Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Birds858
Mr Sax
Posts: 2929
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Belgique
Tings: 28435

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Birds858 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Is there something behind the wall (like collision or model) ?
Image

Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 21726
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Globox Village
Tings: 128466

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Steo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:28 pm

StelzenBomber said earlier in the thread that he thinks it just leads to the walking shell part. I'll have to check it on 3DS and see if you glitch through the wall.

Edit: He won't go through the wall, but through speculation it looks very close to the walking shell area.
Image
Image
Rayman 3 scores:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

Alexinator
Électoon
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:04 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Alexinator » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Someone could try hacking the PC version to noclip through the wall.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 28795
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3925

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by PluMGMK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:40 pm

No need to noclip, just open the map with RayTwol.

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 21726
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Globox Village
Tings: 128466

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Steo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:44 pm

PluMGMK wrote:No need to noclip, just open the map with RayTwol.
I was just thinking would RayTwol work. I'll try it out later, but I assume it leads to just above the walking shell area ;)
Image
Image
Rayman 3 scores:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 28795
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3925

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by PluMGMK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Pretty sure it does. You just need to think about the spatial relations for a while!

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 21726
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Globox Village
Tings: 128466

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Steo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:18 am

Well I finally got around to it and it goes absolutely nowhere :lol:

If you were to get through the wall, Rayman would just fall to his death.

Here's a view of the wall from the other side (you can see it in the center with the non matching texture):
SOSAF.PNG
And here's a view with the camera halfway between both sides with a top down view:
SOSAF2.PNG
Image
Image
Rayman 3 scores:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 28795
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3925

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by PluMGMK » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:55 pm

The plot thickens! :o

Birds858
Mr Sax
Posts: 2929
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Belgique
Tings: 28435

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Birds858 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Steo wrote:Well I finally got around to it and it goes absolutely nowhere :lol:

If you were to get through the wall, Rayman would just fall to his death.

Here's a view of the wall from the other side (you can see it in the center with the non matching texture):

SOSAF.PNG

And here's a view with the camera halfway between both sides with a top down view:

SOSAF2.PNG
PluMGMK wrote:The plot thickens! :o
66AC2BEE-E92B-4700-B07E-7BEAA6907A1B.jpeg
Image

Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723

Alexinator
Électoon
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:04 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Alexinator » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:05 pm

This reminds me of the time a guy on Youtube moon jumped and glitched out of the fight with Razorbeard in Rayman 2 and kept flying and eventually found a tiny prison ship and glitched into it and was teleported into Razorbeard's room

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 21726
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Globox Village
Tings: 128466

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Steo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:37 am

Although we're never going to know the real reason for it, I still wonder why that stairway just leads to a wall :P

I think the most plausible explanation we've come up with is this:

Image
(Picture from Revolution)
Steo wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:39 am
Whatever that stairs is doing there it makes a lot more sense in Revolution. It looks like it's just for aesthetics in this game with an inaccessible area that crumbled. In the original version though it literally looked like they just took something out of the game. Maybe they should've done this in the original game but the fact that they didn't makes it look like that was supposed to lead somewhere.
PluMGMK wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm
That makes sense. For once I'm willing to give priority to Revolution's interpretation; they just had trouble creating a proper caved-in passage. Don't know why I never thought about this before though!
Image
Image
Rayman 3 scores:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

StelzenBomber
Vendeur
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 pm
Tings: 9071

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by StelzenBomber » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:47 am

or it was once an alternate way but it got cut because....limitations? memory issues? lack of ideas?

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 21726
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Globox Village
Tings: 128466

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Steo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:20 pm

We'll never really know, but there's nothing actually behind the wall, it doesn't go anywhere. If it was supposed to lead somewhere then they deleted the path.

The other plausible explanation is that they just blocked that left side off while planning to use it in the ways Haruka and Plum mentioned, but then they forgot/scrapped the idea.

It just looks so odd that it makes you think there was some last minute changes. It's one thing for a stairway to lead to a wall, but then the textures clearly don't match up at all.
Image
Image
Rayman 3 scores:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

StelzenBomber
Vendeur
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 pm
Tings: 9071

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by StelzenBomber » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Steo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:20 pm
We'll never really know, but there's nothing actually behind the wall, it doesn't go anywhere. If it was supposed to lead somewhere then they deleted the path.

The other plausible explanation is that they just blocked that left side off while planning to use it in the ways Haruka and Plum mentioned, but then they forgot/scrapped the idea.

It just looks so odd that it makes you think there was some last minute changes. It's one thing for a stairway to lead to a wall, but then the textures clearly don't match up at all.
unless we ask the ppl that worked on the game that is
lets just go and ask Michel Ancel
or ... who was the level designer?

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 21726
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Globox Village
Tings: 128466

Re: Rayman 2 Stairway To Wall

Post by Steo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 pm

The only way to truly find the answer is to be told by the creators and that's highly unlikely to happen.

My original reason for opening this thread was because I thought there would have been some kind of secret switch, where the wall would open up and lead to a secret area. The 2 reasons for me thinking that was because it's a stairs going to a wall and the textures for that part of the wall don't match up.

I really didn't know much about Rayman 2 when I opened this thread, but I'm glad I did because it lead to all this speculation.

If it had looked like Revolution in the first place then I wouldn't have questioned it, but because it looks "surreal" as Ambi said, it was making me wonder if there was more to it.
Image
Image
Rayman 3 scores:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

Post Reply