Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Shrooblord »

Spanex wrote:But yeah, you know, I never really sat down and gave Rayman 1 a good playthrough.
!
Heretic! You must be cleansed with holy fire!
Spanex wrote:Slowly I'm getting uncomfortable with staying on this forum.
Just ignore them I guess. I wonder where Hunch is at times like this. :pfff:

Back to Origins, I just recently went to the Moody Clouds level (the one above Mystic Piques) to find [the other four worlds expanded] into more awesome. That was fun. It was a little less fun discovering how much the difficulty had changed, though that is a challenge in its own. Let me give you a comparisson. If the first level in Origins was difficulty 1 and the last level in Mystic Piques was 5, the very first of [the expanded levels (the first forest one for example)] has difficulty 25. ... still fun to play though, but getting all those Lums is a beach! I managed to get really close in one level only to find I had only needed 3 more Lums to get the Medal. FFFFFFFuu! Still, nothing's worse than the original Rayman game, which has a collective difficulty of 9001 on my scale, with that number, of course, being... (complete the sentence for me please)
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Shrooblord wrote:...which has a collective difficulty of 9001 on my scale, with that number, of course, being... (complete the sentence for me please)
Over 9000?

I think Origins would still be difficult if it retained the life system from R1.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

RayFan9876 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:We both know that you have no revenge plan.
I suggest you not make wild claims about what I have or don't have, until you have the first idea what this is about.
Canard has unlimited power on this forum, whereas you have none. It doesn’t take extraordinary deductive skills to tell that there is no way you could possibly exact vengeance upon him. Even if you did manage to muster some kind of attack upon Canard, he would surely obliterate you in response.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

spiraldoor wrote:Canard has unlimited power on this forum.
How come this can even be the case? Shouldn't there be some way of protecting a forum from an attack?
We're lucky there's no real harm to be done by hacking this forum, except for maybe personal shame and feelings of insecurity, as well as possibly misinformation. At least it ends there. I hope.
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Nannerb3
El Luchador
Tings: 22135

Post by Nannerb3 »

Danone wrote:But Jaxxckle is the best rayman 1 and designer playerImage
Where do you get all of those Rayman sprites?
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Shrooblord wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:Canard has unlimited power on this forum.
How come this can even be the case? Shouldn't there be some way of protecting a forum from an attack?
We're lucky there's no real harm to be done by hacking this forum, except for maybe personal shame and feelings of insecurity, as well as possibly misinformation. At least it ends there. I hope.
This is the natural order of things. As long as you afford the Jlfksjlfl group proper respect, you have nothing to fear.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

spiraldoor wrote:the Jlfksjlfl group
The who now?
Yeah, fine - I'm not really bothered about false rumours or Tingnappings anyway. I'm just a little concerned for the rest of the users who seem to get offended by by this type of occurance.
iHeckler9
Chasseur
Tings: 1830

Post by iHeckler9 »

Alright, here's my theory on things.

In Shoot for the Stars, Mr. Dark jumps off of a cliff and lands on a Warship piloted by Hunters and Lividstones. Now, if the Lividstones and Hunters were hostile, they would surely disapprove of a stranger boarding their ship and giving them orders to attack a stranger on Moskitoback and would attempt to kill him. Because they don't, it can only be assumed that they have an alliance, and the msot obvious alliance I can think of is that the Hunters and Lividstones work for Mr. Dark. With me so far?
A bit of trivia: In Pirate's Treasure!, once the Tricky Treasure sees Rayman, it jumps onto the Lividstone's Warship. For the same reason as above, if the Lividstone didn't want the Tricky Treasure on the Warship, it would have chased it off. (It could just be that the Tricky Treasure wanted a platform to land on, but it is so sure in its movements that it simply wouldn't jump into a hostile Warship.) Thus, following the logic that the Lividstones work for the Hunters, and the Hunters work for Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark has some sort of control over Tricky Treasures, and may even be their creator. More on this later.
Now, this is where it gets complicated. In Port 'O Panic, the Darktoon that has Annetta Fish in its mouth jumps onto a Warship. The logic above explains that if the Lividstones did not like it, they would have disposed of it in some way. Because they didn't, Mr. Dark must have some power over Darktoons.
Jano, Bubble Dreamer's alter ego, produces Darktoons like cows make milk. As I've explained, Mr. Dark has some power over Darktoons. It can either be two things: They could be scared of him, or, Jano and Mr. Dark are in alliance (but we don't know which one is stronger in power) and when Rayman went on his quest to find a bunch of Electoons, Mr. Dark, in effect, became the Magician.
The Fakirs, as you might know, have an odd habit of sacrificing peas to help get Polokus back to normal again. Why do the Fakirs have Darktoons on their heads in the first place? Because Mr. Dark doesn't want to get Bubble Dreamer back to normal, and possibly wants to overthrow him, just like in the script.
Coming back to a previous point is stressful, so here's a joke. What's black and white and has no red? The Grim Reaper. Who do you think beat him up? Rayman wants to go into the Land of the Livid Dead to sort out Big Mama, but only one person, the same person that changed Big Mama into a monster, is trying to stop Rayman get in. If Mr. Dark did indeed make the Tricky Treasures, then he must want to protect the Skull Teeth inside, so Rayman cannot get in.
I'm running out of ideas, but...In the opening sequence of the game, Polokus blows bubbles with characters inside and they pop. We know that Polokus creates stuff out of his bubbles, and at the very end he blows a monster Daisy bubble. But wait, why would he dream about that?
The Granny in the intro orders the Psychlopses and Darktoons to attack the heroes. The Grannies have some control over Darktoons and Psychlopses. The Darktoons and Psychlopses are both the same colour and in the opening they are all seen together underground, as a massive family. When they all start screaming, there's loads of them as well. The Darktoons are a species. When the First Bad Dream happened, the Four Kings transformed into monsters, and so did Big Mama. If you remember, it wasn't Polokus who caused it, technically it was Jano. Because Jano and Mr Dark are allies, Jano and Mr. Dark probably agreed to transform the Four Kings into monsters to kill Rayman and seal the portal to Moody Clouds, so Mr. Dark could get ready for his attack on Polokus. Thus: Mr. Dark is the root of all evil.
Thanks for your time. --iHeckler9
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

As I can see the recent events were also discussed here, I will copy our declaration on the subject here:
Hunchman801 wrote:Several members have complained about the lack of official response to the multiple hacks that happened lately, and I have read a lot of disinformation these days, so here is all you should know.

No person or group has unlimited or extended powers on the forum or any other part of the site, expect for staff members or some of their former colleagues. All the modifications performed to or messages sent from the accounts of the persons who were “hacked” were done from their computers, which not only excludes the exploitation of a security flaw on Pirate-Community but also prevents the identification of the responsible entities from our side.

Therefore, you are all invited to secure your network and computers, notably by having up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software installed. We also advise you not to gratuitously provoke any persons or groups you might believe affiliated with any sort of computer hacking, or that appear suspicious from this point of view.

Thank you for your attention, and rest assured that everything is done on our side to provide you with a secure and enjoyable place to discuss the Rayman series... and everything else!
Now, back on topic please. For any reactions to the above message, please post in the topic in question.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

iHeckler9 wrote:In Shoot for the Stars, Mr. Dark jumps off of a cliff and lands on a Warship piloted by Hunters and Lividstones. Now, if the Lividstones and Hunters were hostile, they would surely disapprove of a stranger boarding their ship and giving them orders to attack a stranger on Moskitoback and would attempt to kill him. Because they don't, it can only be assumed that they have an alliance, and the msot obvious alliance I can think of is that the Hunters and Lividstones work for Mr. Dark. With me so far?
I’m quite sure that that’s the Magician, not Mr Dark. The script tells us that the Magician’s ultimate goal was to overthrow the Bubble Dreamer with his mechas, so all the Magician’s other actions (like starting a war between the Rayman and the Livid Dead) can be seen as preliminary to that. If the Hunters and Lividstones work for the Magician, that means it’s the Magician who ordered them to start capturing Electoons, causing the bonds between the lands to disintegrate. Meaning that, rather than just barging straight to the Moody Clouds, Rayman would have to travel all the way around the Glade to free the Electoons, unwittingly gathering Lums for the Magician with every step. If he directed the Hunters and Lividstones to do the capturing, that would also explain why he has a ready supply of Electoons to offer Rayman in exchange for the Lums he needs to power his machines.
iHeckler9 wrote:A bit of trivia: In Pirate's Treasure!, once the Tricky Treasure sees Rayman, it jumps onto the Lividstone's Warship. For the same reason as above, if the Lividstone didn't want the Tricky Treasure on the Warship, it would have chased it off. (It could just be that the Tricky Treasure wanted a platform to land on, but it is so sure in its movements that it simply wouldn't jump into a hostile Warship.) Thus, following the logic that the Lividstones work for the Hunters, and the Hunters work for Mr. Dark, Mr. Dark has some sort of control over Tricky Treasures, and may even be their creator. More on this later.
I follow your logic, but as I said above, I don’t think Mr Dark has anything to do with this: it’s the Magician that’s behind everything this time.
iHeckler9 wrote:Now, this is where it gets complicated. In Port 'O Panic, the Darktoon that has Annetta Fish in its mouth jumps onto a Warship. The logic above explains that if the Lividstones did not like it, they would have disposed of it in some way. Because they didn't, Mr. Dark must have some power over Darktoons.
Darktoons don’t really seem to be an organised and intelligent force; they’re just malevolent bundles of dark energy. They were spawned by Jano and apparently served him in the beginning, they work for Mr Dark in R1, they have no clear alliance but to themselves in the PS1 version of R2, and they appear to serve both the Livid Dead and the Magician in Rayman Origins. They’re just little monsters who are in it for themselves – much like the piranhas.
iHeckler9 wrote:Jano, Bubble Dreamer's alter ego, produces Darktoons like cows make milk. As I've explained, Mr. Dark has some power over Darktoons. It can either be two things: They could be scared of him, or, Jano and Mr. Dark are in alliance (but we don't know which one is stronger in power) and when Rayman went on his quest to find a bunch of Electoons, Mr. Dark, in effect, became the Magician.
I guess you missed this, but Jano is not the Bubble Dreamer’s alter-ego but his offspring. The website has a mistranslation; it should say that the Bubble Dreamer ‘begot’ Jano, not that he ‘became’ him. This error does not appear on the French site or in the English manual. The English site contains several other errors, such as stating that Soldiers, piranhas and Mr Dark appear in the game.
iHeckler9 wrote:The Fakirs, as you might know, have an odd habit of sacrificing peas to help get Polokus back to normal again. Why do the Fakirs have Darktoons on their heads in the first place? Because Mr. Dark doesn't want to get Bubble Dreamer back to normal, and possibly wants to overthrow him, just like in the script.
The script makes it pretty explicit that the Magician is an admirer of Mr Dark – you might have missed this as well, but Drolpiraat discovered that certain text characters in the file corresponded with the character meant to speak each line in the game, and the Magician is definitely the one who says ‘I always wanted to be like Mr Dark’. As for the Fakirs, I suppose those Darktoons could have been sent by the Magician to stop the pea sacrifice, or they could have been sent by the Livid Dead, who simply want to destroy everything.
iHeckler9 wrote:Coming back to a previous point is stressful, so here's a joke. What's black and white and has no red? The Grim Reaper. Who do you think beat him up? Rayman wants to go into the Land of the Livid Dead to sort out Big Mama, but only one person, the same person that changed Big Mama into a monster, is trying to stop Rayman get in. If Mr. Dark did indeed make the Tricky Treasures, then he must want to protect the Skull Teeth inside, so Rayman cannot get in.
I'm running out of ideas, but...In the opening sequence of the game, Polokus blows bubbles with characters inside and they pop. We know that Polokus creates stuff out of his bubbles, and at the very end he blows a monster Daisy bubble. But wait, why would he dream about that?
You’re reaching a bit by suggesting that someone assaulted the Grim Reaper – the bandage on his head ould easily have been from an accident that occurred during his lifetime or something like that. No reference is made to it in the story, so I doubt it’s important. Nobody changed the Kings of each land into monsters; it simply happened as a result of the increasing influence of Bubble Dreamer’s nightmares. This was caused by the Livid Dead invasion, which in turn was orchestrated by the Magician, who planted a microphone in the Snoring Tree. The forest, music, food and sea worlds each have one elemental animal ruler and one nymph; the Land of the Livid Dead’s ruler and nymph happen to be the same being, Big Mama. The opening sequence of the game is meant to convey the idea that the Bubble Dreamer is dreaming the world and its inhabitants into existence; it shouldn’t be taken too literally, or we’d have to assume that Betilla was created just a few moments into the game (which would make her much younger than Rayman, whom she created).
iHeckler9 wrote:The Granny in the intro orders the Psychlopses and Darktoons to attack the heroes. The Grannies have some control over Darktoons and Psychlopses. The Darktoons and Psychlopses are both the same colour and in the opening they are all seen together underground, as a massive family. When they all start screaming, there's loads of them as well. The Darktoons are a species. When the First Bad Dream happened, the Four Kings transformed into monsters, and so did Big Mama. If you remember, it wasn't Polokus who caused it, technically it was Jano. Because Jano and Mr Dark are allies, Jano and Mr. Dark probably agreed to transform the Four Kings into monsters to kill Rayman and seal the portal to Moody Clouds, so Mr. Dark could get ready for his attack on Polokus. Thus: Mr. Dark is the root of all evil.
Thanks for your time. --iHeckler9
Where does it say that the four Kings transformed into monsters when the First Bad Dream happened? I thought they only transformed much later, during the events of Rayman Origins. Since happening to govern some Darktoons does not necessarily imply that villains are in league with one another, I really see no evidence that Jano and Mr Dark (or Jano and the Magician) have any kind of allegiance. I would hazard a guess that this convoluted theory was created to justify your belief that Mr Dark is the mega-villain behind every bad thing that’s ever happened. While that’s perfectly understandable (Mr Dark is very cool), I’m afraid that Jano is the true root of all evil – the original nightmare that brought evil to the Glade of Dreams and inspired the creation of Rayman.
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Anyway, I can't wait for the next Origins texture pack from Droolie. It's so kind of him to do this for us. :)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Spanex wrote:Anyway, I can't wait for the next Origins texture pack from Droolie. It's so kind of him to do this for us. :)
Indeed, and it is quite useful for RayWiki. :)
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 17660

Post by Luckster »

*reads the wall of text above with many mentions of The Magician being an admirer of Mr. Dark*

You're not making it easy for me to resist....
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

Luckster wrote:*reads the wall of text above with many mentions of The Magician being an admirer of Mr. Dark*

DO IT! Write the fanfic! :fou:
I suddenly just had the most amazing idea... I'm gonna draw a dramatic fanart of Teensie magician evilly holding a lum in his bloddy hand, standing in front of limbless magician, who is lying on the floor unconscious looking like he's been beaten up. And there will be blood. And teensie-nail-scratch marks. It'll be like Teensie magician violently stole limbless magician's place.
*Ahem* Anyways... I have an Xbox now (Which I haven't even touched yet) And I am hoping to get Rayman Origins for Christmas. :D
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

THEdragon wrote:
Luckster wrote:*reads the wall of text above with many mentions of The Magician being an admirer of Mr. Dark*

Houdini: Dark Flaws anyone?
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

RayFan9876 wrote:
THEdragon wrote:

X,D

RAWR!! I already have enough on my plate as is!!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Luckster wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
THEdragon wrote:

X,D

Place everything that stresses you here:

Dump it on the floor for the dog to deal with, then begin your amazing new fanfic.

I know it sounds sordid, but you shall be rewarded.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Luckster wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
THEdragon wrote:

X,D

Place everything that stresses you here:

Dump it on the floor for the dog to deal with, then begin your amazing new fanfic.

I know it sounds sordid, but you shall be rewarded.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Luckster wrote:Image

Better?
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

In all reality, it doesn't work that way. I'll only work on the fic if I have the free time for it.