Does anyone remember a report on Rayman 2/Tonic Trouble on G4?

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Vaniberry
Matuvu
Tings: 145

Does anyone remember a report on Rayman 2/Tonic Trouble on G4?

Post by Vaniberry »

First of all,I need some context:
I'm european,I've never seen any of these ''videogame tv shows'' that were popular back in the 2000's. But there was one clip on youtube that I have been DESESPERATE to find again. First time I saw it I would say it was 4 or 3 years ago, I think it was a recording of a segment on the american channel G4 (i'm mostly saying this because I remember that the narrator used in their show, ICONS, sounds close to the narrator i remember from this clip) , it shows a girl close to somekind of studio/green screen, where she claims ''He's set the rank for the most handsome european man on the field. David Beckham? No, Rayman! And he's not afraid...''

Blablabla, it proceeds to show a little backstory on Ubisoft as a company, (how they mostly made educational games), how Michel Ancel got into the company, show the development of Rayman 1, mentioned Tonic Trouble and talked about Rayman 2, also exclaiming ''its considered to be one of the best videogames of all time''. I can't really date that clip, but by the quality and how they talked about Rayman 2 as a ''new game'', I would date it around 1998-1999.

I'm mostly trying to find it because I wanna have the pleasure of looking at it again, additional info that I remember is that there was french stereotyped music (you know,the accordion thingy) and that there was like somekind of intermission at the beggining at the clip. Thanks in advance!
'' I want Royal V to sing ''It's Good To Be The King'' at my funeral ''

Shadowrayman
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3250

Re: Does anyone remember a report on Rayman 2/Tonic Trouble on G4?

Post by Shadowrayman »

Haven't heard of it before but we may need to find people who have seen it or heard of it. I will also try to keep the thread alive.
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home

Shadowrayman
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3250

Re: Does anyone remember a report on Rayman 2/Tonic Trouble on G4?

Post by Shadowrayman »

Keeping thread alive
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home