What next for Rayman's future

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

What games do you wish for ?

"Rayman 4" (New 3D title)
28%
Sequel to Legends / Adventures
4%
Sequel to the old 2D Rayman games
2%
Rayman Revenge of the Dark
14%
New style of Rayman games
2%
New spin-off
No votes
Rayman 1 Remake
2%
Rayman HD (with PC Add-ons)
6%
Rayman (Saturn) HD
No votes
Rayman (PS1) HD
No votes
Rayman (Jaguar) HD
No votes
Rayman (SNES Prototype)
2%
Rayman 2 Remake
12%
Rayman Revolution HD
2%
Rayman 2 The Great Escape HD
4%
Rayman 2 (Dreamcast) HD
No votes
Rayman 2 (N64) HD
No votes
Rayman 2 (PS1) HD
No votes
Rayman 2 (2D Prototype)
2%
Sequel to Rayman Arena
No votes
Rayman Arena HD
No votes
Rayman M HD
2%
Rayman Rush HD
No votes
Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc Remake
6%
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Prototype)
2%
Rayman Origins Remake
No votes
Rayman Origins Definitive Edition
No votes
Rayman Legends Remake
No votes
Rayman Adventures Remake
No votes
Ports of the Game Boy Color Rayman games
No votes
Ports of the Game Boy Advance Rayman games
No votes
Port of Rayman 3 (N-gage)
No votes
Ports of older Rayman mobile games
No votes
Port of Rayman Adventures on the Windows store
No votes
New Educative Rayman game
No votes
Remaster of a Rayman Raving Rabbids game
4%
Official website gathering the flash Rayman games
No votes
Return of the Rayman animated series
2%
More Rayman goodies
2%
Other Rayman fangames
2%
Other (detail in your comments)
No votes

Total votes: 50

Rayman Saturn
Vendeur
Tings: 9510

What next for Rayman's future

Post by Rayman Saturn » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 am

Hello dear fans of Rayman !
This new topic is the English version of the French topic named "L'Avenir de la saga Rayman", as someone suggested the idea I decided to share this topic with the English community ! As such, I do apologize for any mistakes !

You have here a poll about the games / remakes / ports or other contents you're wishing to see next in the Rayman franchise ! I've even added some bonuses like the prototypes of some games or the Rayman Revenge of the Dark fangame as many people are waiting for it !

You have 4 choices (I haven't picked this number randomly :wink:) and you're free to change your choices if you end up changing your mind !
Most importantly do not hesitate to explain with a comment your choice(s) ! Especially if you have particular expectations for one of your picks.
Of course if the choices of the poll do not satisfy you or 4 votes aren't enough you can add what you wanted in your comment !

We're looking forward to learn about your opinions !
Rayman c'est la vie ! :coeur:

The Jonster
Bétilla
Tings: 86585

Re: What next for Rayman's future

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 am

Rayman Saturn wrote:as someone suggested the idea
Yeah I think I already have an idea who it was, since someone also spoke to me about it, and quite honestly I followed the thread in the French forums for a little while. Anyway...

What I really want to see most is a Rayman 4 game. I know there was one that was planned but that was scrapped in favor of RRR. Of course, I am aware that Michel Ancel mentioned he would put out Rayman's fourth adventure when he finished Wild and BG&E2, so it might be awhile before that comes out, though I am willing to wait awhile for it.
RAYMAN GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE, I’M TRYING TO CONCENTRATE!!!Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:29 pm
Aaron wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am
Oh yeah and happy birthday to Jonster :teuf:
Well, today isn't technically Jonster's birthday. You are wishing his Ting account a "Happy Birthday". :oops2:

StelzenBomber
Razoff
Tings: 7515

Post by StelzenBomber » Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Since micael ancel has said he wants raymans 4th advanture

IM in as long as its as good as the first 3

The Jonster
Bétilla

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Hmm then what did you think about the UbiArt games? I’ve never played Legends and I haven’t finished Origins so I can’t give a completely accurate opinion on how I feel about them.
Steo wrote:
^ reminds me of someone who can take a lot of criticism and still refuses to get angry with me. ^ is really friendly with others and < is actually impressed at this stage :)
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Well, today isn't technically Jonster's birthday. You are wishing his Ting account a "Happy Birthday". :oops2:

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Post by StelzenBomber » Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 pm

The Jonster wrote:Hmm then what did you think about the UbiArt games? I’ve never played Legends and I haven’t finished Origins so I can’t give a completely accurate opinion on how I feel about them.
Ledgends was amazing

and origins gets real frustrating in the secound half

Birds858
Mr Sax
Tings: 26830

Post by Birds858 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Rayman Saturn wrote:Hello dear fans of Rayman !
This new topic is the English version of the French topic named "L'Avenir de la saga Rayman", as someone suggested the idea
Hey look, it’s me. :mrgreen:

I already give my thought on this but i see that some thing was added to the english poll. So here a translated version of my thought.

A 3D Rayman game would be what everyone wants.

I would not be against a sequel to Rayman Legends. But, if the series must stay in 2D. It will become very boring.

A sequel setted between Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 or Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 would be interesting.

Rayman Revenge of the Dark seems to be a very great fangame but if the future of the license is composed of fangames, it would be very sad.

Maybe a spin-off with the Incredibals. :P

I new style of Rayman games would be interesting.

A remake of Rayman 1 in the UbiArt engine would be a great idea.

Rayman Revolution is already the remake of Rayman 2. (even if some things was forget)

The 2D prototype of Rayman 2 had a lot of good idea even if it would surprise me that Ubisoft decided to release this version one day (if the prototype was finished).

A remaster or sequel of Rayman M is not a bad idea.

A remake of Rayman 3 is useless. The original version is already good.

The final version of Rayman Raving Rabbids already contains a lot of elements from the prototype and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone finds a way to play the prototype in the final version. :lol:

A Rayman Origins Defenitve Edition is useless for a game released 7 years ago. But, a remake, why not.

I don’t think that someone remember Rayman 3 on N-gage. (or even the console itself)

Some mobile games such as Rayman Kart or the mobile version of Rayman Raving Rabbids was not bad, although, i prefer to see a Rayman Kart 2 console.

Seems like this time, i am not the only one to have voted a remaste/remake of a rabbids game with Rayman. :lol: I find that Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 still requires a true story mode.

A return of the Rayman serie is not a bad idea. I find that the cartoon has potential for a new Rayman game.
Last edited by Birds858 on Sat May 26, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Post by StelzenBomber » Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Birds858 wrote:
This new topic is the English version of the French topic named "L'Avenir de la saga Rayman", as someone suggested the idea

I already give my thought on this but i see that some thing was added to the english poll. So here a translated version of my thought.

I would not be against a sequel to Rayman Legends. But, if the series must stay in 2D. It will become very boring.

A sequel sequel setted between Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 or Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 would be interesting.

Rayman Revenge of the Dark seems to be a very great fangame but if the future of the license is composed of fangames, it would be very sad.

Rayman Revolution is already the remake of Rayman 2. (even of some things was forget)

The 2D prototype of Rayman 2 had a lot of good idea even if it would surprise me that Ubisoft decided to release this version one day (if the prototype was finished).

The final version of Rayman Raving Rabbids already contains a lot of elements from the prototype and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone finds a way to play the prototype in the final version. : Lol:

A Rayman Origins Defenitve Edition is useless for a game released 7 years ago. But, a remake, why not.

I don’t think that someone remember Rayman 3 on N-gage. (or even the console itself)

Some mobile games such as Rayman Kart or the mobile version of Rayman Raving Rabbids was not bad, although, i prefer to see a Rayman Kart 2 console.

Seems like this time, i am not the only one to have voted a remaste/remake of a rabbids game with Rayman. :lol: I find that Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 still requires a true story mode.

A return of the Rayman serie is not a bad idea. I find that the cartoon has potential for a new Rayman game.
If they remade rayman 1 on ubiart...it would loose its original charm

it would get either too easy or harder than any game ever released

Also raymans controlls in rayman 1 were made around the leveldisign, but with the ledgends controlls....it would get a bit wired ( cou cant even hang)

ALso one last thing: The pixel art is way too good to be braught into ubiart

thats just mo

Birds858
Mr Sax

Post by Birds858 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 pm

StelzenBomber wrote:
Birds858 wrote:

A sequel sequel setted between Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 or Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 would be interesting.

Rayman Revolution is already the remake of Rayman 2. (even of some things was forget)

The final version of Rayman Raving Rabbids already contains a lot of elements from the prototype and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone finds a way to play the prototype in the final version. : Lol:

Also raymans controlls in rayman 1 were made around the leveldisign, but with the ledgends controlls....it would get a bit wired ( cou cant even hang)

thats just mo
UbiArt was made to look like to the engine of Rayman 1. Also, i remember a mock-up image of a remade version of the first level of Rayman 1 on UbiArt on the Facebook page of Rayman.

Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723

StelzenBomber
Razoff

Post by StelzenBomber » Wed May 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Birds858 wrote:
StelzenBomber wrote:
Birds858 wrote:

thats just mo
UbiArt was made to look like to the engine of Rayman 1. Also, i remember a mock-up image of a remade version of the first level of Rayman 1 on UbiArt on the Facebook page of Rayman.
If you find it, tell me i wanna see that

Birds858
Mr Sax

Post by Birds858 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 pm

StelzenBomber wrote:
Birds858 wrote:
StelzenBomber wrote:
Birds858 wrote:

thats just mo
If you find it, tell me i wanna see that

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :

The Jonster
Bétilla

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Birds858 wrote: A 3D Rayman game would be what everyone wants.
Hmmm..I'm not sure if everyone feels that way, but I definitely think it's time for a new 3D Rayman game, but whatever the next game is for Rayman, I will be fine with as long as it's good.
Birds858 wrote:Rayman Revenge of the Dark seems to be a very great fangame but if the future of the license is composed of fangames, it would be very sad.
Well for me that all depends on what the game looks like when it comes out, and whether people likes it. Considering how long it would take for Rayman's fourth adventure to come out (I think 2 years or something like that?), I am all up for seeing how this game turns out. I believe that Adsolution and the team will do a great job with this fangame.
Birds858 wrote:I new style of Rayman games would be interesting.
Yes, this is another interesting idea. I'm pretty curious to see what other angles the Rayman series can take.
Birds858 wrote:The 2D prototype of Rayman 2 had a lot of good idea even if it would surprise me that Ubisoft decided to release this version one day (if the prototype was finished).
Hmmm, if they did I wonder where this game would fit in in the timeline of Rayman's games... :?
Birds858 wrote:A remaster or sequel of Rayman M is not a bad idea.
I'm ok with this as long as they bring in the characters that most of us want and not throw-away characters that have no story or backhistory and serve almost no purpose.
Birds858 wrote:The final version of Rayman Raving Rabbids already contains a lot of elements from the prototype and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone finds a way to play the prototype in the final version. : Lol:
If there IS someone who does, I would be curious to see it.
Birds858 wrote:A return of the Rayman serie is not a bad idea. I find that the cartoon has potential for a new Rayman game.
I assume you're talking about the cartoon right? I think this series has potential, considering that only 4 episodes were released. Would like to see a few more Rayman characters though, but that's only my opinion.

https://scontent.fbru3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B51493F
Hmm, interesting. I wonder how you found this image.
Birds858 wrote:Hey look, it’s me. :mrgreen:
I knew it was you. 8)
Steo wrote:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Rayman Saturn
Vendeur

Post by Rayman Saturn » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Birds858 wrote:The 2D prototype of Rayman 2 had a lot of good idea even if it would surprise me that Ubisoft decided to release this version one day (if the prototype was finished).
The Jonster wrote:Hmmm, if they did I wonder where this game would fit in in the timeline of Rayman's games... :?
It doesn't need to be canon, or it could be in an alternative timeline like the handheld titles.
As it was far more intended to be a direct sequel to Rayman 1 than the actual Rayman 2 and many events seem to have taken place between the two games it could be a game actually taking place between Rayman 1 and 2 like Revenge of the Dark, also the intended plot for the prototype could fit in the series, there might just be some little changes to make and it could be a great opportunity to link the games and so bring more consistency and lore in the series.

Also I just noticed some little mistakes I made in the topic, the title should be "What's next for Rayman's future" (I forgot the first " 's").
As I cannot correct it, it would be nice if a moderator or a administrator passing by could fix it if possible.

Birds858
Mr Sax

Post by Birds858 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 pm

The Jonster wrote:
Birds858 wrote:The final version of Rayman Raving Rabbids already contains a lot of elements from the prototype and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone finds a way to play the prototype in the final version. : Lol:
If there IS someone who does, I would be curious to see it.
According to GOT4N, the files from the game seems to be a "huge mess to deal with" so it would probably take time (if of course there exist a way to play the prototype in the final version)
Birds858 wrote:Image
Hmm, interesting. I wonder how you found this image.
From the Facebook page of Rayman.

Birds858 wrote:

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3325

Post by PluMGMK » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Rayman Saturn wrote:Also I just noticed some little mistakes I made in the topic, the title should be "What's next for Rayman's future" (I forgot the first " 's").
As I cannot correct it, it would be nice if a moderator or a administrator passing by could fix it if possible.
You should be able to change it by editing the first post. But there's no need, "what next" sounds okay too. ;)

Also, that picture is beautiful, though it's not quite the same as Pink Plant Woods (is it?). And even if it were, the gameplay is still radically different…

The Jonster
Bétilla

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 pm

PluMGMK wrote:
Rayman Saturn wrote:Also I just noticed some little mistakes I made in the topic, the title should be "What's next for Rayman's future" (I forgot the first " 's").
You should be able to change it by editing the first post. But there's no need, "what next" sounds okay too. ;)

Also, that picture is beautiful, though it's not quite the same as Pink Plant Woods (is it?). And even if it were, the gameplay is still radically different…
Funny that's what the picture was making me think of....
Imagine if they used this example to make a remake of Rayman 1 in the style of UbiArt! :)
Steo wrote:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Aaron wrote:

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta

Post by PluMGMK » Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Tbh, since they were going to release the developer tools for UbiArt but never bothered, I find that picture to be quite a disgusting tease. Still, life's too short to get really upset… Sigh…

Rayman Saturn
Vendeur

Post by Rayman Saturn » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 pm

PluMGMK wrote:
Alright, thank you ! :D
I was afraid that the title would sound a little wrong ^^

The Jonster
Bétilla

Post by The Jonster » Wed May 16, 2018 10:29 pm

PluMGMK wrote:Tbh, since they were going to release the developer tools for UbiArt but never bothered, I find that picture to be quite a disgusting tease. Still, life's too short to get really upset… Sigh…
Hm, they were? I didn't know that either! Too bad they never released it, did they ever give a reason why?
Steo wrote:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Aaron wrote:

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta

Post by PluMGMK » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 pm

Nope, they just had two blogs that they set up after E3 2010: one for Rayman Origins and one for UbiArt generally. The UbiArt one said that the engine was going to be open-source. Then the blogs just went completely dormant. :|

The Jonster
Bétilla

Post by The Jonster » Thu May 17, 2018 2:51 am

Mmmm, too bad. That would really have been awesome to see; I'm a little disappointed at that, but I wonder, maybe it could be out there on the internet somewhere, and I wonder if maybe someone had tried looking for that engine? Well I may just be babbling nonsense at this point :oops2:
Steo wrote:
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Aaron wrote: