Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Droolie »

All the news is amazing. The first two levels look quite good IMO. Hope the rest of the game follows the same trend and gets even better.
I also noticed that they included elements from the R2 2D prototype, like the switching between layers. Nicely done, Ubisoft. :D
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

We should go on-topic, then :oops2:

You know, guys? I think it's unfair how people that have access to play rayman origins don't even know who rayman is, and just find Rayman Origins as a "NSMBWii response from ubisoft". They can't even identify globox and just call him "the big blue guy" or something like that. Rayman deserves more than that.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rayman has been very long time in hiatus too.

I don't care what previewers say, as long they do not lie about the game's details in later reviews.

It already happened to me reading reviews of other games that say bullshit about things that aren't as bad as they tend to criticize.
iambored2006
Chiottes
Tings: 0

Post by iambored2006 »

Ancel actually said in an interview that RO was before NSMBW.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

iambored2006 wrote:Ancel actually said in an interview that RO was before NSMBW.
But he also said that when they saw NSMBW, they completely redesigned the game to be similar to it.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Master4lyf1 wrote:I don't care what reviews say, just as long as Michel gives us that Rayman we waited for 8 years for, and with a considerable amount of quality, I shall be happy.
What I have to say about reviews.
Though it would be nice if reviewers did their homework before making accusations and such.
Nannerb3
El Luchador
Tings: 22135

Post by Nannerb3 »

OH MY GOSH Murphy's in Rayman Origins! YES! :waaahhh:
I hope Ubi realeases some Murphy artwork!
I never even finished the videos, I just saw the part with Murphy and that's it, I don't think I can handle much more spoilers.
Also, here is a new article, with some more screenshots. :oops2:
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

Iwant to play RO even more now.... I can't wait...gonna...explode...
Paradigm
Ugly
Tings: 683

Post by Paradigm »

spiraldoor wrote:My guess is that, once the players defeat the final boss in the Land of the Livid Dead, the game will end with a cinematic that shows the area transforming from a monster-filled wasteland to the idyllic Celtic landscape we visited in Rayman 3.
Or the colorful, tranquil landscape from the first game, seeing as this is the prequel to Rayman 1...
sergiomonty wrote:We should go on-topic, then :oops2:

You know, guys? I think it's unfair how people that have access to play rayman origins don't even know who rayman is, and just find Rayman Origins as a "NSMBWii response from ubisoft". They can't even identify globox and just call him "the big blue guy" or something like that. Rayman deserves more than that.
Indeed. The two guys in that recent video (posted on the previous page) sound like idiots.

Besides, I don't see how Origins is ripping off New Super Mario Brothers Wii when Origins went into production before the Mario game. According to Michael Ancel in one of the recent video interviews, RO came first...
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Well, Ubisoft stated major ideas were changed after they got their hands of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
[N]Gamer wrote:This game is New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2, only they changed Mario to Rayman and made the game one of the most gorgeous 2D games ever. Though the game somewhat resemble it, Rayman Origins remains an extremely creative game with many new features. Plus, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a good game, so Rayman Origins can only become better this way.
I think we should notice the large difference in gameplay though.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Nannerb3
El Luchador

Post by Nannerb3 »

RayTunes wrote:Well, Ubisoft stated major ideas were changed after they got their hands of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
[N]Gamer wrote:This game is New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2, only they changed Mario to Rayman and made the game one of the most gorgeous 2D games ever. Though the game somewhat resemble it, Rayman Origins remains an extremely creative game with many new features. Plus, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a good game, so Rayman Origins can only become better this way.
I think we should notice the large difference in gameplay though.
Just by watching gameplay, it looks like that's how it's gonna be.
Haruka wrote:And about the 14th DB, there's an Eiffel Tower cameo!
Where? I didn't see one.
Holy Crap
Vendeur
Location: I AM OMNIPRESENT! (Just like God, only better, because I exist)
Tings: 80202

Post by Holy Crap »

Drolpiraat wrote:I also noticed that they included elements from the R2 2D prototype, like the switching between layers. Nicely done, Ubisoft. :D
I doubt this is intentional. I reckon, along with silouette stages and hectic backgrounds, it was taken straight out of DKC Returns.
Not that I'm complaining, DKC Returns is FANTASTIC
SuperSunshine
Électoon

Post by SuperSunshine »

Aahh i shouldin't have came on PC till the release of RO. Got a bit of a spoiler there. :lol:

But ohh man is this game looking good! Murpy?! The Magician?! My wishes are coming true! And don't get me started to Betilla, jesus they really did bring out the Nymph in her.

Also I just checked the Canadian gamestop, we now also get Beyond good and evil HD for free with preorder. :D
spiraldoor wrote:*reads the script*
*finds out the truth about The Reveal*
beebo44
Olympia
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 »

Now I feel bad for seeing Murfy and the Magician's Hat. After I saw the the Magician's Hat I exited the video, and haven't watched any of the others. But guys, if another spoiler video does come on, for the people who don't want to know the details of the game's sakes', please don't scream out what the spoiler is, just say that there's a spoiler.

I am excited now though, MURFY!!!!!!!!
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Greenbottle3 wrote:
Haruka wrote:And about the 14th DB, there's an Eiffel Tower cameo!
Where? I didn't see one.
The snowglobe thingy in one of the pictures.

And Moody Clouds will become my favorite level. Seriously.
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

also in the videos we can see the spiraldoors are canceled :'(
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Paradigm wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:My guess is that, once the players defeat the final boss in the Land of the Livid Dead, the game will end with a cinematic that shows the area transforming from a monster-filled wasteland to the idyllic Celtic landscape we visited in Rayman 3.
Or the colorful, tranquil landscape from the first game, seeing as this is the prequel to Rayman 1...
I think you missed my point. The Land of the Livid Dead doesn’t appear in R1 – it appears only in R3 and Origins.
MasterHero
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2280

Post by MasterHero »

German gameplay trough the first 3 stages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s4U2L4dkHU

Not much new things, but this time we see the titel screen and a mixed up trailer at the beginning.
Also in this version are a few more enemys, i think. But I'm not sure.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

MasterHero wrote:German gameplay trough the first 3 stages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s4U2L4dkHU

Not much new things, but this time we see the titel screen and a mixed up trailer at the beginning.
Also in this version are a few more enemys, i think. But I'm not sure.
I'm not sure, but I think that every 5 Electoons you get a character/skin.
Nannerb3
El Luchador

Post by Nannerb3 »

I don't think November is ever going to get here. :(
I've never been this excited for a game before.