Rayman 4

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Polokus
Ugly
Tings: 675

Rayman 4

Post by Polokus »

Hi all, thought I would make a topic about Rayman 4 after the teaser from Michel Ancel.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaI0eAwAEPb/

Just so we have a specific topic for news, teasers, predictions and just general discussion solely on the new game.

My hope for the new game would be like the old concept, a 3d reincarnation of the rayman one worlds.

What are your thoughts?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: RAYMAN 4

Post by Master »

I hope Michel does get onto making a new title, but as I've said before, this isn't an announcement, but a desire. He didn't say at any point that they're in the process of making a new title. He said " we ´ll need to bring him back again," not that they currently are. I've no doubt that if all goes well, he'll be able to make good on that desire. But for now, there's still two games he's currently working on, and a UbiSoft that could very well deny him, possibly moreso if Vivendi gets their hands on them.

Don't get me wrong, the day they announce a new title proper, I'll be massively elated. But I'm tired of having to see folks get unnecessarily hyped and then disappointed because they got too far ahead of themselves.
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

Makes sense, but i've not made this topic for people to get hyped. It's for any news at all about the "game" whether it's confirmed or not.

So if anyone thinks "oh I wonder whats happening with that so called new Rayman game" they can simply check this thread and be kept up to date
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Fair enough, but this would probably be better off in the Rayman forum.
Funnily enough as far as I can tell we don't really have another topic like this. I guess any ones that were created before ended up morphing into topics about whatever games were actually released!
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

I know we definetly need to be a bit more strict on what topics we post things on, when Michel made that insta post i actually had to search the link for it in the forums to find any mention which were scattered everywhere. Thats why I wanted to make (and try to keep) a dedicated topic.

And infact when I made the topic I thought that it would have been better in Rayman. Anyway I can change that?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

I share your idea, i'd really love to see part of the world of Rayman 1 being brought back in 3D like it was planned in the cancelled prototype of Rayman 4.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Polokus wrote:And infact when I made the topic I thought that it would have been better in Rayman. Anyway I can change that?
I already moved it. :P
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

Thanks Plum :D

And yeah Saturn the old art work of Picture city and stuff in 3d is just amazing! and thats only what they were planning to do years ago. We all know that one of the best things about Rayman games are the visuals and every year the technology will only get better and better.
Squiz
Oiseau Rouge
Tings: 142

Post by Squiz »

Personnally, I would love to see back the differents landscapes and ideas we saw in the cancelled Rayman 4 first trailer. The idea to lap some different creatures was interesting too.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I would love to hear how the soundtracks of the game would be like. No doubt that they will sound interesting.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

How reliable is Michel Ancel when it comes to messages like these? Has he been right in the past?

The only thing I am worrying about is that even if they did make Rayman 4, would it run well on the PCs we currently have? Since graphic cards, DirectXs and processors are always updating, I am worrying that our computers will not be to handle it when Rayman 4 comes out.

I have a MacBook Pro 2012 with Windows 7 Bootcamp, so I do not know if that would be good enough to run Rayman 4.
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

If it were to come out it's gonna be console based like any other,
I doubt no matter how "all in" he wants to go with the game that he's going to make it too big for the average systems to handle.

also, to be fair Michel does actually deliver. It does sometimes feel like Rayman's been dead since Rabbid's but in all fairness he has been consistent with releases.
When Michel takes the reigns of Rayman and knows what he wants to make he does succeed, he wanted to make the sidescroller games like Origins and Legends
and when he says he wants to bring him back "For his fourth adventure" he clearly wants to go back and make a fantasy adventure/story installment.

He does take his time! but think about it BGE2 is coming out after 14 years, Michel does deliver. Eventually lol
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

After all this time, I'm still awaiting the release of two mythical games, Half-Life 3 and Rayman 4.
In fact, I was just about to start a thread about this until I saw this one.

It could go two ways, either it will be the greatest fan-service Rayman game yet or our hearts will be broken beyond repair, worse even than last time with the rabbits. :pfff:
WizardMinecraft
Électoon
Tings: 7

Post by WizardMinecraft »

You do know that by major series game rules, Rayman Origins and Legends are Rayman 4 and Rayman 5 just in 2D. Making Rayman 4 by major series game rules would be technically rename the game Rayman 6 Right?
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

You know what it's like nowadays, when companies realise they've made that many instances of something numbering them would become very silly. that's why there's confusion on whether Origins is Rayman 4 or not. they won't actually call it (Rayman 4 "Something") it will just be called something like
"Rayman Har-lum Shake" or "Rayman Zombie Asy-lum" idk :lol:
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

WizardMinecraft wrote:You do know that by major series game rules, Rayman Origins and Legends are Rayman 4 and Rayman 5 just in 2D. Making Rayman 4 by major series game rules would be technically rename the game Rayman 6 Right?
Do you see a giant "4" next to Origins and Legends?
Of course not.
They're not dedicated sequels.
WizardMinecraft
Électoon

Are you kidding me, I said "By series title major rules, rayman origins and rayman legends are TECHNICALLY rayman 4 and rayman 5" Not "rayman origins and legends is rayman 4 and 5 gouys so shat up" Although i didn't put technically though.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

The issue is that Michel Ancel didn't say "Rayman 4". He said "fourth adventure", implying he's ignoring several games from the main series, even though by all accounts he's proud of all of them (except obviously Rayman 3, which he didn't work on).
WizardMinecraft
Électoon

PluMGMK wrote:The issue is that Michel Ancel didn't say "Rayman 4". He said "fourth adventure", implying he's ignoring several games from the main series, even though by all accounts he's proud of all of them (except obviously Rayman 3, which he didn't work on).

I don't understand why so many rayman fans saw this and though that rayman 4 was actually going to be made and just because its called rayman 4 doesn't 100% guarantee its good.
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

Damn, Just read about the fact Rayman 4 might need to be "developed by another team" and it is confirmed Michel wants 3D.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/07/m ... n-4/63699/

what are your thoughts?

Personally I would wait another 5+ years if it means it wont be rushed and made right by the ones passionate about it.