Should Rayman 4 Have Multiplayer?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Rayman 4 Multiplayer?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 16

Polokus
Ugly
Tings: 675

Should Rayman 4 Have Multiplayer?

Post by Polokus »

Hey guys just curious what you think about this, I know R4 can be a touchy subject with some people debating if it will happen and if so will it be 2D or 3D etc.
But, this question would apply to what ever comes out
(if it does).

Do u think that Rayman 4 if it were to be a proper main installment like 1,2 or 3. Should have multiplayer?

The reason I ask is because what I love about the first three is that they have a good story and I find you feel more immersed in the story with only one perspective.

Also nowadays I feel that developers are not getting to portray a games story as much when they spend time making the world "universal" for all characters.

In minigames yes, Absolutely. but in the main game, Let's just be Rayman.

What do you think?
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Should Rayman 4 Have Multiplayer?

Post by Steo »

I think if it did, then it would be nice if it had a good story where Globox was involved and you had the option to do coop while the other player controlled Globox. I'm really not sure how they could go about it, but I think it would be cool.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

Why not to be honest ? The coop on Origins and Legends were pretty good from what I’ve see so something similar in a 3D game would be interesting.
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

No, not in a main series game, the single player and Atmosphere is what made Rayman good back in the day. Rayman was always presented as such in the main titles. When there was multiplyer in a Rayman title, the game in question was a spinoff and had a different over all presentation. I dont consider Legends and Origins as main series titles but rather as throwbacks to a time when platformers were the king of genres. If there were to be multiplayer, it should either be just fun combat with your favorate characters or the multiplayer should feature a seperate story from the main story.
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Well, it depends. If it's going to be 2D, then yes. But if it's going to be in a 3D environment, then it wouldn't make sense to control 2 players at once. Think Rayman 2 and Revolution having multiplayer. That would be odd to see because it just wasn't designed for it.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Well like, I mean have a good story and be single player, but have it so there's a possibility of having a second player if you wanted to play co-op in the story. You would probably have to have Globox alongside you like the way it was in The Canopy and then another player can possibly control him. I mean I know the UbiArt games aren't really for the stories, but I personally find the UbiArt games really fun and when you say throwback, you could say that, but then again games back then couldn't run at such high resolutions meaning the art wouldn't have looked as nice as it does :)

I mean if it didn't have multiplayer, then I'm not going to lose any sleep, but co-op in a 3D game would really be cool in my opinion. I do remember playing The Incredibles: Rise Of The Underminer with my cousin years ago on co-op. The game was pretty short, but the co-op made it so much fun for us to play.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

I do agree, the UbiArt games are really fun, I have Rayman Legends and Rayman Fiesta Run (I had Rayman Jungle Run but I deleted it to free up some space) and both of them are really good, especially Rayman Legends! :)

Anyway, back on topic, I know what you mean now and I think something like that would be cool to see return in Rayman 4.
CoffeeNeko
Gandalf
Tings: 4106

Post by CoffeeNeko »

I would kill to play Rayman M2, even if it's just a minigame in Rayman 4.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Rayman Legends and Origins are good games, I just dont consider them as main series titles. On topic, the main reason I dont want muliplayer in the main story, which I hadnt mentioned on my previous post, is because of games like Lego Star Wars. Rayman Origins and Legends multiplayer have similar problems where if you go to far away it can cause problems to the other player and even get them eliminated at no fault of there own. Additionally to that, what I really, really dont want is secret cages and lums that require a friend to reach.
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3255

Post by Shadowrayman »

I was just about to make a topic like this until I saw your topic!

Well multiplayer would be excellent since multiplayer nowadays makes games popular. It would also make Rayman 4 a trending game. Well *cough* F O R T N I T E *cough* *cough* is another one of those multiplayer trending games as well but the thing is, it's too popular and it's a horrible game, full of fanboys, obnoxious teenagers, it's everywhere I go, on the news and of course it's repetitive. Rayman 4 needs to stop Fortnite from trending forever.

Anyways, let's not talk about F O R T N I T E and get on with the topic. They should at least keep single player since it's been in Rayman forever, in multiplayer they should let you play the entire game with a friend and try and get the game 100% together. They had that with Plants vs Zombies on PS3 and XBOX 360. They should also have a mode where you can battle each other like Rayman Arena, or even a mode where you have to solve puzzles together where your friend does half and you do the half of it as well. That's all I can say for now.
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

If it doesn't impact the main game, multiplayer would be awesome, I can't lie about that. Also, I don't know if Rayman would ever reach the level of Fortnite, unless.. They made a Rayman game kinda like the battle mode in Rayman M/Arena or just copy paste it and made that a battle royal Rayman game. That doesn't seem too bad actually I would play it. It would be addicting if it plays like Arena/M and if it had online and Instead of the 4 players why not 20 or more players you have a lot of variety of characters on all the different Rayman games so make them all playable on the current gen and upcoming gen.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Post by StelzenBomber »

I honestly want it like rayman 3 , that includes no multiplayer

ecept maby like in rayman 2 some minigames
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I think it would be cool to see Rayman 4 in multiplayer. Though even if it isn’t I still will look forward to it’s release.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Polokus
Ugly
Tings: 675

Post by Polokus »

Great points from all. I would love to see multiplayer in minigames but for the main game I just don't think you can portray a story like the first three when you build a game using the cameras and mechanics for multiplayer games. That's how we ended up with origins and legends, trying to get this "fun for all the family" everyone can play stuff.
Could u imagine trying to play the rapid parts of Rayman one bandland in co-op with "out of bounds" deaths and such. Multiplayer 2d platformers aren't as good as we've witnessed with R1 to origins. Maybe an online 3d world?
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

I would say it would be inappropriate this game being multiplayer if it were a 3D game. It would be better add a multiplayer mode in some minigames.

Also, I don't want Rayman 4 to be developed in UbiArt Framework because I don't like UbiArt-made Rayman games due to the fact being a video game "where you change character what you want like many apps such as Subway Surfers did" and having a lot of illogical content that does not match to earlier Rayman games.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Rayman 3 didn't match Rayman 2 either, and that didn't match Rayman 1. Origins did bring back Electoons and Betilla, so that has more in common with a previous game than any other game in the series did, but disliking UbiArt is fine, it's your personal preference.

I think it would be cool having a coop 3D game to be honest, as I mentioned before, player 2 could be Globox, and it could have a story where Globox is AI instead if there's only one player.

#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Post by #Rubber mark# »

I wouldn't say multiplayer is necessary, I prefer them to focus on the main game.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I'm waiting to see what kind of a job they do with Beyond Good & Evil 2, which will seemingly have a significant emphasis on multiplayer (or even massively multiplayer? Not 100% sure…). Unfortunately, I'm not very optimistic, but when it comes out, I'll arrive at a judgement and decide whether or not the next Rayman should do anything similar!
TheAlexinator
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by TheAlexinator »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:24 pm No, not in a main series game, the single player and Atmosphere is what made Rayman good back in the day. Rayman was always presented as such in the main titles. When there was multiplyer in a Rayman title, the game in question was a spinoff and had a different over all presentation. I dont consider Legends and Origins as main series titles but rather as throwbacks to a time when platformers were the king of genres. If there were to be multiplayer, it should either be just fun combat with your favorate characters or the multiplayer should feature a seperate story from the main story.
I think of Origins and Legends as a reboot of the series and separate from 1, 2 and 3 but iirc Michel Ancel said they were sequels to Rayman 3.