrote:
Simina-Cindy wrote:Is there a reason for that?
1) Pointless. Super Mario 64 and New Super Mario Bros. are entirely different games but they're still under the main series. Why can't that apply to Rayman too?

2) It's inevitable that if you did separate the series, you're going to have high nosed fans dissing the existence of the UbiArt games as not real Rayman games, which they are.

Rayman 1, Origins, Legends have all hits of surrealism. Can't say for 3 because I have still not played it. Rayman 2's surrealism never made me believe this was a far away place. It seemed "normal".
1) Mario is completely different than Rayman. Mario has little to no consistency with its "world". It's just random. Rayman, even though also all over the place, is MEANT to have some consistency, and that consistency is mainly in the world, which Origins and Legends just keep changing.

2) I don't deny that that might happen, but to be honest, who cares? No matter what choice UbiArt make, there's always gonna bitching fans. We're all doing that right now haha.

And yeah, Rayman 2 is alright (I don't get how it's many people's favorite Rayman game). But wtf, you didn't play Rayman 3? What are you waiting for? :D You'll see how much better the world looks in that than in any of the new (and old) Rayman games! It's definitely the most surreal.
Image <-- Click here to join the Tily Fanclub!
Image

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:04 pm

I can call myself a Rayman fan. I enjoy most of the games, just because I haven't experienced R3 myself doesn't mean anything otherwise. Would you like to buy me a Gamepad in order to play it? I have it on my PC but I refuse to play it with a mouse and keyboard.

Do you want Legends to have the same worlds as the previous games? If you're going to have the same locations in every game, then it's going to get really stale if it continues.

And no way is that going to happen. Rayman Origins and Legends are hallmarks in my video game history. They left such an impact not only on my art skills but how I view on my art skills to grow. These games cannot be topped by any previous game in the series. I'm so invested into the art, the worlds, music, characters, and just everything about them.

Sabertooth
Joe
Posts: 5015
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 am
Location: Probably somewhere
Contact:
Tings: 53290

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Simina-Cindy wrote: 2) I don't deny that that might happen, but to be honest, who cares? No matter what choice UbiArt make, there's always gonna bitching fans. We're all doing that right now haha.
I'd say this is more like a constructive discussion about our individual ideals for the series's future. Let's give ourselves some credit here, no one is typing in all caps and complaining on the basis that the new stuff is different.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Posts: 6238
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm
Tings: 1772

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by DandyGuy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Bradandez wrote:I can call myself a Rayman fan. I enjoy most of the games, just because I haven't experienced R3 myself doesn't mean anything otherwise. Would you like to buy me a Gamepad in order to play it? I have it on my PC but I refuse to play it with a mouse and keyboard.

Do you want Legends to have the same worlds as the previous games? If you're going to have the same locations in every game, then it's going to get really stale if it continues.

And no way is that going to happen. Rayman Origins and Legends are hallmarks in my video game history. They left such an impact not only on my art skills but how I view on my art skills to grow. These games cannot be topped by any previous game in the series. I'm so invested into the art, the worlds, music, characters, and just everything about them.
Thats what made the first 3 so great. More so in 1 because of how inspired the game was even right down to the music. Origins and Legends fell forced. As if they directly took from Greek mythology rather than be inspired from it.

Simina-Cindy
Flabard
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 am
Contact:
Tings: 190

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Simina-Cindy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Bradandez wrote:I can call myself a Rayman fan. I enjoy most of the games, just because I haven't experienced R3 myself doesn't mean anything otherwise. Would you like to buy me a Gamepad in order to play it? I have it on my PC but I refuse to play it with a mouse and keyboard.

Do you want Legends to have the same worlds as the previous games? If you're going to have the same locations in every game, then it's going to get really stale if it continues.

And no way is that going to happen. Rayman Origins and Legends are hallmarks in my video game history. They left such an impact not only on my art skills but how I view on my art skills to grow. These games cannot be topped by any previous game in the series. I'm so invested into the art, the worlds, music, characters, and just everything about them.
Lol, I never said you're not a true Rayman fan. I'm just telling you Rayman 3 is really good. And the way you're playing the game has nothing to do with the game, it's just your own taste in the way you play a game (you don't use a mouse btw).

And I don't think you understand me at all. I never said "yes, recreate the same exact locations", it's all about style. They can be completely new areas but still be in the same style. The same way how the locations in Legends are different than the ones in Origins, but they're in the same style. I don't know how you got the idea that I want the same places again.

And yeah, you can like Origins and Legends, that's totally fine, nobody said you're doing anything wrong. We're all just saying that they're going into a direction that doesn't really fit with the world they had previously created. And also, you can't really say that the new ones can't be topped by any previous game when you haven't played Rayman 3. If 1 and 2 can't top them, that's fine, but play Rayman 3 first, and then you can say that it can't top the new ones.
Image <-- Click here to join the Tily Fanclub!
Image

Simina-Cindy
Flabard
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 am
Contact:
Tings: 190

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Simina-Cindy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:
Simina-Cindy wrote: 2) I don't deny that that might happen, but to be honest, who cares? No matter what choice UbiArt make, there's always gonna bitching fans. We're all doing that right now haha.
I'd say this is more like a constructive discussion about our individual ideals for the series's future. Let's give ourselves some credit here, no one is typing in all caps and complaining on the basis that the new stuff is different.
Hehe, true. The sad thing is, no matter what we discuss here, what conclusion we get to and so on, we still can't control what UbiArts will do next. It's hard to please everyone. :/
Image <-- Click here to join the Tily Fanclub!
Image

Umarlak101
Tribelle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:57 pm
Location: Poland
Tings: 50

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Umarlak101 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Its only matter of time and that series has FALL.

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Opinions, opinions. I feel the new Rayman is more free and can expand more. While the old Dayman has been given a set of rules that has been set up by the fans and feels that it has to be followed. It's pretty constraining personally.

Droolie
Oumbr
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:31 pm
Tings: 54355

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Droolie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:54 pm

I wouldn't say that. Rayman has always been a series that evolved in one way or another.

Except ever since Origins it's devolving.

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Says the one who wants it to go back to the good ol' Rayman 2 days. Doesn't seem growing nor evolving at all if you do that, does it? Rayman's dead and we killed him.

Droolie
Oumbr
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:31 pm
Tings: 54355

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Droolie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 pm

I never said I wanted it to go back to the good ol' Rayman 2 days, nor that Rayman's dead and you killed him. Where'd you get that nonsense? :P
What I said previously about the series devolving since Origins wasn't entirely true either - I thought Legends was a better game than Origins. I just think that the step the developers took to evolve the Rayman series further was a step in the wrong direction.

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Jesus Christ, this is turning into a custody disrepute for a child that's not even our's.

But if this is the case, I'm the cool dad who sees that the kid is doing their best and can do much more better once the potential is there and you guys are the soccer moms who expects way too much of the kid right now, especially knowing the situation he's in.

Simina-Cindy
Flabard
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 am
Contact:
Tings: 190

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Simina-Cindy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:43 pm

At least they didn't stick with Rabbids.
Image <-- Click here to join the Tily Fanclub!
Image

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Posts: 6238
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm
Tings: 1772

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by DandyGuy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Bradandez wrote:Jesus Christ, this is turning into a custody disrepute for a child that's not even our's.

But if this is the case, I'm the cool dad who sees that the kid is doing their best and can do much more better once the potential is there and you guys are the soccer moms who expects way too much of the kid right now, especially knowing the situation he's in.
This is the kind of answer id expect from a tumblr user. Where talking about a vidya game not a child and the comparison is very dim at best.

Bionichute
Glombrox
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 am
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 pm

DandyGuy wrote:
Bradandez wrote:Jesus Christ, this is turning into a custody disrepute for a child that's not even our's.

But if this is the case, I'm the cool dad who sees that the kid is doing their best and can do much more better once the potential is there and you guys are the soccer moms who expects way too much of the kid right now, especially knowing the situation he's in.
This is the kind of answer id expect from a tumblr user. Where talking about a vidya game not a child and the comparison is very dim at best.
What's wrong with a Tumblr user?
Image

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 8093
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Tings: 5782

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by saerleiya » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 pm

Okay, haven't put my opinion there yet...

It looks O-K to me, but it's clear that all the assets were purely based on what Legends already had (backgrounds, animation, differences when compared to Origins, CGI, etc...).

The CGI part of the trailer is probably the most boring thing, because it's clear as water that it is EXACTLY 100% THE SAME as it was in the trailer introducing Barbara.

I am not disappointed by what the game will look like, or will be, or by the fact it will be for tablets and smartphones (I had told myself that Ubisoft might be able to make one more game out of UbiArt for Rayman, whether it be a real platformer for consoles or a handheld-type one). And I am happy that according to the footage sowed there it won't be a running game like RJR and RFR.

No...I am disappointed by the fact that it EXACTLY looks like Legends. No modifications, no new mechanics, nothing...
Incrediballs? That's just a tree put there in order to hide the forest.

Well, at least this is what I think after I watched the trailer. I hope the actual game will prove me wrong though. I know I said that it would be hard to do better than Legends in terms of quality (Legends was overall a great game in its category), and that Adventures is a smartphone game so less content, less new stuff, etc, etc...

Still disappointed.


Also, about the fact Legends didn't sell well because bad advertising and GTA V...that's right, but you still have to consider that it was because GTA V played the advertising game REAL HAM' with all the budget they had...

That's normal Rayman is being used for smartphones and tablets now, because it is a market with incredible potential (how many people are simply playing games like Candy Crush, Clash of Clans and other lil' games with theirs?). I'd say Ubisoft is trying to maintain certain franchises on specific hardwares because this is where there are the most potential players for them (Hell, AC games would have 'in proportion' less success on tablets than on consoles...).
Image
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

Bzzit
Bzzit
Posts: 2422
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:12 pm
Location: The Glade of Memes
Tings: 24529

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bzzit » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Yeah I agree Saer. My main complaint is the fact they are reusing so many assets from Legends. However, since the game is free to play I have a feeling they may start the game with the Legends-esque base content and then begin adding more original content (themes, levels, enemies ec) as the game evolves.
Last edited by Bzzit on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rayman is the best man

Simina-Cindy
Flabard
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 am
Contact:
Tings: 190

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Simina-Cindy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:27 am

I really really REALLY hope they'll add more stuff OR make a new improved game soon. I feel like Revenge of the Dark will be finished before a new official 3D Rayman game comes out.
Image <-- Click here to join the Tily Fanclub!
Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Haruka » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:51 am

There we go. People already going for the drama card while the only thing we had contact of was a trailer. Can you guys hold it up until release? Thanks.
saerleiya wrote:
That's normal Rayman is being used for smartphones and tablets now, because it is a market with incredible potential (how many people are simply playing games like Candy Crush, Clash of Clans and other lil' games with theirs?). I'd say Ubisoft is trying to maintain certain franchises on specific hardwares because this is where there are the most potential players for them (Hell, AC games would have 'in proportion' less success on tablets than on consoles...).
I would like to think that the iOS/Android games are just a fashion. They can't replace "real" home console/PC videogames.

Post Reply