Rare Rayman Pictures

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Rare Rayman Pictures

Post by Haruka »

Thanks, the stitching took a while as there were a lot of pictures to blend together and to ensure there was no discrepancy. It does seems that Roz was the original name for Betina and she would have weared a totally different outfit (and have a different human style too). As for Fudge we already know it was the original name for Cookie.

EDIT: OK, it seems the Roz fact was already written on RayWiki, for me this is a novelty as well these two images I've stitched together.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

-
Last edited by DandyGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

Ah yes, the Rayman 2 storyboard has already been documented, quite a shame honestly that only 3/4 storyboards of the game have surfaced..

@haruka aaah yes I remember that RayTAS storyboard, it was posted here very long ago, Rayman is blue because they still didn't have the rights for the character or something like that :P
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9120

Post by Eeeebray »

Haruka wrote:I am going to share here two storyboard fragments of what seem to be from an episode that was never finished and shown on its final version (or it could be a very early concept of the No Parking episode). It is Flash only but it is interesting to analyse the content:

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/film-and-tv/

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/storyboards/

Is it me or humans were intended to appear first than the Grub species or they would visit a different town where only humans reside in it?

EDIT: Spent the last hour trying to merge all into two different pictures as a way to catalogue this. :)
I remember posting this years ago here, so it's not actually new here. These Storyboard drawings are from Leon Joosen, who probably only worked on the Pilot of the series.
outofideasformyname
Lums Violet
Tings: 140

Post by outofideasformyname »

Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Ooh that looks like that's Mean Machines and I would say these things don't come up often. ;D
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Miss-Cerasus wrote:
Haruka wrote:I am going to share here two storyboard fragments of what seem to be from an episode that was never finished and shown on its final version (or it could be a very early concept of the No Parking episode). It is Flash only but it is interesting to analyse the content:

Is it me or humans were intended to appear first than the Grub species or they would visit a different town where only humans reside in it?

EDIT: Spent the last hour trying to merge all into two different pictures as a way to catalogue this. :)
I remember posting this years ago here, so it's not actually new here. These Storyboard drawings are from Leon Joosen, who probably only worked on the Pilot of the series.
Odd, I did not see these back then. Or I totally forgot about them. Thanks for the clearup! :up:
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine

Post by Eeeebray »

Haruka wrote:
Miss-Cerasus wrote:

Odd, I did not see these back then. Or I totally forgot about them. Thanks for the clearup! :up:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4934&hilit=leon+joosen&start=1600
No worries, it has been years since I found Leon Joosen and shared the link.
Eren
El Stomacho

Post by Eren »

So, recently I've been on a hunt for some rare Rayman 3 renders which were supposedly "lost" like the Snorty which has been proven to have existed on the Raymanzone website, so I've been searching for possible people who designed the characters or rendered them, if anyone has a tip about them I'd appreciate it, also the lead character designer posted this on a blog about his time on Rayman 3
[Nvm it was already archived]
I have seen the ones similar to this with razoff etc but never from this hoodlum so I'm sorry if it was already discovered.

EDIT: I've tried contacting the lead character designer and various additional artists, but all of them are on obscure french sites or just disappeared, the only active one is Manuel Hauss which already posted a lot of scrapped things from Rayman 3.

I'll give tings (if anybody still cares about em) to who can provide important infos on this and if (highly unlikely) someone will find the renders I'll reward him with 5000 tings or more.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Eren
El Stomacho

Post by Eren »

Bump!

Days ago I contacted Manuel Hauss, today he answered me
I am very proud of your interest Stefano
I actually work on the characters of Rayman 3
If you can connect to Pinterest you can see some with link
https://www.pinterest.fr/manuelhauss/mh ... r-ubisoft/

I don't remember the Snorty ... may be
Stéphane Zinetti with whom I worked remembers
Stéphane make a character for the open vidéo
where you can see un animal with big feet and a trompe and long hair
the idea was that Hoodlums outfits would be made with these poils
but i don't remember if they has rabbit ears...

With my message I give you images of characters I did some of them were not used in the end
I have to dive deep into my archive to find something else...
He gave me some awesome pics of scrapped hoodlums etc and the Zaqs, but they are already documented on the forum I think, he doesn't remember the character since he confused it with the bonton, I'll try and contact Stéphane later, also he told me that he's working on a new game with other people and it looks very fun :)
http://www.cibogame.com/cibos-2-2/
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

Am I the only one who found that dancing costume Rayman kind of endearing? Must just be me and my odd tastes at it again. Also, what's up with the odd teal Rayman in those Animated Series concepts?

EDIT: Just came across this image of roughs for Mr Stone and Space Mama's first phase- note that she is referred to as Mama Pirate.
Here is the source, which contains some other concept art I'm not sure I've seen before.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Thanks for those images, Dragon. I'll check RayWiki and see if there's need for updates.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Eren wrote:Bump!

Days ago I contacted Manuel Hauss, today he answered me
I am very proud of your interest Stefano
I actually work on the characters of Rayman 3
If you can connect to Pinterest you can see some with link
https://www.pinterest.fr/manuelhauss/mh ... r-ubisoft/

I don't remember the Snorty ... may be
Stéphane Zinetti with whom I worked remembers
Stéphane make a character for the open vidéo
where you can see un animal with big feet and a trompe and long hair
the idea was that Hoodlums outfits would be made with these poils
but i don't remember if they has rabbit ears...

With my message I give you images of characters I did some of them were not used in the end
I have to dive deep into my archive to find something else...
He gave me some awesome pics of scrapped hoodlums etc and the Zaqs, but they are already documented on the forum I think, he doesn't remember the character since he confused it with the bonton, I'll try and contact Stéphane later, also he told me that he's working on a new game with other people and it looks very fun :)
http://www.cibogame.com/cibos-2-2/
It's already referenced for Zaqs, they are aquatical creatures that were supposed to be used by Hoodlums to create soap iirc
Eren
El Stomacho

Post by Eren »

Ye I know that's why I said they were already documented. :p
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine

Post by Eeeebray »

Not sure if anyone saw this before, but I found this.
It contains small Beta stuff from Rayman 2. Ly's text is different and Rayman doing the wierd expression with his eye again. The level with the plum looks different too!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

You're brave, but the magic could be usefull too
waaaaah, greaaat
Rayman was once host to the spirit of Waluigi, it seems.
Juan_m_2
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by Juan_m_2 »

Hi guys! I recently made the Rayman 2 Prerelease article for The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF) https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Rayman_2:_The_Great_Escape. In it, I documented the most important steps and changes in development, using for this lots of digital press kits, and internet research (Rayman Pirate Community was a lot of help too, specially in the 2D cutted version). You maybe want to check it for new unseen content. That content can also be used to update the wiki here if needed.
MasterHero
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2280

Post by MasterHero »

While cleaning my computer I found these two pictures from R1 that show a slightly different worldmap (from early builds?).
I think I found them both in the japanese manual of R1. Maybe they can be added to the raywiki (early production of R1 or something)?
Attachments
RaymanJPS1_005.jpg
RaymanJPS1_009.jpg
RaymanJPS1_009.jpg (43.58 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
Eeeebray
Le Capitaine

Post by Eeeebray »

http://hiddenpalace.org/Category:Rayman ... prototypes

Did someone downloaded and played this prototype before? Just wondering if this prototype contains any differences or things which are scrapped.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

A Dreamcast prototype? That's the first I've heard of such a thing. Any of the more technical members want to chime in?