TTQ Season 139 - The Jonster

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Post by incognito »

Not me, my vote goes to you, you're a friend and have a much better knowledge of the Rayniverse than me.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102730

Post by PluMGMK »

Thank you. :)
Now we just need Shroob and Tunder to vote…
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Right, Plum has the majority, therefore, we now have our team captains!

Ray502 will be team captain for team Alfa, and Plum for team Bravo. The team captains will have final say and be the ones to submit the answers. They can also co-ordinate discussion on questions.

Given how the team captains are now confirmed, I just need Shroobie to confirm availability. Tunder already dropped by, so I'm going to assume that he's already good to go.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I guess now is safe to say that, Plum, may the best team win!

Are we still kicking this thing off tomorrow?
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Is it possible to change team Alfa's name to "The A team"?

Of course, the other members of the team would have to agree with it. But I just like "The A team" better. :fou:
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Ray502 wrote:I guess now is safe to say that, Plum, may the best team win!

Are we still kicking this thing off tomorrow?
I'm hoping so, but it depends on whether I hear from Shroob or not. If I don't, we could still possibly start if the teams are balanced, but if they aren't, I might have to reshuffle.
CHRdutch wrote:Is it possible to change team Alfa's name to "The A team"?

Of course, the other members of the team would have to agree with it. But I just like "The A team" better. :fou:
Feel free to name your teams whatever you like, note however that I'm probably going to stick with Team A and B for the sake of clarity during the quiz.
Tunderous
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 930

Post by Tunderous »

alrighty lets get started
ImageImage if your seeing this im prob dead again
Keane wrote:VERY FAST POSTER EARNING TINGS AT INCREDIBLE HIGH SPEED
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Hi! Sorry! Was busy doing assignments for Uni the past few days. I am here and ready to rumble!

Although it's already been decided, I want to make sure to have explicitly cast my vote on Plum as our team captain. :)
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I believe that's everyone accounted for!

Well then, I've got a lesson to go to in half an hour, I'll start when I return. In the meantime, please have a good read of the rules for this season:
Gameplay:
  • This quiz will play out in rounds, each round will consist of two sets of 10 questions
  • One set of questions will be asked to Team A, the other set to Team B
  • Unlike the normal quiz, there will be a time limit, 12 hours per question. There is also only ONE chance to answer, no editing of answers will be allowed.
  • Unanswered or incorrectly answered questions will be added to a third question set
  • New questions will be submitted once both teams have answered their questions, or if time runs out
  • In the event of a tie, both teams will nominate one player to play in a head-to-head.
  • Head to head takes place over a weekend, and will involve answering questions from the aforementioned third set.
  • In the event of a 10 point tie, there will be a fastest finger competition instead, players will inform the quizmaster as to when they're available in such an event.
  • Once a round ends, the highest scoring team is split into two, and a new round begins.
  • Final round will be traditional TTQ between the final two members.
Rules:
  • There will be team captains to co-ordinate teams, they will submit the final answers by quoting the quizmaster (to send notification) and highlighting the answer given (red and in bold).
  • In the event that a team captain is unavailable, a team member can submit an answer on their behalf in the same manner.
  • Should a team member answer a question against the wishes of the team's captains, the team member will be barred from participating for the next two questions.
  • Answers should be submitted by quoting the question, this will allow for the quizmaster to be notified
  • ONLY ONE ANSWER will be accepted, any attempts to answer or edit the given answer thereafter will cause the team to be penalised.
  • Answering the opposite team's question will invalidate both the opponents and the answering team's questions. The answering team will then be penalised by losing another question in their set. Thus giving less opportunity for points.
  • Continued aggravation will lead to disqualification with ting deductions.
  • If a team aggrieves en masse, they will automatically lose the round, and be subject to ting deductions.
As this is a special edition, I'll be giving ting rewards to the losing team at the end of each round. The ting reward will go up every round, for this round, the winnings will be 250 tings for each team member.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Re: TTQ: Season 100 - ROUND ONE

Post by Shrooblord »

Exciting...! Been a while since I've been in one of these. I used to love the Teensies Quizzes.

Are we supposed to discuss with the team captain over PM, or can we discuss in-thread, here (since each team has unique questions so discussing your own question doesn't risk the other team stealing your point)?
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

You can discuss in the thread, it was one of the reasons I went with two sets of questions. I didn't want the Quiz to be consigned to behind the scenes.
Master
Rayman 1

Re: TTQ: Season 100 START - ROUND ONE START

Post by Master »

Well, it's finally time. Fellow members, it is my absolute pleasure to commence...

The Teensies Quiz - Season 100 Special Edition
It's been a long time coming, and I'd like to take a moment to congratulate and thank all members for keeping this thing going since before I took over. I'm sure Xenon must be really happy to see his quiz go as far as it has, I know I am. Let's now celebrate this monumental milestone, with this, the 100th Season Special Edition.

All participants are reminded to check the rules I posted earlier today, this is a new format, so it's important to know how things will run. And with that, I hope everyone has fun, and let's begin!
To Team A:
Q1 - There's a rather nice little thing that the Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 covers share, what is it?

To Team B:
Q1 - Rayman 3 and Legends have quite a few things in common, despite being in different dimensions. One thing that they exclusively have in common, is the nature of Rayman's powers, what do you guys think this common thing is?
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

I'm thinking it's the hidden M+A signature
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102730

Post by PluMGMK »

I'm thinking the fact that Rayman doesn't get powers from fairies at any point in R3 or Legends.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

That would seem about right considering R1, R2 and Origins all have fairies giving Rayman his new powers, while R3 and Legends don't. I at least can't think of anything better.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:Q1 - There's a rather nice little thing that the Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 covers share, what is it?
Rayman is on both? :mrgreen:
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

If you're ready to submit your answer, the captain should quote the question
Master wrote: To Team B:
Q1 - Rayman 3 and Legends have quite a few things in common, despite being in different dimensions. One thing that they exclusively have in common, is the nature of Rayman's powers, what do you guys think this common thing is?
And highlight their answer, like so.

Otherwise, keep discussing!
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Master wrote:Q1 - There's a rather nice little thing that the Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 covers share, what is it?
Our team is going to go with: "The hidden M+A signature."
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Team A have scored 1 point. Indeed, if you look closely at the covers of Rayman 1 and Rayman 2, there is a hidden M+A mark.

Team B, I await your final answer. You have 9 hours remaining.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:Team A have scored 1 point. Indeed, if you look closely at the covers of Rayman 1 and Rayman 2, there is a hidden M+A mark.
Where is it on the Rayman 2 cover?