Which is the best Rayman look for you?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which is the best Rayman look for you?

Rayman 1
12%
Rayman 2
19%
Rayman 3
56%
Rayman Origins / Legends
14%

Total votes: 171

Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Re: Which is the best Rayman look for you?

Post by Pirez »

That's so petty... We should rename you Bryce...
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

personally, I find R3's shoes to be his best so far.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

So do I.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Pirez wrote:That's so petty... We should rename you Bryce...
I should feel sorry for you for thinking of such an uncreative slanderous name.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Don't hate the player if you don't understand the joke.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Pirez wrote:Don't hate the player if you don't understand the joke.
Make better jokes than.
Teensie&Stenopelix
Lums Jaune
Tings: 160

Post by Teensie&Stenopelix »

Lol on rayman's teeth being compared to Wallace's silly grin, yea we should mention his RRR 3d designs more! Though it is little different from his r3 design.

Anyway to be honest both Ori-Legends' facial expressionism aesthetic and the 3d Rayman 3 design tie in 1st place exactly, I just cannot put one sightly above the other, i love them both!

Now the 2 that tie in 2nd place for me is rayman 1's and 2's (agian, idk which is below the other, blarg! ~_^) when he was cheery and bugeyed, and that Sonic-style together-eyes thingy the 2nd game's renders had (grew up with this design), they were all dandy!

Now on another related topic, what do you guys think about the 3D designs of the UbiArt Legends/Adventures Rayman in those CG trailers? I have noticed his new, thin eyebrows above his eyes, and, well, Rayman, amigo, they don't, egh, look that gre-, er hot..and junk... Could these 3d appearances be what is to come in the next big game?
Mazefire3609
Lums
Tings: 35

Your favorite Rayman design?

Post by Mazefire3609 »

If Dark Rayman (Rayman Arena/M/Rush), Shadow Rayman (I mean the one from Rayman Adventures who has a distinguishing nickname), and Raymesis counts, then I guess they do count for this if they're the same person as Rayman. Maybe.

As I want to go over Rayman's design, his design definitely always have complementary colors of mostly yellow and purple because I guess that fits him? Not that I'm too sure why people tend to praise something like this, but I could think of two reasons why it was. Undeniably, Rayman's design is so unique due to his unusual anatomy and somewhat cartoony design. I think it leans more towards the whimsical than eccentric (Seriously I think I'm still confused about those two terms despite how distinctively similar they are), and his design, I guess fits the setting he's in (Despite how inconsistent that gets in every Rayman game).

For me, I prefer Rayman 3's design of Rayman only because his hair & hoodie looks more detailed, and his hoodie seems to be matching his character somewhere, as much as the scarf does. Even his proportions with his torso is different, and his shoes have a little more detail than back in Rayman 1 & 2. Is it strange that I'm the only one hoping to see Rayman with only 5 fingers on each hand, considering I usually draw Rayman like that (I have not shown my improved art anywhere yet, so don't worry too much about it)? I can say at least that it didn't get the same treatment as the Sonic fans reacted to and what Sonic team devs did to Modern Sonic's models. I guess this Rayman design is...Almost exactly the same as Raving Rabbids 1 & 2, even though the style of them looks similar in a way. I'm not sure why it is important for Rayman to keep having 4 fingers.

While Rayman Origins/Legends shifted art styles, Rayman looks very similar to what he was from Rayman 3 and Raving Rabbids series, except his hoodie strings are simpler, and his shoes are simpler, while his hair is...Well, arguably has a little more detail or just the same as Rayman 3's hair. I find it more natural to easily draw Rayman's design based on Rayman Origins/Legends. Except I can't draw Legends/Origins style because it's not in my humility entirely, so that feels unnatural for me to be able to draw that kind of style since it would be harder to keep more consistency with it. I draw in basic anime/manga style except cartoonier. Idk if drawing too much Sonic CD last year has partly to do with this too (That's before I knew I have to stick with my own humility that I've completely stopped trying Sonic CD).

Rayman 1's Rayman design looks very cartoony in its own style, in a way that it feels meant to be cute and adorable, but something else was hindering Rayman during that design. His neckerchief really fits his trait of having to seek for adventures (Not that everyone needs that kind of scarf for that, but Y'know), and it looked okay on Rayman. Rayman 2's design is better than Rayman 1, but it gave off a really different feeling about Rayman as a person than back in Rayman 1. Maybe it's just me, considering that I do not get why so many people were that fond of Rayman 2's structure, and the tone that they find it easier to consume (I'm not talking about the gameplay). Not that I'm against it, I'm neutral towards it. That design makes me think of Rayman as a generic serious guy (I don't think it's a usual problem, but it can make things a little more boring unless if explored in depth and/or if that character is outside its own comfort), and when I think of generic serious guy, I immediately think of Silver The Hedgehog (They're not very similar to each other and this can very well end up being a poor example of comparison between the two. Don't get me wrong on this, Rayman is better than Silver nor do I hate Silver). I don't mean edgy serious because they don't fit Rayman's setting and tone, and if they're in it, that'd be a massive shift on what Rayman's structure is, even filled with slapstick and surreal humor.

Since I expressed my thoughts about Rayman's design from each game, what do you think of Rayman's design? Which one do you like the most?
mudamuda... MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ZA WARUDO! Tokio tomare... Soshite kure mokidas. ROARUDO RORRADA! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Your favorite Rayman design?

Post by Master »

Wow, that's quite an analysis of the designs we've had over the years. We've already got a thread for this, however, so I'll be merging these two together.
Julian_T
Lums Jaune
Tings: 150

Post by Julian_T »

I don't have a favorite.. Well I do.
All of them! I find each Rayman cool looking. The classic rayman just looks like a cool dude. Rayman 2 looks like a hero with his scarf. Rayman 3 looks like rayman had a teenaged crisis and chose to wear spmethin to "look cool" nice hoodie tho. And rayman origins/legends actually looks like rayman 3 to me but it also has a feeling of the original rayman. It odd, but i find it cool. :D
Polokus
Ugly
Tings: 675

Best Looking Rayman (Himself)

Post by Polokus »

He's been through alot of changes, especially in the early games but it's seemed to have plateau'd a little the last few instances.

My favourite has to be Rayman 3, definitely his "Coolest" appearance with the hoodie and highly textured spiky hair.

He also looks more "Cocky" in his expression and I think it fits him better as apposed to his now more "Goofy" style.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by Polokus on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Merged with the existing Rayman design thread.
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

Master wrote:Merged with the existing Rayman design thread.
aha, didn't see it b4 tnx
outofideasformyname
Lums Violet
Tings: 140

Post by outofideasformyname »

I like the Rayman 1 design the most. It really looks like the 1930s cartoon style they were going for in the original game.
Polokus
Ugly

Post by Polokus »

If you were to take a guess at Rayman's (Average) height, what would you say?

I know obviously he's perceptibly different heights in the different games but I think he looks tallest in R3, which i'd say around 4ft
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I like Both Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 models.
But the one that is my favourite is the "Rayman 2" model.
He looks a little hero-looking.

The "Rayman 3" model makes him look like some Bad-ass Combat character.. In my opinion.
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Definitely Rayman 2. I mean, I like Rayman's badass Rayman 3 model, but Rayman 2's goofy model appeals to me more.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

As much as I preferred Rayman 2's art style, I like Rayman's Rayman 3 character design.
DarkShady
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by DarkShady »

RO/R3, R2, R1.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

The style I always loved was this promotional image, combines the Rayman 3 with that of the promotional trailers of this, I like the style of wearing black gloves without fingers, a more Heroic style, with his fire style hair and pointy, aside the spear uncorkers should return in the future Rayman 4.
Attachments
97xW960.jpg
Last edited by Lil_DRE on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou: