Rare Rayman Pictures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

ZelenPixel
Robot
Tings: 2255

Re: Rare Rayman Pictures

Post by ZelenPixel »

woah thats pretty interesting!! what a tiny screen its amazing how tiny phone screens used to be
Dear Mario,

Where am i
Steo
Rayman 3
Tings: 227711

Post by Steo »

Did RayWiki have pictures of Rayman Golf on colour? I only recall the monochrome version being there.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Elite Piranha
Murray
Tings: 20285

Post by Elite Piranha »

Steo wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:56 pm Did RayWiki have pictures of Rayman Golf on colour? I only recall the monochrome version being there.
The article only has images from the monochrome version. In case anyone is interested, MobyGames has screenshots of the game (from both versions):

https://www.mobygames.com/game/j2me/ray ... creenshots
Steo
Rayman 3
Tings: 227711

Post by Steo »

I could run the game on a J2ME emulator and get screenshots too if it would help, but I'd have to see if they'd turn out right and use nearest neighbour.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
12RayChienne9
Pâquerette
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

I've discovered two pictures showing some selected reception: one of them is from Rayman Arena and the other is from Rayman 2 for Dreamcast.

The Rayman Arena one comes from Twitter while the picture about Rayman 2 for Dreamcast comes from a Rayman-dedicated zone from Tumblr called Just Rayman Things.

UPDATED:
I have found another... Has anyone seen this Rayman 2 concept art?

Duck_Duckington
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 1740

Post by Duck_Duckington »

Elite Piranha
Murray

Post by Elite Piranha »

I think this is just fan art that tries to imitate official concept art. I tried to reverse search the image and the only results that appear are from TechNick's twitter page.
12RayChienne9
Pâquerette

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:47 am I think this is just fan art that tries to imitate official concept art. I tried to reverse search the image and the only results that appear are from TechNick's twitter page.
Oh, I didn't know about it... :oops2:

I saw a retweet of this fan art and I mistaked it this retweet showing Globox with red eyes for the authentic Rayman 2 concept art. Yes, you're right... At least if you ask the first person who retweeted TechNick's fan art about if he can give you the authentic one...

UPDATED: I've been looking for where the R2 Rayman using emotions concept art comes from and, when I was searching "Rayman M concept art" in Google Pictures, I found a concept art about Teensies I have never seen before:

Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11875

Post by Electoon »

I posted these on Tumblr yesterday and it's gaining traction there, so I thought I'd share them with you guys too. Image scans from the Rayman Activity Centre (US) manual.

Rayman Sits:

Eight!*:

Betilla:

Joe the Cricket:

*No, I don't know why "8" either :P
TheAlexinator
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by TheAlexinator »

Electoon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 pm *No, I don't know why "8" either :P
The "8" image is probably counting numbers with Rayman.
Last edited by PluMGMK on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote large images.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 570925

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice! Don't hesitate to upload the whole manual to RayWiki.
insert sig for RPC's 17th bday
Ebray
Bébé Globox
Tings: 30

Post by Ebray »

Hello,

before welcoming me here, it's me Miss-Cerasus!
For some unknown reasons I couldn't log into my account anymore and decided to do a new account as new start.

Not sure if you guys have seen these videos before, but check out these cool rare Rayman 2 Beta videos this guy found:

And I found this Rayman 3 video, I posted on my Youtube channel:

Another Rayman 3 video showing beta stuff

And apparently the Hoodlums Army video has early animations:
PluMGMK
Estellia
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 7431

Post by PluMGMK »

Welcome back!

"Les images que vous voyez sont tirées de la version PC, mais l'adaptation PlayStation restera fidèle." Yeah right. :P Though to be fair, the lums in that video look a lot more like what ended up in the PS version than in the PC one. Perhaps the reason the PS version is so different is that it was working from an older snapshot of the game!

There are a few small gameplay differences that seem to make the gameplay feel more "dynamic" in some of these clips. For example:
:arrow: In the boss fight with Clark, you had to get behind him while he was swiping instead of being able to stun him with a laser beam.
:arrow: Movement is not restricted while standing on a nenuphar (Rayman can walk). Easy to see why the restriction was added though…
:arrow: Pirates actually get knocked back when Rayman punches them. Maybe this made certain fights too easy…

Also, Eig was meant to be an actual threat (at least if you didn't get off floating platforms quickly enough). I guess this was supposed to appear in the original version.

I think something was also mentioned in one of them about being able to select multiple difficulty levels. That might have been nice…
Eren
Bzzit
Tings: 24213

Post by Eren »

HOLY CRAP! Is no one really going to talk about that Rayman costume? It doesn't even look like any of the ones we've seen since now! :o It surprises me how still to this day we keep discovering new mascottes used to promote the games :D I bet there's still a lot of stuff we haven't discovered!

Also Rayman sure has an awkward way to "sit" :lol:
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:59 pm Also, Eig was meant to be an actual threat (at least if you didn't get off floating platforms quickly enough). I guess this was supposed to appear in the original version.
Where are you even supposed to jump to? I can't see anywhere to go. :lol: Anyway, it would have been cool to see more of Eig in the final game, but I kinda like how he's just some mysterious figure now.
PluMGMK
Estellia
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 7431

Post by PluMGMK »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:39 pm
PluMGMK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:59 pm Also, Eig was meant to be an actual threat (at least if you didn't get off floating platforms quickly enough). I guess this was supposed to appear in the original version.
Where are you even supposed to jump to? I can't see anywhere to go. :lol: Anyway, it would have been cool to see more of Eig in the final game, but I kinda like how he's just some mysterious figure now.
There's a wooden walkway in the background – presumably there's another section of it that Rayman could have jumped to before the cutscene we saw in the video.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Interesting! Eig was always such a mysterious character, especially when the wiki wasn't here yet to put the pieces together.
Elite Piranha
Murray

Post by Elite Piranha »

Sorry if this was already posted in this thread, but I found this promotional art of Rayman M that includes Ly:

I don't think this one is included in the wiki, however I can't confirm if this image is official or not.
12RayChienne9
Pâquerette

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:59 pm Sorry if this was already posted in this thread, but I found this promotional art of Rayman M that includes Ly:

I don't think this one is included in the wiki, however I can't confirm if this image is official or not.
I have never seen this picture before, it looks a slighty different version of Rayman M's cover art. Also, speaking about rare Rayman pictures, I have found another Rayman M-related picture, this time about a concept art:

I have found this Globox-themed concept art and another Rayman M concept art depicting two Teensies in an inactive, Rayman-themed Czech blog called raymandva, although inside the blog it is called "Rayman 5 Dìlů".
ZelenPixel
Robot
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

omg i love this one hes just like 8>
Dear Mario,

Where am i