The Awesome and Cool Rayman Poll Thread

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Do you think Rayman 1 has a fair difficulty?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:32 pm

Yes, I think it's well designed
33%
No, the learning curve isn't adequate
67%

Total votes: 6

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 104095

Re: The Awesome and Cool Rayman Poll Thread

Post by PluMGMK »

For me it was 2000 I think, maybe 2001. Maths & English with Rayman, Volume 1 :hap:
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8993

Post by ItzalDrake »

I think I was 3 years old when I played my first Rayman game, so it was sure in 2004 for me :D
I don't have much memory of it but my parents still remember how much I loved playing Rayman 1 at such a young age despite the game was hard :)
Hello! Image
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho
Tings: 24241

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Here you have the results! To be honest, I somehow expected this. Most of the people who still care for Rayman are people who played the original trilogy in the 90s/2000s. However, it's good to see that Rayman is still attracting new fans :mrgreen:.

rayman-origins-literally.png
rayman-origins-literally.png (74.29 KiB) Viewed 806 times

This question can be approached from different points of view. Generally, it's usually asked "Which design do you like?", but let's focus on a more specific aspect. Previously, Rayman wore a very distinctive bandana, but this changed in Rayman 3, where he started wearing a hoodie. The question is... Do you prefer the bandana or the hoodie?
Greengoop
Sssam
Tings: 32625

Post by Greengoop »

The hoodie. I just think anyone in a hoodie is automatically cool no matter how awkward they are. Also it was a shame about the gang in France with the bandanas…
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610819

Post by Hunchman801 »

I voted for the bandana, but it's probably just out of nostalgia, because the hoodie is great too.
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

My vote's definitely for the hoodie. That doesn't mean his design wearing the bandana is awful. I like it, but his design in Rayman 3 is still the best one imo.
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Wait, the results aren't gonna change! We should move on, right? :mrgreen:
poll-hoodiebandana.png
poll-hoodiebandana.png (44.8 KiB) Viewed 660 times

This poll is a confrontation between two powerful armies that tried to take the Glade of Dreams unsuccessfully. Just imagine the situation where they are battling each other. The question is simple... Which army would defeat the other? Which army is more powerful: the Pirates or the Hoodlums?
Greengoop
Sssam

Post by Greengoop »

The pirates did allat destroy the world, just there are too many hoodlums to stop :noel:
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Didn't the pirates conquered other planets? I remember reading something about that... Considering that power, I don't think the Hoodlums have a chance :lol:
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Really sorry for the delay guys, I haven't been that active for a couple of weeks. Here you have the results of the previous poll.
poll-army.png
poll-army.png (43.24 KiB) Viewed 548 times

We were discussing this in a topic a few days ago, so I think it's a great opportunity to ask y'all this... In regards of the Rayman 3 dub, which voice do you think is better for Globox: the French one or the English one? I know, there are many other dubs, but the rest are similar to (or based on) the French one, so let's stick to these two to make things easier, right? :mrgreen:
Greengoop
Sssam

Post by Greengoop »

As funny as the English one is, the French one is infinite times better
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

I think the Spanish dub is very good, and the French dub is more similar than the English dub, so I think I'll vote for the French one :lol:.

The English voice is very good and funny, but I don't know if it fits the character tbh.
Greengoop
Sssam

Post by Greengoop »

Yeah, I don’t think I made that clear enough. The English voice is funny, cool and fits the aesthetic. But seriously, using an overly chill voice to voice GLOBOX out of al characters? Christian Erickson did a lot better at voicing globox
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Definitely Globox's goofy voice in the French version, but then again that's what I grew up with. :mryellow:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 104095

Post by PluMGMK »

Well I grew up with the English one and I still voted for French :hap:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78585

Post by The Jonster »

PluMGMK wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:34 pm Well I grew up with the English one and I still voted for French :hap:
I’m kind of thinking the same way but I’ve never heard Globox’s voice (or the game in particular) in French. I hope it will be as fun as his Korean voice! :D
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Here are the results of the previous poll. Better late than never, right?
poll-globox.png
poll-globox.png (36.52 KiB) Viewed 299 times

This week's poll can be linked to an unpopular opinion on Rayman. Rayman 1 was a before and after for Ubisoft, as well as for the platform genre. It was one of the best-selling games of the PlayStation generation and was rated as a great game in terms of difficulty. Rayman 1 became, for many, the best game in the series, and undoubtedly the most difficult of them all.

Based on this difficulty, I ask you the following question... Do you think the difficulty of Rayman 1 is fair? Do you think the game is well designed or do you think the learning curve is not right? Was Rayman 1 difficult for you?
Greengoop
Sssam

Post by Greengoop »

If we pretend they were aware about the difficulty, I wouldn’t think it’s fair. So many cheap deaths and easy mistakes, especially in bongo hills where there are many off-screen dangers you could only know about from past experience
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Greengoop wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:54 am If we pretend they were aware about the difficulty, I wouldn’t think it’s fair. So many cheap deaths and easy mistakes, especially in bongo hills where there are many off-screen dangers you could only know about from past experience
I fully agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of Rayman 1 and I enjoy this game a lot, but the fact that the game wasn't properly tested is what made the game as difficult as it is. I've completed Rayman 1 several times and I've enjoyed it every single time, but recognizing that the game isn't hard, but unfair, doesn't make you a worse fan.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I personally think it's well designed. In fact, I can only think of one spot which I found unfair : the sliding section in part 3 of Pencil Pentathlon, where you have to walk down the slope and not run, otherwise you'll jump too far and die, and there's no way to know that beforehand.

Everywhere else, I felt that the game did a good job of explaining what to do, even if some sections were difficult. Which makes me curious: do you guys have more detailed examples of some of the parts you found unfair? It's been a while since I played the game, after all.