Glitch in Rayman raving rabbids GBA

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3255

Glitch in Rayman raving rabbids GBA

Post by Shadowrayman »

I found a strange glitch in Rayman raving rabbids GBA in the level filthy corridors, I defeated a rabbid robot and he showed all these animations from the game and the animations were red in color it was strange it even showed Murphy like in the picture: Image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cxZE ... sp=sharing
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Re: Glitch in Rayman raving rabbids GBA

Post by RayCarrot »

Was is this glitch you found? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSmxycrF0zE
I've been trying to replicate it myself, but without success. Were you using the European or American version?
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Carrot-master wrote:Was is this glitch you found? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSmxycrF0zE
I've been trying to replicate it myself, but without success. Were you using the European or American version?
I was there during the livestream that this happened. I believe Thex (the streamer) was using the European cartridge with a Gameboy Player. Another person streaming at the same time, lagpu1, was using an Emulator (although I am not sure what version, probably European still). I have also seen another YouTube video of someone getting the glitch, recording it on a camera on an actual GBA. They had an American accent, so I would assume that is the American version.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

That's odd. I tried it on an emulator (European rom) and it never worked. I made a save-state a bit before the enemy and tried hitting him several times in different ways. I might try it on my GBA with my cartridge and see if it works there.
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by Shadowrayman »

Carrot-master wrote:Was is this glitch you found? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSmxycrF0zE
I have the American version I did have a glitch similar to the glitch in the video except the screen was not so fuzzy it was just a black screen before that happened when I defeated that robot in the image it showed all these animations that were in a different color the first time a Saw that glitch it showed a red grapnel that I tried to punch it but nothing happened. you would already know that I have the American version because my location says Los Angeles so I come from America
Computer Specs:
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Hm, I'm starting to think it only works in the American version then. From the response I got from Thextera in the video I linked, it sounded like he was playing the American version as well. That would also explain why I could never get it to work on emulator or physical console since I've got the European version.
lagpu1
Lums Noir
Tings: 65

Post by lagpu1 »

I checked the ROM I used, and I think it was an american version. I can go and try the european one to see what can I found :P
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by Shadowrayman »

Carrot-master wrote:Hm, I'm starting to think it only works in the American version then.
When at the start of the year I downloaded I played the European version on emulator it actually worked it just could have been because of my emulator I am using :shock:
Computer Specs:
lagpu1
Lums Noir
Tings: 65

Post by lagpu1 »

Shadowrayman wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Hm, I'm starting to think it only works in the American version then.
When at the start of the year I downloaded I played the European version on emulator it actually worked it just could have been because of my emulator I am using :shock:
Maybe, it could be that. I played the european version, and the glitch that thex and I suffered didn't happen. But idk, that game works very weird in my opinion xD
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by Shadowrayman »

lagpu1 wrote:
Shadowrayman wrote:
Maybe, it could be that. I played the european version, and the glitch that thex and I suffered didn't happen. But idk, that game works very weird in my opinion xD
The emulator was called GBA4iOS, RRR doesn't really work properly on that emulator, as after an enemy does its animation when it dies the animation starts to buffer for 4 seconds
Computer Specs:
em50
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by em50 »

Murphy probably looked like that because he had the wrong color palette.