What's in your opinion the hardest Rayman game?

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

StelzenBomber
Razoff
Tings: 7430

What's in your opinion the hardest Rayman game?

Postby StelzenBomber » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 pm

As the thitle says: Whats in your opibion the hardest rayman game
But there are a few rules:
1: Only console and hendheld games ( and official pc versions)
2: No like flash gameslike the one where you shoot pirate heads
3: No games that you haven played with savestates (or in other words: NO SAVESTATES exept for maby saving)
4: 99 lives codes are allouwed

Anyway imo the hardest rayman game is: Rayman 3 for gba

Its way too hard and straight up unfair sometimes for me *cough* SCALEMAN *cough*

so....post you opinion bellow
sorry if there are typos
Last edited by Ray502 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammar fixes.

Steo
Bétilla
Tings: 89005

Re: Whats in your Opinion the hardest rayman game?

Postby Steo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Rayman 1 without question ;)

Edit: even with the 99 lives code I think it's by far the hardest game. Timing is extremely critical and most levels are as hard or harder than Land Of The Livid Dead in Origins. That's an example of good timing needed.
Fifo wrote:– I feel like putting Steo and Jonster on my ignore list.
– If you won’t stop annoying me, I will do it.

Fifo doesn't like his name being highlighted. He's such a Serious Ssssam.

Aaron
Carmen
Tings: 37605

Postby Aaron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Just like Steo said, in Rayman 1 you have to be extremely precise with the timing and the first 3 levels might be easy, but the ones after it are really unfair mainly because of objects and enemies appearing out of nowhere even after you defeated them and stuff that is insanely hard. Even the first level of Band Land, Bongo Hills caused me to rage. So, without doubt, it's by far the hardest Rayman game ever made.
Last edited by Aaron on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature made by R4Y_ANC3L

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Postby StelzenBomber » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Aaron wrote:Just like steo said, in Rayman 1 you have to be extremely precise with the timing and the first 3 levels might be easy, but the ones after it are really unfair because of mainly objects and enemies appearing out of nowhere even after you defeated them and stuff that is insanely hard. Even the first level of Band Land, Bongo Hills caused me to rage. So, without doubt, it's by far the hardest Rayman game ever made.

the only thing thaat rages me in rayman 1 are: everything in picture city
bongo hills in ps1 ( pc version is better there)
and going hights ( exept in versions with checkpoints) cause of CLIPING THROU THE MONK WITH THE CRISTAL BALLS

Ray502
Reflux
Tings: 119985

Re: What's in your opinion the hardest Rayman game?

Postby Ray502 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:41 pm

After years and years of playing it, Rayman 1 is no longer a hard game for me. I will die several times, but it's not to the point of frustration from its difficulty.

Unpopular opinion, but Origins is the hardest for me. But I don't consider the game hard though. I die more in the game than in Rayman 1.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16745

Postby Greeness » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Rayman 1 without a doubt, It's the only Rayman game I've yet to finish, I'd say Origins is the second hardest game for me, then Legends as the third most difficult game, R2 as fourth and R3 as the easiet of the main series games.
Last edited by Greeness on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Postby StelzenBomber » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Ray502 wrote:After years and years of playing it, Rayman 1 is no longer a hard game for me. I will die several times, but it's not to the point of frustration from its difficulty.

Unpopular opinion, but Origins is the hardest for me. But I don't consider the game hard though. I die more in the game than in Rayman 1.

exactly like me in rayman 1 , i just cant get REALY mad at it

also origins is kanda frustrating sometimes

Adsolution
Électoon
Tings: 2

Postby Adsolution » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Well Rayman 1 is pretty much objectively the hardest game. I didn't even realise that until a while after I joined here and I heard people complaining about it though, because I somehow beat the PC version when I was really young.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Postby Greeness » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 pm

I got to Picture City before quitting, the only way I still managed to see the other level themes when I was young is through Rayman Designer.

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Postby StelzenBomber » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Greeness wrote:I got to Picture City before quitting, the only way I still managed to see the other level themes when I was young is through Rayman Designer.

picture city is just unfair 90% of the time but after that the only realy hard part is the end part of eat at joes

Maz
Chef Dragon
Tings: 17755

Postby Maz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:06 pm

"Hardest Rayman game" to what? Play through all the levels and beat the boss? In that case, Rayman 1.

However, the "perfect game" - which in case of R1 and R2 doesn't require too much additional effort, imo - is not humanly possible in R3, so if we're talking beyond just playing through the game, I'd definitely have to go with Rayman 3. I will admit though that the only Rayman games I've played are Rayman 1, 2, 3, Origins, Legends, Rayman's World and Rayman M.
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 | DOTK: 115.650 | LS: 43.100 | SBTC: 110.329 | HH: 119.809 | TOTL: 117.609

Total: 916.365

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Postby Greeness » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Maz wrote:if we're talking beyond just playing through the game, I'd definitely have to go with Rayman 3

I'll agree that most of Rayman 3's challange stems from attempting to nail the scoring system, but in terms of a casual playthrough, It's probably one of the easiest games in the franchise, I barely die in the game with the abundance of health refills.

Steo
Bétilla

Postby Steo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Oh yeah if you're going for that then I agree with 3 being the hardest for combo's and scoring etc. I'm still terrible at scoring in R3. If you're just completing 3 and beating the boss though it's an easy game.

Even 2 is easy to 100% with the exception that I did have to ask about 1 cage location I couldn't find in The Sanctuary Of Stone And Fire. Revolution then I had a problem with Fairy Glade cages too as they changed the level layout slightly.

3 is probably the easiest Rayman game I've ever played for just completing it though.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Postby Greeness » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 pm

It was clearly targeted towards a younger mindset, the developers themselves even came out and said in "The Making of Rayman 3" that they deliberately designed the game to be easier then previous installments.

Steo
Bétilla

Postby Steo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 pm

You can tell because 2 is a lot more puzzling and has harder levels but it's still not exactly that hard. Only reason I died so much in 2 is from missing a lum on a sliding or walking shell level and jumping off the edge to go back and get it. I love the second one though :)

Edit : OK to sum it up a bit better, I did manage to beat Rayman 1 as a kid but I don't remember if that was using the 99 lives cheat as I would've been only about 10 at the time. I think it's one of those games where you start to remember the levels making it less difficult if you play it more.

As for Origins, yes I do get frustrated on some of those levels and die a lot but that's mainly only speed trophies or Land of the Livid Dead. There are a few difficult levels towards the end but with so many checkpoints, I wouldn't really call it difficult. The fact that you don't have a limited number of lives just shows that they expected people to die a lot in the game though and Legends is definitely easier than legends. Then 2 then 3 is my order of difficulty. I've yet to play my GBA games to say how difficult those are but when I play them I'll update my opinion on the matter.

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Tings: 95

Postby The Jonster » Fri May 11, 2018 3:46 am

If I based the games on a playthrough where i am trying to concentrate on comboing and scoring hard, Rayman 3 would be the hardest. Though on a standpoint where I just play through the game normally and try to finish it, it's obviously Rayman 1 for me, though it's really not that hard for me these days. I haven't tried the UbiArt games yet so this is just a temporary opinion for me.
The Jonster wrote:Learning from your mistakes and flaws in your personality is the best way to move forward. I believe with the mistakes I've made I can grow and become a better person and not get all emotional.

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Postby StelzenBomber » Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 am

The Jonster wrote:If I based the games on a playthrough where i am trying to concentrate on comboing and scoring hard, Rayman 3 would be the hardest. Though on a standpoint where I just play through the game normally and try to finish it, it's obviously Rayman 1 for me, though it's really not that hard for me these days. I haven't tried the UbiArt games yet so this is just a temporary opinion for me.

Rayman 3?

ok... i never felt that way ecept for the last level

but that may just be because i played this games since 7-8 years

Alexinator
Ambre Écueil
Tings: 6495

Postby Alexinator » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Definitely the original Rayman, Band Land is extremely hard.

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Tings: 95

Postby The Jonster » Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 pm

StelzenBomber wrote:
The Jonster wrote:If I based the games on a playthrough where i am trying to concentrate on comboing and scoring hard, Rayman 3 would be the hardest. Though on a standpoint where I just play through the game normally and try to finish it, it's obviously Rayman 1 for me, though it's really not that hard for me these days. I haven't tried the UbiArt games yet so this is just a temporary opinion for me.

Rayman 3?

ok... i never felt that way ecept for the last level

but that may just be because i played this games since 7-8 years

I'm only talking about the game based on scoring and comboing, since I have trouble scoring with both Hoodlum Headquarters and Tower of the Leptys, though the former more. If I was just trying to complete the game, Rayman 3 is definitely the easiest.
The Jonster wrote:Learning from your mistakes and flaws in your personality is the best way to move forward. I believe with the mistakes I've made I can grow and become a better person and not get all emotional.

DrLazlo
Tribelle
Tings: 85

Postby DrLazlo » Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Definitely Rayman 1. Still the only one I haven't been able to complete.

Return to “Rayman”