The Awesome and Cool Rayman Poll Thread

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which one of these introductory songs is your favourite one?

Poll runs till Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:38 pm

Rayman 1 - First steps
17%
Rayman 2 - The Woods of Light
No votes
Rayman 3 - Searching for Globox
33%
Rayman Origins - (Jibberish Jungle) The Darktoon Chase
No votes
Rayman Legends - Teensies in Trouble
50%

Total votes: 6

DaveRattlehead
Estellia
Tings: 21786

Re: The Awesome and Cool Rayman Poll Thread

Post by DaveRattlehead »

So there's a clear winner this time! The forum has a strong preference toward the classic fist. Nostalgia? Rayman 3's combat system? You don't want Rayman to copy Vegeta? There are many factors here :)
poll_attackpattern.png
poll_attackpattern.png (39.87 KiB) Viewed 667 times

A few weeks ago, people voted for their favourite Rayman Alive project in 2023, but Rayman Alive isn't the only thing we got last year, right? So, the question is... Are you satisfied with the Rayman content we got in 2023? Let's see what the forum thinks about it :hinhinhin:
Greengoop
Creveton
Tings: 29590

Post by Greengoop »

I was satisfied. Didn’t really like anything but it was still sweet ubi still cares
DaveRattlehead
Estellia

Post by DaveRattlehead »

I agree on that, they definitely kept him in mind more than some other years in which Rayman had zero relevance. Obviously, I'd prefer playing a new Rayman game (Rayman 4 or whatever the name would be), but at least this is better than nothing and we should be a bit happy about it. However, I wouldn't like Rayman to always be just a cameo in other gaming franchises (Super Mario and Far Cry), so that's why I voted for the mixed feelings.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 608849

Post by Hunchman801 »

A quick (and late) take on the last three questions:
  • I prefer the power fist, not least because of the cool sound it makes.
  • I'll go for the telescopic fist. I believe the magic fist was mostly introduced because of technical limitations, something they were able to overcome in Rayman 3, and while Rayman 2 is an awesome game, combat is not one of its highlights.
  • Yes, I was satisfied. While the DLC lacked in ambition, giving us little more than a few references there and there when I was hoping for something set in Rayman's world, it will still nice to play as Rayman and discover the revisited costumes. As for Captain Laserhawk, it was a nice and refreshing take on the series that, despite its originality, felt more respectful of the Rayman IP than the ten years of UbiArt games that preceded it.
DaveRattlehead
Estellia

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:24 pm As for Captain Laserhawk, it was a nice and refreshing take on the series that, despite its originality, felt more respectful of the Rayman IP than the ten years of UbiArt games that preceded it.
I can't help but agree on that last sentence :)
So, here y'all have the results! Maybe we should consider a similar question in the yearly Rayman's survey? @Fifo ;)
poll-2023satisfaction.png
poll-2023satisfaction.png (83.22 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Rayman gets 3/4 masks in the sanctuaries (original version). So, the question is... Which one of the sanctuary levels do you prefer: The Sanctuary of Water and Ice, The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire, The Sanctuary of Rock and Lava or Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire for sure, it's my favorite level in the whole game. It feels very mysterious and I loved exploring it (after hating it at first).
DaveRattlehead wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:12 pm Actually, isn't the charged Power Fist in Rayman Revolution a Kamehameha? :lol:
What exactly triggers this new animation, by the way? Accumulation 1 or Accumulation 2? I don't think it's documented on the wiki.
DaveRattlehead
Estellia

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:42 pm What exactly triggers this new animation, by the way? Accumulation 1 or Accumulation 2? I don't think it's documented on the wiki.
iirc, you start seeing this animation once you buy Accumulation 1. Accumulation 2 makes an explosion so the charged shot can kill close enemies too, but doesn't change the animation.
------
As for the poll, I have to decide between Water and Ice or Stone and Fire. The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire is one of my favourite levels too and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hated it at the very first :lol:, but the Sanctuary of Water and Ice is probably one of the very first things I think about when somebody mentions Rayman. It's also a very important level as Polokus is shown for the very first time here.

Special mention to Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava. I really sucked at it when I was playing with the keyboard. I felt like a pro player on this level with the controller :lol:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

DaveRattlehead wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:45 pm iirc, you start seeing this animation once you buy Accumulation 1. Accumulation 2 makes an explosion so the charged shot can kill close enemies too, but doesn't change the animation.
Thanks, this is now properly documented!
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40703

Post by dr_st »

See, nobody likes the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava. It should have been called "the Sanctuary of Zombie Chickens and Annoying Nenuphars". And the fact that the PS2 version is inconsistent with everything else, and can't decide what's actually the Sanctuary and what's beneath it - doesn't help. :fou2:

On the other hand, Foutch is the only proper boss Guardian. At least until Grolem 13. :fou:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I actually find the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava pretty cool, and I like the transition from the marshes that surround it to the sanctuary itself. Had it been merged with Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava and made a little less linear, it could have been a good contender for the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire. :idea2:
DaveRattlehead
Estellia

Post by DaveRattlehead »

The superhelicopter is also a very interesting power. Unfortunately we could only use it in a single level :(

It was a tight poll, but we have a winner! The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire was your favourite sanctuary level. Not gonna lie, that's perfectly understandable :hinhinhin:
poll-sanctuaries.png
poll-sanctuaries.png (64.6 KiB) Viewed 331 times

Now, let's go to Rayman's Origins... I mean, the real and hard origins, because we had to face some tough oponents there :fou2:. So, this week's question is... Which one is your favourite Rayman 1 boss? Feel free to share your experiencies! :proud:
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

DaveRattlehead wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:03 am Now, let's go to Rayman's Origins... I mean, the real and hard origins, because we had to face some tough oponents there :fou2:. So, this week's question is... Which one is your favourite Rayman 1 boss? Feel free to share your experiencies! :proud:
You've got an extra line there in your poll... I am not aware of any Rayman boss named 'Bzzit'.

Anyhow - Space Mama is the toughest to beat in her final form, but Mr Stone is the coolest.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102580

Post by PluMGMK »

I'm gonna go with Skops because of the cool pyramid background and the way his projectiles so neatly mirror the firefly from the previous level by following your fist. Though he should lose some points because the demo of his chase sequence ends right before the bit that will actually give you trouble :mefiant:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I'm having a hard time picking a favorite... for a bit I was thinking Space Mama, because of two battles and the Picture City pirates, but then other bosses like Moskito, Mr Sax and Mr Stone have cool chase sequences... The one with Mr Skops is interesting too, and though they were obviously designed to reuse assets, I like Mr Dark's transformations nonetheless... I just like them all. :fou3:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Either Moskito or Space Mama for me. I think Moskito's attack patterns are so fun, I love his design, the background, the music... such a good boss

I've got to say Space Mama though, she's the most intricate and difficult. I love the sheer variety and number phases there are to the fight... I love phases :bad:

Mr Stone and Sax have cool chase sequences, but I think the actual bosses themselves are kind of plain and easy. Mr Skops is... sorely underdeveloped, but he has my favourite chase sequence. Mr Dark is really cool, but shouldn't there be a final phase where you fight him in his normal form after? It's half a fight. Basically the most generic complaint ever, and I know Redemption yah yah.
Greengoop
Creveton

Post by Greengoop »

I love the vibe in the mr sax fight. I also love the mr dark fight because he is awesome despite being a coward
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

Good grief, the old lazy Scorpion is winning!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Greengoop wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:48 am I love the vibe in the mr sax fight. I also love the mr dark fight because he is awesome despite being a coward
Because he runs away at the end? They make a good team with Razorbeard, then!
Greengoop
Creveton

Post by Greengoop »

At least Razorbeard actually fights I guess
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Greengoop wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:41 am At least Razorbeard actually fights I guess
So does Mr Dark, he just changes his appearance during the fight.