Future Rayman games

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Future Rayman games

Post by Adsolution »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Does the 3DS version not have it? I thought it was more or less a translation of the N64 version.
No, not at all, the DS version was a port of the N64 version. The 3DS version is a port of the Dreamcast version but with only the PC version's graphics, like the iOS version moreorless.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Shit. I might have to get it then.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Rayman 1 Saturn port with enhanced filter graphics option
*sigh*
OldClassicGamer wrote:like Dolphin could upscale it
*sigh*
OldClassicGamer wrote:This is only accaptable compilation for me. Everything else would be not worth.
:boon:
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Screw Rayman 1. If we were to get another UbiArt game, I would love it if they kept with the Mexican cultured world tradition. We've already have the Infernal Kitchens from Gourmand Land and Fiesta de los Muertos, I hope we can get another Mexican world that looks like this.
And this one.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, the aesthetic in that image seems more fitting for Beyond Good and Evil than Rayman, but that's just my perception.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

I would like for Rayman not to go into the real world. He's Rayman. He has floaty limbs. He belongs in his own world where that makes sense, not on Earth. He's so out-of-place there and it honestly hurts the style of the entire franchise to see him mingle in real-world atmospheres like in the Rabbids series and Legends. There were always real-world-like places like in Origins, Rayman 2, 3, the Pink Plant Woods in R1, but never actual real-world things or an equivalent thereof. No offence to Mexico whatsoever, but Mexico should get its butt out of the Rayman series (although the heavily Mexican music-inspired Land of the Livid Dead theme from Origins is amazing... okay I'm conflicted mkay). Same goes for stuff like Knight Rayman or Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Rayman. While it's fun as a gag, really, they shouldn't have been official versions of the character...
I'm sorry but no.

Rayman is fantasy. He has no place in the real world and the real world has no place in the franchise. I want to see a fantastical world; one that makes sense in the series.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

You're just jealous the devs love my country the most.
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Does anyone else really like Razoff and Begoniax? I think they're pretty interesting characters and I'd like to explore them a bit in a future game. Unlikely, but then again so are all my hopes for this series.

Also, I really like the idea of the Magician as a villain with well-intentioned motives, but the vague way it was carried out was highly disappointing. I just hope the developers of future games aren't as piss scared to incorporate a competent storyline. R2 and R3 I feel are the games that did the best job of fleshing out the Glade, providing backstory and mythos for a lot of its areas and characters, and while their stories weren't grand and sweeping, they gave you a sense of drive while playing. They made you feel like you were actually on an adventure, not just diddling around on a video game on a Friday night after your girlfriend broke up with you because she couldn't handle long distance. I really like the new games, just wish they had more depth to them.

Another thing I dislike is Rayman's personality--like I said in another topic, he's pretty much the same dude as the other playable characters. I really liked the dynamic from the 3D games, particularly R3 which I believe perfected it: Rayman works best as the straight man to the silliness and hilarity of the supporting cast. Globox is goofy and unintelligent, so Rayman is more rational to supplement him. Murfy and the villains are sarcastic and snarky, so Rayman is more patient. I don't know, it just seemed more balanced and structured that way. Don't get me wrong, I love craziness, but when every character in the game is crazy, nobody is.

Lastly, Rayman doesn't gel with me as a silent protagonist. RO and RL aren't solely guilty of this; the Rabbids series before it neglected to give him any dialogue for whatever reason. There's nothing wrong with silent main characters and I totally understand their popularity in the video game medium, but Rayman has never been one of these, not even really in Rayman 1 (he says "no problem" in the only cutscene in the game). He was a relatively chatty fellow in R2 and R3, the games which I believe have the best character dynamics by far. Whether it was R2's gibberish or straight English/whatever language you're playing the game in, I think the dialogue gave him more relatability as a character. Maybe I just miss David Gasman.

Geez, I took a break from Rayman for about a year and came back with some hot fresh opinions. Sorry if I offended anyone here or if I sound bitchy, just wanted to give my criticisms on the series at present and I'm sure many would agree with me. Like I said, I love the new games. They're fun as hell and I still play Legends often to this day. Feel free to contest my viewpoints, I'd love a chance to discuss this franchise in depth.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

No, it's perfectly fine. Been a while since we've had some big discussion like this. I'm not in the best mind to respond to your post right now, but I intend to do so at some point.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

I would love to see Ales have more development. He's my favorite villain after all and certainly had a far more sinister plan than other villain.

I don't like Rayman being silent either. The UbiArt games weren't reliant on story, so it didn't bother me too much. But I do hope we get to hear Rayman talk again.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Looks like Ubisoft has plans to milk Assassin's Creed till 2025:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/Assassins- ... Pgs_XzF98E
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Melody
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Melody »

10 years of milking a franchise? I bet they will be rushed and released every year. This is going to be a breast milking
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Get ready for Assassin's Creed 72 : Space Marines Vs Predator
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

I don't really see why that matters to us. Development of Assassin's Creed doesn't slow down development of Rayman.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Yeah, why should we care about Ass Creed?
darkhairwarrior
Matuvu
Tings: 245

Post by darkhairwarrior »

So I was thinking of a possible story for the next Rayman game

As of Legends, all the Magicians are lost in space right? What if they found Razorbeard and led him back to Rayman's world?

Just a small theory but I could see it happening. It was actually one of the first things I thought of when I saw the scenery of space from Rayman Legends.
Coming soon
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Jewish Candy wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:01 pm Bah. No. A new Rayman game can only happen once Ancel is finished with WiLD and BGE2, by which time Western civilisation will be in a state of decay and frivolous things like videogames will be the last thing on people's minds.
Just came across this quote browsing through the archives! It's weirdly prescient, albeit in an inexact manner...
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well, Western civilisation certainly is in a state of decay, but that's precisely because frivolous things are the only thing on people's minds. :P
skellydude7
Matuvu
Tings: 230

Re: Furture rayman games

Post by skellydude7 »

Adsolution wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:51 pm That was... excruciatingly hard to follow. When making a thread, can you please use better grammar and punctuation, or at least one of the two? ;)
guys I was 10 when I made this post :fou2:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Well at the time I’m pretty certain most people who commented here were probably in their teens or early twenties! But i guess it made for good discussion! :P
PluMGMK wrote: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:37 pm Won't happen, the franchises are definitively separated. And that's the way most people want it.
When you think about it, the recent DLC doesn’t take place in The Glade of Dreams, nor does it take place in the world the Rabbids are currently but rather some random tv show/station (at least from what I heard), so fundamentally as aged as this comment is it would still make sense since the universes are still separated. :mrgreen:
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L