Rayman 2: Nglide not showing up in GXsetup?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
imsofangry
Électoon
Tings: 0

Rayman 2: Nglide not showing up in GXsetup?

Post by imsofangry »

Hi,

First of all I'd like to apologise for invading your forum as I'm probably just being very dumb.
I'm trying to play Rayman 2 The Great Escape on PC (Uplay version not GOG) however I have some visual bugs such as Lums being blue squares, lighting effects having the wrong opacity and purple lums not being there at all. I could deal with cosmetic problems but then I spent like an hour trying to beat Axel with invisible purple lums and let's just say it was a LITTLE frustrating. I've spent a while trying to get it to work properly but it just won't. I've reinstalled and reinstalled to no avail, and that was when I came across the forum. I saw that using Nglide solved graphical issues for a lot of people to i decided to try that. I've downloaded and installed Nglide, set my screen's resolution, and run GXsetup in compatibility mode to avoid the pirate, but when I open GXsetup my only option when I click the renderer dropdown is DirectX6. What am I doing wrong? Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section of the fourm or something.

Tl;dr - When I open GXsetup on Uplay version of Rayman 2 my only option in the 'renderer' dropdown is DX6 even though I have Nglide installed and setup. What is wrong?
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Rayman 2: Nglide not showing up in GXsetup?

Post by Steo »

There will be a dll named GliVd1vf.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Rayman 2 The Great Escape\DLL\Glide. You need to move this dll from the Glide folder to the DLL folder instead, then GXSetup should show dgvoodoo as an option.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
imsofangry
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman 2: Nglide not showing up in GXsetup?

Post by imsofangry »

THAT DID IT!!! thank you, I'll finally get to play this game again, it was one of my favourites as a kid. Tings well deserved :)