Rayman 3 scores

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 am

It works sometimes but sometimes the Knaaren doesn't walk forwards far enough. I always get to stand still without him hitting me but unless he walks far enough I just get knocked back in the direction I came instead.
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 am

For some reason I like using the strafe button when I try that. I don't think that works well either though... :oops2:
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 am

I know exactly what way to do it but the knaaren doesn't want to walk far enough most times. When he does I'm holding strafe then as soon as I get past him I let go of the strafe button and run. Unfortunately not with the lockjaw on this PC Version though.
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 am

I'm no quitter though! I'm going to keep trying even if it takes me weeks! But I think I'll take a break every now and then so I don't stress myself out too much over this one area. :lol:
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Maz
Chef Dragon
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 am
Tings: 17766

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Maz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am

You guys sure are improving fast, keep it up! Also congrats Ray for getting back into the Top 10! :)
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 | DOTK: 115.650 | LS: 43.100 | SBTC: 110.329 | HH: 119.809 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 917.445

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am

I really am trying. I haven't tried this hard at a game in a very long time :lol:

I can see how all you people in the higher end of the HoF really worked for your place because it's not as simple as someone would think. I didn't realise it would be such a challenge until I actually tried to get scores a few months back and wondered why MandM81 could do stuff I couldn't. I kept thinking well I'm doing what he does in the video but it doesn't work for me, not realising I was just awful at the game :lol:
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Same, this is the first time actually that I’m making an actual effort in scoring well.

I always knew the moment I looked at all the high scores in the HOF that it wouldn’t be easy so that’s why I’m practicing so that when I start the version that I want to use for my official score I’ll have practiced all those freakishly combos that I’m going to use.

I’m probably going to keep practicing on another version after I finish the GameCube so I can see what all the differences are for myself and see which one would suit me best. :)
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Yeah there's no harm in that. As I said before it's all good practice either way :)
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 pm

True. Oh compared to what I said earlier I changed my mind. I’m going to play Hoodlums’ Revenge after finishing the GC version, then the PS2 version. If I just jumped straight into it again after completing it I’m going to completely burn myself out on the game. I need to take a short break and cool down after all the practicing. I’ve been practicing for almost a week now after all. :D
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 pm

I actually haven't played much of Hoodlums Revenge or Rayman 3 on GBA but after I get over 600k I moght take some short breaks too and at least just play R3 for a couple hours in between instead of non stop if I play it.
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Like we did the past few days? :lol:
Phew made 30Ksomething on phase 1. Not too bad. Managed to finally pull off one combo, the other one, just couldn't do with the Lockjaw's time limit.
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm still on DOTK. I got to part 4 with 37047 so far.

I'm interested in trying HH and TOTL again though :)
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 pm

I might try some other stages if I don't reach my goal too :D
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Ray502
Reflux
Posts: 12125
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Tings: 120020

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Ray502 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Oh dang, I forgot to say thanks to everyone who congratulated me on reaching the top 10 again. Thanks! :D

Today I was able to increase my CF score to 107.954, making my total score 819.556. This means I'm only a little over 1k left to claim the 9th spot on the HOF. :)

I haven't been sure which world to go to to get that extra 1k+ score. I was deciding between FC, LS and SBTC. I didn't feel like replaying SBTC for like the hundredth time ( :P ) nor dealing with that crazy shoe in LS so I decided to replay FC, which is certainly no cakewalk with the matuvus.
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 pm

The third Matuvu is definitely the hardest to get right. I tried just taking the first Matuvu immediately after you hit Andre because that's easy, then the second and rolling off the edge, but I always fail to take the third one in combo.
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:40 pm

HOORAY!!! :teuf: :partyhat:
It took me hours but finally, I got the score I wanted!

FC: 34349
CF: 105029
BOM: 58889
TLOTLD: 119146
DOTK: 90027
TLS: 40950
TSBTC: 75882
HH: 86888
TTOTL: 88897

My total score for practice on the GameCube is 700067. Just barely slipped through the mark! :proud:
I still have 9 files left to fill though 8)
My last one will definitely have me using all the glitches and combos that you guys have given to me. Which reminds me, I want to thank everybody here again for all the help you've given me and Steo! It's been really helpful. I hope someday I'll be able to get scores as high as all of you, but to do that, guess i have to practice some more! :) :hap:

I'm not going to dive into the next console version I want to practice just yet, unless I want to burn myself out. :lol:
Probably in a few days I'll give the PS2 version a go. :wink: :angel:
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 pm

I need to revise HH, SBTC, TOTL and BOM because my score is only 575000 over them. I have over 100k on 3 levels and still that low :lol:

I need to do LOTLD again also and try break 110k since I only have 105k.

My current scores on PC and I know some of these aren't great as I've yet to replay them.

FC: 30,989
CF: 101,887
BOM: 41,233
LOTLD: 105,585
DOTK: 100,096
LS: 37,340
SBTC: 33,072
HH: 64,694
TOTL: 60,986

Total: 575,882

So yeah BOM, SBTC, HH and TOTL need revisiting first but I'm not sure what to go for next.
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 27888
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Contact:
Tings: 3610

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby PluMGMK » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 pm

If you're really doing 10 saves, I'm sure you'll get to 800k by the end of it!

The Jonster
Rayman poirier
Posts: 21944
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: Working on my next video walkthrough
Contact:
Tings: 895

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby The Jonster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 pm

PluMGMK wrote:If you're really doing 10 saves, I'm sure you'll get to 800k by the end of it!


Rayman games are one of those series that I am notorious for making 100% on everything. The maxsave filed on a GC is 10 so naturally im doing 10 :D
Image
My playthroughs. :D
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:
Steo wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Much of the community's members are my friends. And my friends' opinions about me as a person do matter to me because they can help me become a better person, whether good or bad. :hap:
^ Reminds me of a genuinely friendly guy and no matter what gets thrown his way he's never mean to anyone, and that's a really good trait to have :)
< thinks ^^ actually has what it takes to be a decent poster for RPC. :wink:

Steo
André
Posts: 17361
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 96865

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Postby Steo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 pm

1234 wrote:Hello steocullen91! Welcome to the forum! :)

I guess you don't play on Xbox, do you? The point is that in the Xbox version you can jump a little bit higher than in the other versions. The difference is hardly noticeable, but it's still enough to make this jump (and maybe a few other jumps e.g. in SBTC part 2) impossible on the other consoles. Cut once wrote that the order of the jumping height is: Xbox > GC > PS2 > PC.

If you want to give it a shot, you might try a superjump to reach the vortex at the beginning. You can see one here.
However performing this glitch is probably quite annoying when you try it for the first time. So, if you don't want to put too much effort into it, you can simply play the beginning without the vortex. You'll be still able to get a nice score in the end then. Good luck! :wink:

So I know this was a while back and now that I'm a lot better at the game than I was, are you sure it's (Xbox > GC > PS2 > PC) and not (Xbox > PC > PS2 > GC)?

I'm wondering because in my experience, the GC height seems to be the lowest and you can't even make the part 1 jump on FC at the 3 mushrooms, but in every other version you can make it. Maybe there's something else different but xbox definitely has the highest jump :)

EDIT: I'm not saying you're wrong, maybe the slope physics are just different or something but it's just odd that the GC is the only version you can't make the jump on.
Image
Dougal: I had Jaws 2 Ted! It's a different film!
It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Don't be second guessing or stressing 'cause I'm only messing :P


Return to “Rayman”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests