TTQ: Season 118

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

incognito
Ratcognito
Posts: 15619
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am
Tings: 15073

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by incognito » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Not me, my vote goes to you, you're a friend and have a much better knowledge of the Rayniverse than me.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 28553
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3715

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by PluMGMK » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Thank you. :)
Now we just need Shroob and Tunder to vote…

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by Master » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:34 pm

Right, Plum has the majority, therefore, we now have our team captains!

Ray502 will be team captain for team Alfa, and Plum for team Bravo. The team captains will have final say and be the ones to submit the answers. They can also co-ordinate discussion on questions.

Given how the team captains are now confirmed, I just need Shroobie to confirm availability. Tunder already dropped by, so I'm going to assume that he's already good to go.
Image

Ray502
Reflux
Posts: 12206
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Tings: 121000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by Ray502 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:43 pm

I guess now is safe to say that, Plum, may the best team win!

Are we still kicking this thing off tomorrow?
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Posts: 5037
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Ȩ̛̣̙̖̣ͨ́͒̆̽Cͫ͞Ḥ̴̹̳͎̺́̿ͤ̑͜҉̵̧̙͇̄
Tings: 23280

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by CHRdutch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Is it possible to change team Alfa's name to "The A team"?

Of course, the other members of the team would have to agree with it. But I just like "The A team" better. :fou:
Image
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by Master » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Ray502 wrote:I guess now is safe to say that, Plum, may the best team win!

Are we still kicking this thing off tomorrow?
I'm hoping so, but it depends on whether I hear from Shroob or not. If I don't, we could still possibly start if the teams are balanced, but if they aren't, I might have to reshuffle.
CHRdutch wrote:Is it possible to change team Alfa's name to "The A team"?

Of course, the other members of the team would have to agree with it. But I just like "The A team" better. :fou:
Feel free to name your teams whatever you like, note however that I'm probably going to stick with Team A and B for the sake of clarity during the quiz.
Image

Tunderous
Moustique
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:34 am
Location: In a galaxy... far far away...
Contact:
Tings: 925

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by Tunderous » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:11 am

alrighty lets get started
Image Image
Keane wrote:VERY FAST POSTER EARNING TINGS AT INCREDIBLE HIGH SPEED

Shrooblord
Froutch
Posts: 15670
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: The Buccaneer MK. II
Tings: 64530

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by Shrooblord » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:02 am

Hi! Sorry! Was busy doing assignments for Uni the past few days. I am here and ready to rumble!

Although it's already been decided, I want to make sure to have explicitly cast my vote on Plum as our team captain. :)
Image
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by Master » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

I believe that's everyone accounted for!

Well then, I've got a lesson to go to in half an hour, I'll start when I return. In the meantime, please have a good read of the rules for this season:
Gameplay:
  • This quiz will play out in rounds, each round will consist of two sets of 10 questions
  • One set of questions will be asked to Team A, the other set to Team B
  • Unlike the normal quiz, there will be a time limit, 12 hours per question. There is also only ONE chance to answer, no editing of answers will be allowed.
  • Unanswered or incorrectly answered questions will be added to a third question set
  • New questions will be submitted once both teams have answered their questions, or if time runs out
  • In the event of a tie, both teams will nominate one player to play in a head-to-head.
  • Head to head takes place over a weekend, and will involve answering questions from the aforementioned third set.
  • In the event of a 10 point tie, there will be a fastest finger competition instead, players will inform the quizmaster as to when they're available in such an event.
  • Once a round ends, the highest scoring team is split into two, and a new round begins.
  • Final round will be traditional TTQ between the final two members.
Rules:
  • There will be team captains to co-ordinate teams, they will submit the final answers by quoting the quizmaster (to send notification) and highlighting the answer given (red and in bold).
  • In the event that a team captain is unavailable, a team member can submit an answer on their behalf in the same manner.
  • Should a team member answer a question against the wishes of the team's captains, the team member will be barred from participating for the next two questions.
  • Answers should be submitted by quoting the question, this will allow for the quizmaster to be notified
  • ONLY ONE ANSWER will be accepted, any attempts to answer or edit the given answer thereafter will cause the team to be penalised.
  • Answering the opposite team's question will invalidate both the opponents and the answering team's questions. The answering team will then be penalised by losing another question in their set. Thus giving less opportunity for points.
  • Continued aggravation will lead to disqualification with ting deductions.
  • If a team aggrieves en masse, they will automatically lose the round, and be subject to ting deductions.
As this is a special edition, I'll be giving ting rewards to the losing team at the end of each round. The ting reward will go up every round, for this round, the winnings will be 250 tings for each team member.
Image

Shrooblord
Froutch
Posts: 15670
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: The Buccaneer MK. II
Tings: 64530

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Shrooblord » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 am

Exciting...! Been a while since I've been in one of these. I used to love the Teensies Quizzes.

Are we supposed to discuss with the team captain over PM, or can we discuss in-thread, here (since each team has unique questions so discussing your own question doesn't risk the other team stealing your point)?
Image
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Master » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 am

You can discuss in the thread, it was one of the reasons I went with two sets of questions. I didn't want the Quiz to be consigned to behind the scenes.
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 START - ROUND ONE START

Post by Master » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Well, it's finally time. Fellow members, it is my absolute pleasure to commence...

The Teensies Quiz - Season 100 Special Edition
It's been a long time coming, and I'd like to take a moment to congratulate and thank all members for keeping this thing going since before I took over. I'm sure Xenon must be really happy to see his quiz go as far as it has, I know I am. Let's now celebrate this monumental milestone, with this, the 100th Season Special Edition.

All participants are reminded to check the rules I posted earlier today, this is a new format, so it's important to know how things will run. And with that, I hope everyone has fun, and let's begin!
To Team A:
Q1 - There's a rather nice little thing that the Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 covers share, what is it?

To Team B:
Q1 - Rayman 3 and Legends have quite a few things in common, despite being in different dimensions. One thing that they exclusively have in common, is the nature of Rayman's powers, what do you guys think this common thing is?
Image

Ambidextroid
Jano
Posts: 12607
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 am
Location: Jaffa Castle
Tings: 85140

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Ambidextroid » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm thinking it's the hidden M+A signature
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 28553
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3715

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by PluMGMK » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm thinking the fact that Rayman doesn't get powers from fairies at any point in R3 or Legends.

Carrot-master
Murray
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm
Tings: 21715

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Carrot-master » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 pm

That would seem about right considering R1, R2 and Origins all have fairies giving Rayman his new powers, while R3 and Legends don't. I at least can't think of anything better.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76676
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 551995

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Hunchman801 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Master wrote:Q1 - There's a rather nice little thing that the Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 covers share, what is it?
Rayman is on both? :mrgreen:
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:一個婊子的兒子, 我要把你的媽媽搞怪這個大婊子!
Un fils d'aveugle, je veux blâmer ta mère pour ce grand scorpion!

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Master » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:57 pm

If you're ready to submit your answer, the captain should quote the question
Master wrote: To Team B:
Q1 - Rayman 3 and Legends have quite a few things in common, despite being in different dimensions. One thing that they exclusively have in common, is the nature of Rayman's powers, what do you guys think this common thing is?
And highlight their answer, like so.

Otherwise, keep discussing!
Image

Ray502
Reflux
Posts: 12206
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Tings: 121000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Ray502 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Master wrote:Q1 - There's a rather nice little thing that the Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 covers share, what is it?
Our team is going to go with: "The hidden M+A signature."
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Master » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Team A have scored 1 point. Indeed, if you look closely at the covers of Rayman 1 and Rayman 2, there is a hidden M+A mark.

Team B, I await your final answer. You have 9 hours remaining.
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 76676
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 551995

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Hunchman801 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Master wrote:Team A have scored 1 point. Indeed, if you look closely at the covers of Rayman 1 and Rayman 2, there is a hidden M+A mark.
Where is it on the Rayman 2 cover?
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:一個婊子的兒子, 我要把你的媽媽搞怪這個大婊子!
Un fils d'aveugle, je veux blâmer ta mère pour ce grand scorpion!

Post Reply